Russell Wilson Press Conference 4/17

Jville

Reaction score
Russell Wilson Press Conference 4/17 >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.pscp.tv/Seahawks/1mrGmvVLkaNJy[/urltargetblank]

seahawks.com link >>>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/video/live-video-player[/urltargetblank]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thx for the reminder, good presser so far. Russ homer or not, there is no way in hell this guy wanted to leave Seattle. His "deadline" was about just getting it done so he could focus on football etc. Shoot, just listening to this guy talk about the team, the way they approach things, about winning, all of it is solid stuff. Love seeing his teammates there as well. All about family.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Great conference. It was great to hear Russell's love for Seattle and his love for his teammates. It's all the same stuff we've heard him say before, but it's still nice to hear again anyway.

Super glad he's our QB.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
If this photograph doesn't endear him permanently to this city...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1118624271838789633[/tweet]

rcaido

Reaction score
Wilson please bring the Sonics back!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3tzcnh3i said:
Thx for the reminder, good presser so far. Russ homer or not, there is no way in hell this guy wanted to leave Seattle. His "deadline" was about just getting it done so he could focus on football etc. Shoot, just listening to this guy talk about the team, the way they approach things, about winning, all of it is solid stuff. Love seeing his teammates there as well. All about family.
This is why I always compare him to Cal Ripken. What he brings to the Seahawks and the city of Seattle is so rare. His respect for everything around him is a very special trait. Enjoy having him around now because when he is gone he will surely be missed.

Russell Wilson is a class act. There truly is no one else in the league quite like him.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson spends a LOT of his own money on trainers, nutritional chefs, sports psychologists, training equipment, physical and medical studies to keep his body in the best shape possible. He even paid a live in Physical Therapy guy when his knee got hurt.

My guess is he spends several of his own millions to keep himself mentally and physically in top shape.

ivotuk

Reaction score
“The next deal was going to be the place where, ‘Hey, if we’re going to be in Seattle, wherever it’s going to be, I want to make sure that’s where I’m going to be for the next 10-12 years hopefully,'” Wilson said Wednesday

“That was kind of my mindset, from (age) 30 to 40. And then you reassess, you add on, and everything else. But the reality was for the next 10 years.”

I found this to be especially heart warming:

While the day was mostly celebratory, there was a twinge of sadness Wednesday as well. Wilson’s deal was the first major signing by the team since the passing of owner Paul Allen last fall. Schneider became choked up briefly, saying, “This is a day that Paul Allen would have been extremely proud of,” and later recalled a story of the day Wilson was drafted in 2012.

“Paul called in and was like, ‘So you took the little guy huh?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, I did, I did Paul. We did. We did.’ And he just hung up,” Schneider recalled. “I gave the phone back to Pete and he was like, ‘What did he say?’ and I was like, ‘He didn’t say anything, man.’ He was super fired up.”

Wilson, Carroll and Schneider all praised the involvement of Allen’s sister, Jody, the chairman of the Seahawks organization, in making sure one of the centerpieces of Seattle’s success over the past seven seasons wasn’t going anywhere.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/wil ... wks-041719

John63

Reaction score
ivotuk":32d7ez5e said:
Russell Wilson spends a LOT of his own money on trainers, nutritional chefs, sports psychologists, training equipment, physical and medical studies to keep his body in the best shape possible. He even paid a live in Physical Therapy guy when his knee got hurt.

My guess is he spends several of his own millions to keep himself mentally and physically in top shape.

Who do you think pays of the offensive players to come to the training he does in the off-season with them? WILSON

Fade

Reaction score
I liked that JS said that the deadline was a good thing. As they have a lot of things to do, and players to take care of. And reflecting back, they spent too much time on the last RW negotiation taking it up all the way to training camp, which effected their off-season that year too much.

Good.

Sounds like Wagner & Reed could get done this off-season.

They should keep Clark for this year, and Franchise tag him next off-season, then trade him if they can't work out a deal.

I just want two of them signed, so the franchise tag can be used on the 3rd one, or at least that option is available.

lobohawk

Reaction score
The main thing you have to remember about Wilson is his commitment. When he's committed, he gives everything. You see it in silly endorsements, like nano-bubbles. Sounds silly to us, but he agreed to represent and he commits fully.

Getting this done means he's as bought in as a player can be.

John63

Reaction score
lobohawk":v1o75ekh said:
The main thing you have to remember about Wilson is his commitment. When he's committed, he gives everything. You see it in silly endorsements, like nano-bubbles. Sounds silly to us, but he agreed to represent and he commits fully.

Getting this done means he's as bought in as a player can be.

True and lets remember it was his idea for the no trade clause, and him that went to his agent and said get it done and keep me in Seattle.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like the comparison to Cal Ripkin. Shoot, Russ is who he is. People seem to be bothered by it, but he sticks to it. Corny or not TO FANS, this is who he is. It's hilarious how bent out of shape people get over something that SOMEONE ELSE does. Why do people care so much if he does something corny? So what? He's not out getting in trouble, beating his wife, getting busted etc. And people taking it so personally like he did something to them. Makes zero sense, but it likely will never change. At this point, I just laugh at it, especially when local radio calls him stuff like "Seattle's little Angel" etc.
He's extremely focused and is one of the biggest leaders we have every seen in Seattle sports history.

TreeRon

Reaction score
RW is corny yes, and I like it. He's the geeky kid down the street who's parents are philosophy profs at the local christian college. He just happens to be a splendid athlete as well. I can imagine him, left to his own devises showing up in public wearing a plaid shirt, striped pants with white patent shoes and belt.
We all should know by now that none of what he seems is phony. It's who he is. He's a good guy with a good heart. People are going to have to live with that.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
When I think of some of the dilemmas fans have to go through in having to like / support star players based on their off-field personas, I will gladly take dorky and that his social media content is only cringe worthy due to their corniness and nothing else.

As a non resident of the city / state, I didn't appreciate how big this is to a lot of you with the history of losing stars (Griffey, A-Rod) or entire teams (Sonics). It's a nice change for you guys to have a guy all in and committing to the team and city.