Del Rio Bold Russell Prediction

John63

Reaction score
SPOHAWK":3aa3u5r3 said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/09/jack-del-rio-dont-be-surprised-if-theres-a-russell-wilson-trade/

I read it, and can't get the time back its complete click bait

Reaction score
I hate to say it but I think he could be right. The fact that RW is gonna want a massive contract coupled with the fact Pete wants to get back to tough defense and a running game makes me think a trade could be in the works. I think it will be the Giants but who knows.
I get both sides of the argument for or against for RW new contract. I for one am a big RW fan but as a fan of the Hawks first and foremost...I trust management to do the right thing. Gonna be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

Largent80

Reaction score
If you think JS and Pete are going to let RW go, you don't know them very well.

Del Rio, the guy without a coaching job.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
If they are going to do it next year is the year. Its a very good QB draft.

toffee

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":1syk21u5 said:
I hate to say it but I think he could be right. The fact that RW is gonna want a massive contract coupled with the fact Pete wants to get back to tough defense and a running game makes me think a trade could be in the works. I think it will be the Giants but who knows.
I get both sides of the argument for or against for RW new contract. I for one am a big RW fan but as a fan of the Hawks first and foremost...I trust management to do the right thing. Gonna be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

what if 9ers comes with Jimmy GQ + First round pic + 3 round pick for our DangeRuss Wilson?

Seymour

Reaction score
toffee":2utd853z said:
coorslighthawk":2utd853z said:

what if 9ers comes with Jimmy GQ + First round pic + 3 round pick for our DangeRuss Wilson?

What if a meteorite lands on Clink?

Ozzy

Reaction score
If Seattle trades Wilson we will go back to being the Seahawks we were before we got Russ. It could happen but I seriously hope not.

chris98251

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":p9mln5d5 said:
If they are going to do it next year is the year. Its a very good QB draft.

Yeah the very good QB drafts of late have yielded who other then Mahomes so far that has done anything year to year, I think the failure rate has went up a lot on first round drafted QB's in the last 10 years.

Why if you have one you pay him.

thegameq

Reaction score
It could happen:

New York, media capital of the world and all that. Bright lights big city--Russ would be an even bigger star if he were to win there--GOD FORBID WIN A SUPERBOWL--Seattle would never hear the end of it. Add Ciara to the mix, blah, blah, etc.

Pete wants to play defense and run the ball. The passing game is a necessary evil as far as Pete is concerned.

It won't happen though:

Seattle would be getting back on the QB carousel. See teams without a legit franchise QB. Yeah he would take up a huge chunk of the cap and hamper the ability to win a Super bowl, but at least the team would have a chance. In the NFL with parity and all--it's better than nothing I suppose.

OP
OP
S

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Gruden does love Russell.... :stirthepot:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Just no.

Carolls ceiling without Russell is 9 wins. His floor with Russell is 9 wins. Irrespective of defense and run game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
No news.

Pundits look for "clickable stories" and the biggest possible story right now is a "Superbowl winning QB possibly moving to another team."

Del Rio's coaching career is OVER. He's looking for a desk job. Open Mouth, Make Bold Statement.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Del Rio is an idiot and he was as a head coach too.

There is only one way that Wilson will be traded and that is if the bargaining position becomes so unreasonable or unrealistic that there is no way the team could ever agree. Even then the team would need to get genuine value for him in trade as they could hold on or a few franchise designations.

I cannot picture JS ever easily agreeing to trade Wilson away.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
It’s silly season where pundits and fantasy football/madden freaks come to purge your team and give you scraps in return.

Remember when Earl Thomas was just minutes away signing with *allas for about a month this offseason,and how how last year Seattle was going to give him away for a 3rd (before he got hurt).

Same idiots.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":33bvil7g said:
Largent80":33bvil7g said:
Tarvaris Jackson. Anyone remember that????

Good lord sign Russell Wilson NOW !!!!!

This post could be the one that brings Sioux back to the forum Largent.
You take that back sir!!! :x

8)

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It makes no sense unless you are going to load up the defense and try to win that way.

The chance at drafting even a top ten QB requires you be bad for several years. Any team that Wilson gets on, assuming a trade, would not be bad enough to qualify.

The chance at replacing Wilson with a QB even close to his ability requires you spin the wheel for 3-5 years.

Does anyone believe this is in the cards when we probably don't even have the same HC in 5 years?

Even in applying all those picks to defense, it would take years and our record with 1st round picks is pretty bad. Maybe a package of picks in a really deep draft class but even then it would be a PR disaster for this team.

There really is not a scenario where I can see this working out for the Hawks if they trade away Wilson.

94Smith

Reaction score
Russel Wilson enters the league in 2012 and the Hawks make the playoffs every year except 2017 and they still have a winning record that year. Lynch....gone. LOB......gone. Yet you still won last year and made the playoffs. If Wilson is traded or you let him walk in FA, it will be the end of Seahawks success. The guy is a winner.