Predict the opener 2019

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's that time of year where we are a little over a week from the 2019 Schedule Release. Rumors have it as coming out on Thursday, April 18th. Exactly one week before the draft, and it has been on the Thursday before the draft the last 3 seasons. And an fyi, The Mariners are on the ROAD Sept. 8 and 9 so we may finally get a home game to start the season. Also, they have already announced that the Pats are playing Sunday night football on Sept. 8th. So, let's hear the predictions on the opener, who we are playing and where. :irishdrinkers:

I'm going with the Hawks HOSTING Monday Night Football vs. the 39ers as our opener in 2019.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I'm going boring hosting Cardinals 105pm kick off.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawks vs Bay City Bombers!! :twisted:

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawks have yet to get the second game on the opening Monday Night, which I just don't understand. Trend continues this year and they don't get it. They get a 1 o'clock game on Sunday against the Bucs (Bengals as my second choice - either way I expect it to be a crappy game).

And for convenience, here are the opponents.

Seattle Seahawks 2019 opponents:

Home: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Minnesota Vikings.

Away: Arizona Cardinals, Los Angeles Rams, San Francisco 49ers, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles.

summesm

Reaction score
Im hoping just for a home game opening weekend . Wasn't till week 3 last year.
If I was guessing we start on the road once again .
Preseason schedule out looks like we have home game week one of preseason and week four.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
For selfish reasons I hope they open in Cleveland... closest to home for me.

For logical reasons I hope they open I’m Cleveland so they don’t face the Browns when they figure out who they MIGHT be.

James in PA

Reaction score
I predict the most annoying matchup we could possibly get. That would be on the road, 10am Pacific start, against a team that we’re all so sick and tired of seeing every year: Carolina. And we’ll be on the losing end of a 10-6 game and it will be like 100 degrees and Carolina will wear white, forcing us to wear our dark unis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
James in PA":mbes2xyw said:
I predict the most annoying matchup we could possibly get. That would be on the road, 10am Pacific start, against a team that we’re all so sick and tired of seeing every year: Carolina. And we’ll be on the losing end of a 10-6 game and it will be like 100 degrees and Carolina will wear white, forcing us to wear our dark unis.

At least we'd be getting the game over with early.

But history suggests we'd have a good chance of winning that game, too. :2thumbs:

Fade

Reaction score
At SF in the heat.

It amazes me how often the Seahawks have to play on the road, in the heat to start a season.

I want New Orleans MNF. the late, late game.

summesm

Reaction score
In last seven years we have only started season at home two times and one those we earned by getting to host the opening night game after winning super bowl. This year there is zero conflict why we should not get a home opener (except nfl making us start on road) Mariners and sounder are away that weekend. Also the only other Sunday at start of season without conflict is week 3 . The sounders play on week 2 and 5 at home Sunday's (sept 15 week 2, October 6 week 5) . Mariners home Sunday sept 29 week 4. Those weeks with Sunday conflicts we could always host a Monday or Thursday night game . I'm just hoping for a opening weekend home game for only 3rd time in 8 years. We started last year with 2 on the road and first home game week 3.

quadsas

Reaction score
Our schedule is...

soooooooooooo weak. 3 games against good teams (Rams and Saints), the rest are against walking mediocrities. I am already waiting for postseason, there's gonna be a lot of boring ass games

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At Atlanta and At Carolina could be real tough games. Saints and Vikes at home. Rams twice, very tough. An improved Niners team twice. Philly, Atlanta, Pitts, Panthers and Cleveland on the road. I don't know, looks like a pretty tough schedule. At least on paper.

quadsas

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":zwbnrq3i said:
At Atlanta and At Carolina could be real tough games. Saints and Vikes at home. Rams twice, very tough. An improved Niners team twice. Philly, Atlanta, Pitts, Panthers and Cleveland on the road. I don't know, looks like a pretty tough schedule. At least on paper.

No idea how you see that schedule as tough. It's a piece cake

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of tough games on the schedule this year. I still say we go 11-5 and make yet another playoff appearance.