You Predict: Russell

What will be the most likely outcome for Russell Wilson in 2019?

• He will be signed to a multi-year contract making him the highest paid player in the NFL.

Votes: 53 46.5%
  • He will be signed to the franchise tag.

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • He will be traded.

Votes: 29 25.4%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's one of these. My vote is the multi-year deal.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
TreeRon":33aouz1x said:
5 Year, $35 million, all guaranteed

Per year? Could be. It will be more than anyone yet, that I am sure.

Now will it be finalized by Monday? Hmmm. Doubtful.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Did you mean 2020? If they can't agree on an extension then it's likely Russ would play out his existing year in 2019 ($25m cap hit) and then be franchised in 2020. A fourth unlikely option would involve Russ holding out in response to a franchise tag.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
My sense is a contract that gives him both the biggest signing bonus and most guaranteed money in NFL history, but not by a crazy amount. The next name QB up for a contract extension will then exceed Russ. Get it done, front office!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I say Russ will play out his contract and the team will franchise him for 2020 and 2021. In 2022 he will sign a Kirk Cousins type contract for a boatload of money with NY or LA, whichever one happens to be in need of a QB, probably the Chargers.

Russ is likely to end his career as LeBron James will, leaving a city that loves him unconditionally for one where he has no history, and the fans just don't care about him. If he sets a career record, the fans will just yawn. He'll make his $$$$ but it won't be worth it.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3637qs5s said:
Russell will be traded. Josh Rosen will end up in Seattle.

Josh Frozen? Won't happen. With our O-line, we need a QB who can move. Josh has a good arm but he is a statue.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Could very well happen. But 3 more years in his prime here in Seattle would be a very good thing. If he goes to NY at age 34, and after 10 years in the league, so be it.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Sadly, Russ will be traded to Oakland/Las Vegas. Russ' wife gets her wish to live in a more entertainment friendly city.

To Oakland:
Russell Wilson

To Seattle:
Derek Carr
#4 & #27 1st round picks

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2kxccbfr said:
Could very well happen. But 3 more years in his prime here in Seattle would be a very good thing. If he goes to NY at age 34, and after 10 years in the league, so be it.

Exactly. I would take my chances if I am the Seahawks. They control Russ for 3 more years. If he wants to go after that, then they have 3 years to find a replacement. If he holds out during that time, he is only hurting his brand (which he cares very much about).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't like that these newest reports from King and others are Rodgers and Russell are asking for the guaranteed salary portion of his contract be tied to the salary cap increases over the life of the contract.

This is unprecedented, and could be why this has taken so long. IMO it's unreasonable and says that Russell and Rodgers are more concerned with breaking the mold of how QB's sign and Rodgers trying to break the NFL and mold, and far less concerned with getting this done..................especially with THEIR self imposed 4/15 deadline.

DynoHawk

Reaction score
From what I heard on the KJR this morning, word is if they don't reach a deal today, Wilson and Rodgers will not negotiate further....ever.
NBC Sports’ Peter King, citing a source, reported Monday morning that if Rodgers and Wilson are to be taken at their word, the pair will walk away from the table if a deal is not struck by end of day Monday and won’t return at all to negotiate a long-term deal.

Not during training camp, not next January or February, after the Seahawks’ season ends. No más.

Whether or not its true, I have no clue...just what I heard.

James in PA

Reaction score
DynoHawk":3lcb5ojp said:
From what I heard on the KJR this morning, word is if they don't reach a deal today, Wilson and Rodgers will not negotiate further....ever.
NBC Sports’ Peter King, citing a source, reported Monday morning that if Rodgers and Wilson are to be taken at their word, the pair will walk away from the table if a deal is not struck by end of day Monday and won’t return at all to negotiate a long-term deal.

Not during training camp, not next January or February, after the Seahawks’ season ends. No más.
Whether or not its true, I have no clue...just what I heard.
May or may not be true, but the Hawks hold all the cards here and can still have him at a reasonable price for 3 more full seasons. They don’t need to do anything. In fact, I’m sort of hoping they don’t. It would show that the Hawks don’t cave to anyone, even someone as high profile as Russ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2_0_6

Reaction score
Paying a QB a franchise tag salary is not a reasonable price, especially in year two. Heard something thrown around like $37mil.

James in PA

Reaction score
2_0_6":26bb9hnk said:
Paying a QB a franchise tag salary is not a reasonable price, especially in year two. Heard something thrown around like $37mil.
For a top 5 QB it’s not unreasonable.

2_0_6

Reaction score
James in PA":29jk7ih4 said:
2_0_6":29jk7ih4 said:
For a top 5 QB it’s not unreasonable.

:roll:

The last thing the Hawks want to do is let it go to the 2nd Franchise tag with him. After that he walks with zero compensation.

Latest posts