If you can only sign two? Checking the temp of .NET

You can only sign two. Who are they? You can assume that we will trade the odd man out.

• Russell and Bobby

Votes: 78 72.2%
  • Russell and Frank

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Bobby and Frank

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Trade them all

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

Hawkfish

Reaction score
Curious about .Net opinion now with Frank Clark and his agent likely asking top 3 DE money.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Trade Clark on draft day if you must for as much as you can get, at least a 1st.
Keeping Russ and Wags is a no-brainer.

Steve2222

Reaction score
If they can get a first for Frank I’d be all over that, especially in such a rich DL draft class.

knownone

Reaction score
It depends on their contracts. I like Frank as a player, but I don't like the idea of paying him 20M+/Year.

summesm

Reaction score
I'd say Bobby and Russ . To bad they didn't get a deal done as they should had for Clark but instead let another team set he market on him . If they mess around it will happen on Bobby also and if Russ takes all the money we Lose Reed also which is huge he is great player and will just keep getting better. Sad to develope players like him then can't keep hem after there rookie contract. . as for Russ he wants the bank hope once he gets all the money and we cant sign others I better not hear go hawks in every interview cause he isn't all about team he about him he should say go Russ.

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it comes down to how you value guys, do you pay a good or very good player like a great player and have ok guys around him or feel you can put together 5 or 6 good guys and develop them to be very good or great and spread money around to do that and grow.

Chawker

Reaction score
30 plus million on one player is like removal of our starting LBing core. I love russ but not at this price.
Cheers :141847_bnono:

Tical21

Reaction score
I think you have to throw Reed into the mix too.

erik2690

Reaction score
Chawker":d5wey9ay said:
30 plus million on one player is like removal of our starting LBing core. I love russ but not at this price.
Cheers :141847_bnono:

Just to be clear 31 million is 30 plus.......31 would be an absolute steal and would be low in the top 5 contracts or lower by the time he's 1 year in to that deal. 30 plus should not be the barrier b/c again there are numbers above 30 that would extremely team friendly.

Largent80

Reaction score
They will find a way to keep all four is my opinion.

Finding a willing trade partner this close to the draft is probably not going to happen.

And if it did, that team will have to be able to sign Clark long term and this draft has a huge number of very good D Line players, and I don't see the Hawks trading him.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
This is MUCH harder than I thought it would be.

For Wagner I'm just very on the fence about if any inside linebacker is worth 17 APY

For Clark with the way the league is trending (50% of passes now come out before 2.5 seconds, which neutralizes the importance of edge rushers) I think 20 APY for an edge might increasingly make less sense.

For Wilson it just doesn't seem like the Hawks have any interest in running an offense that requires 30 million dollars per year worth of quarterback.

HOW I VOTED:

1) Wagner is the easiest yes, just because of these three he's the one who is most firmly in the conversation for best in the league at his position, and with the way the game is trending MLBs of his skillset are increasingly valuable.

2) Wilson is the second easiest yes, both because he's better at his position than Clark, and because it seems like even if the Seahawks don't have much interest in maximizing Wilson's abilities on a per-play basis, a big part of their offense is still Wilson bailing them out on bad decisions they insist on making on offense.

3) Clark is the one I'd let go. He's the least skilled at his position, and with the way the league is going I think inside rush is becoming more important than outside rush (the way to combat balls that come out quick is quick inside pressure -- I think edge sacks might increasingly become mop up duty that branches off inside pressure).

TreeRon

Reaction score
Wilson @ $35 mill is more important to the team than Clark @ $20 million. Bobby at $20 million is also more important than Clark @ same. Bobby and Russ are in the top 5 at their positions. Clark is very good but he is not top 5.
Ergo, if you got to let one go, make it Clark.

The Breh

Reaction score
Only problem cuttin Frank loose is we'd have to bank on hitting in the draft to fill his role.
Naz, Martin and Green all have potential but would be thrust into the mix like Frank was much sooner.
Pass rush is of dire importance this offseason.
Bobby is irreplaceable.
Same as Russ is for our team in particular.
Frank would be nice to keep around as he stepped in in a big way last year but his production is also the easiest to replace.
Sorry Frank.

Largent80

Reaction score
We couldn't stop the run worth a shit last year and that has not much to do with Clark. We need DT. Stephen left.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Tical21":rgtagqfu said:
I think you have to throw Reed into the mix too.

I agree,, You've got Wilson, Clark, Wagner, and Reed you have to deal with over these next 2 years.. That's going to be a trick to keep all of them.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Trade Clark, give Russell a new deal and heck you can franchise Bobby for 2 years at like 15 and 18 million . No?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Russ and Bobby are the heart of this team, they flat out need to stay. I could see trading Clark, especially w/him wanting 20 mil or more a year.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
To me it's simple: You don't pay good/not great talent top dollar.

Russell and Bobby are great. Clark is good (even very good).

Clark in trade is going to net you the second best return of the three. And Seattle should be able to draft at least an immediate successor this year, with even a developmental project later. So of the three positions, the draft dictates that DE/pass rusher will be by far the easiest to find a comparable talent.

The expectation from the Clark camp in terms of contract value is just too high. Clearly it's borne from the expectation that Seattle will be unable to tag him next year and he'll end up being a prized UFA in a less stellar draft class. There is little motivation for him to sign for less. Seattle is in a difficult bind and should get out from under the cap stress.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":sftte2xo said:
To me it's simple: You don't pay good/not great talent top dollar.

Russell and Bobby are great. Clark is good (even very good).

Clark in trade is going to net you the second best return of the three. And Seattle should be able to draft at least an immediate successor this year, with even a developmental project later. So of the three positions, the draft dictates that DE/pass rusher will be by far the easiest to find a comparable talent.

The expectation from the Clark camp in terms of contract value is just too high. Clearly it's borne from the expectation that Seattle will be unable to tag him next year and he'll end up being a prized UFA in a less stellar draft class. There is little motivation for him to sign for less. Seattle is in a difficult bind and should get out from under the cap stress.

The fact that Clark's not quite elite ignores positional value. Clark pays a more important position and is one of two or three legitimate pass rushers we need along the line. One high pick at the position is unlikely to be anything more than a lateral move for the next two years, and I have little confidence in any of the projects currently on the team.

Wagner, on the other hand, while exceeding the value of his position by a significant margin, is older and can be immediately replaced by Mychal Kendricks (I'm assuming Seattle would not have signed him without some confidence that he'll be available).

Our defense loses regardless of who we keep, but even a very good fourth-year pass rusher, to me, is a more valuable investment than a 28-year-old Pro Bowl linebacker. Kick Clark to the curb and we're back to the 2012/2016/2017 Seahawks. It's ALWAYS lack of pass rush that kills teams in the playoffs - that or QB play.

Folks won't like that, but they should speak to the NFL for making the quarterback position so damn squallingly important that even its natural predators have the ability to hold teams over a barrel.