Who are you most excited to see growth wise this season?

King Dog

Reaction score
Love me some Dissly, but I think he's gonna need a full year after the injury before he's back to being the player I hope(d) he can be.

Flowers is up there on the list. I'm not sure he has a crazy high ceiling as much as just being a competent starter though.

Rashaad Penny. Disappointing rookie season as far as I'm concerned. I know he had the injury, but he just looked overweight and slow to me. When I watched his college film, he reminded me of a Shaun Alexander which anything close would be great. I watched him at an ASU game before I knew who he was and he blew me away.

David Moore?

Rasheem Green?

Darboh? Yuck

Thompson or Hill? Yuck. Hope we have a plan

I'm going with Poona. Thought he looked pretty good last season and always root for the undrafted guy without the measurables.

Dark horse: Nazir Jones. What happened to this guy? Looked promising his rookie year.

toffee

Reaction score
On offense:
Darboh, Penny, Moore, Simmons, Jamarco Jones

On defense:
Green, Poona, Griffins, Tedric, Flowers

The Breh

Reaction score
Don't see Jones or Simmons get much playing time unless an injury occurs but I'm intrigued.
Penny and hopefully Moore can pull it together a bit more.
Green, Flowers and Martin-who showed serious potential.
Shaq1 gotta do something tho or he's gonna have somebody in the wings ready to take over for him.

And, because we've essentially given him the nod money wise-Russ. Assert your intellect because twice in the playoffs the "better" judgment of our coaches sent us packing.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Completely agree with most all of the names mentioned so far -- several players already on our roster hold more intrigue than the 20-some players we're going to draft in Rounds 6 and 7. On defense, I'm very excited about Green. On offense, a break-out year by Dissly would be nice, but I hope to see a new product on the field in Penny that we didn't really have last year (injury notwithstanding), i.e., evidence of taking full advantage of the offseason via dedicated hard work.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Defense:
Nickel-Boykins or King. Make losing Coleman irrelevant.
Shaquem Griffin
Rasheem Green
Jacob Martin

Offense:
Keenan Reynolds-Baldwin clone
CJ Procise

Tical21

Reaction score
For me, it is probably Russell, in our offense. He showed some real growth last year in some areas where has not always excelled, and I'm excited to see what that looks like in year 2.

Why would you be disappointed with Penny last year? 5 YPC is tough to beat.

I'm excited to see Jamarco Jones, not sure if growth is the right word.

Really interested to see if Kallan Reed can run with the nickel job.

Did they redshirt Shaquem last season, or was he just not a good enough football player to play? Either way, I'm excited to see if they can get some pass rush out of him this season.

Delano Hill, I guess. Man, I dunno, they need to find some more young studs somehow.

Tical21

Reaction score
The Breh":2hiplgpx said:
Don't see Jones or Simmons get much playing time unless an injury occurs but I'm intrigued.
Penny and hopefully Moore can pull it together a bit more.
Green, Flowers and Martin-who showed serious potential.
Shaq1 gotta do something tho or he's gonna have somebody in the wings ready to take over for him.

And, because we've essentially given him the nod money wise-Russ. Assert your intellect because twice in the playoffs the "better" judgment of our coaches sent us packing.
Oh, I think Jones wins all ties this season. Either Jones or Simmons will start at LG, no? Jones has three more years of cheap control, you'd love him to win a job. And I think he can run block like a SOB.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Personally I think Shaq is a different deal then the other names, mainly for the social impact he had, being the biggest story of the draft and the inspiration he is for kids. There's a psychological side to this that I feel the Seahawks are being sensitive to. He looked overwhelmed in the rare times he was out there on defense and I think they want to take their time with him so the feel good story has a happy ending. He's doing good with ST contributions but the defensive side there's work to be done. Good raw talent but still green, and when you have that amount of focus on one player through his inspirational story - and an impressionable list of young kids who are looking up to him - there's a multitude of reasons we all want him to succeed.

TreeRon

Reaction score
HAWKAMANIA":1fa2jzz4 said:
Schottenheimer. You paid Russell, now use him!

This !
Pete as well. As Schotty can't do a thing w/out Pete's blessing.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Offense - Fant
Defense - Hill

Fant's growth means a succession plan for Duane Brown. That's the 2nd most vital position on offense. In the short term, it provides clarity with Ifedi's status as well. Fant's successful development is a 12-25 overall type of success in the draft.

Hill to me is crucial. I have no realistic hope that Thompson will be a long term solution. Hill however does have that chance. The secondary was just simply brutal last year. Have to get that fixed.

If I had to pick a sentimental option, it would be Ford. Dude just is the kind of player you'd like to see on this team for a good 8 year run.

Seymour

Reaction score
I will have to go with Wilson. With his new contract he is now being paid $500,000 per inch per year and that is just too much. Too short. Grow into your new salary Russ. :twisted:

Seriously though....I think Penny and Fant could step up this year.

mrt144

Reaction score
Man, I would absolutely love to see Fant become some kinda crazy weapon where yes, he's a 6th OL dude 75% of the time laying his blocks, sealing edges, getting 2nd level on an outside run, but on 25% he's roaming the field as some pass catching giant getting that integral first down on like 3rd and 6.

Make it so.

chris98251

Reaction score
Reed and Jefferson and Thompson on Defense, on Offense Penny ready to go and on track out of the gate and Moore get more involved in other routes.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Excited? Don't know.

Curious? Absolutely!

For me:

On D
DE- Rasheem Green
OLB/DE- Jacob Martin
DT- Poona Ford
CB- Tre Flowers
CB - Shaquil Griffin

On O
WR- David Moore
OT- George Fant
OT- Jamarco Jones
RB- Rashaad Penny
RB- Bo Scarborough
TE- Will Dissly

P- Michael Dickson

There is a nucleus of good young players here, some of whom have shown themselves in brief moments to be special and some who have the ability to be special.

quadsas

Reaction score
Tical21":3rjb3s8z said:
For me, it is probably Russell, in our offense. He showed some real growth last year in some areas where has not always excelled, and I'm excited to see what that looks like in year 2.

Did they redshirt Shaquem last season, or was he just not a good enough football player to play? Either way, I'm excited to see if they can get some pass rush out of him this season.

Delano Hill, I guess. Man, I dunno, they need to find some more young studs somehow.

Cause if you watched the games, you'd know Penny was complete garbage.

I am most excited about Carson. He still has room to grow. and if he does improve, he will be all-pro running back.
Dissly too
Poona too
Flowers too

chris98251

Reaction score
quadsas":27zsupvw said:
Tical21":27zsupvw said:

I am most excited about Carson. He still has room to grow. and if he does improve, he will be all-pro running back.
Dissly too
Poona too
Flowers too

I want more 5 yds a rush Garbage.

toffee

Reaction score
quadsas":j3u9m492 said:
Tical21":j3u9m492 said:

Dissly too
Poona too
Flowers too

If Penny could learn from Carson to run up the middle with mentality to punish whoever trying to stop him. Penny could be that 3 down back every team wants. As is he either danced or hit the ‘hole’ without gusto, and seldom gain yards after first contact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk