Pick 29, 1st Round - LJ Collier, DE, Texas Christian

toffee

Reaction score
Not a household name so may not be a show horse but could be a work horse?

John63

Reaction score
NFLs comparison for him is Michael Bennett I am good with that, and we went form 5 picks to 9

mikeak

Reaction score
Concerned with players feasting on inferior opponents. Which is what happens when you play for tcu. Hope I am wrong

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They could have gotten him in the 2nd or 3rd round but he’s not a bad player. I thought they reached on him.

Chapow

Reaction score
mikeak":4lu7lvad said:
Concerned with players feasting on inferior opponents. Which is what happens when you play for tcu. Hope I am wrong

Good players don't feast on inferior opponents?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Lots of Seahawks Twitter is pissed, so this might be a good pick.

Has double digit sacks to replace in his rookie year, though, unless we sign a vet.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":3n3a4ou5 said:
mikeak":3n3a4ou5 said:

Good players don't feast on inferior opponents?

TCU played a Big 12 Schedule and Ohio State this past season, am I missing something?

LTH

Reaction score
I can just hear it now the national media is going to say JS reached.... betcha! have we seen this before? i think so...

LTH68

getnasty

Reaction score
Man with all those WR available just grab the one you want and draft this kid later. Not excited about the pick but let's hope he pans out.

Reaction score
4.91 40 and 6 sacks.... reach. It's never good when the first thing the analyst says after your pick is "...well."

AgentDib

Reaction score
Very strong comparisons to Michael Bennett. High motor bull rusher who is good against the run and can play anywhere on the defensive line. 4.91 40 so not really a speed rusher.

knownone

Reaction score
Looks like his best fit is on the left side which means he's not exactly Franks replacement. It will be interesting to see if they look to add a speed rusher with our second rounder.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3a5vzv3u said:
They could have gotten him in the 2nd or 3rd round but he’s not a bad player. I thought they reached on him.

Doubt that is a sure thing with as many defensive linemen taken off the board.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They are NOT kidding when they talk about the "smart, tough, reliable" method of compiling the draft board. LJ Collier is the anti-McDowell. He's a smart, high-character player with a motor that does NOT quit. He's versatile, long, and plays with a strong bully mentality. His intangibles are ideal.

The criticism comes with his body and his value. He isn't a good athlete when it comes to the timed/measured stuff. Runs a 4.9, agility drills leave something to be desired. However, you can't teach length - his 34 inch arms make him a longer prospect than his 6'2" height would have you believe. He has an excellent punch and his swim move on the interior is worrying for guards he's going to line up over.

Overall, the pick is okay. I hated it when I heard it because I would've rather taken a safety or receiver, and I think he probably would've been there at 37. LJ Collier has a high floor - he needs to work on his body composition and add some muscle to maximize his potential and if he can unlock some athleticism, he'll probably live up to his draft spot. This is a move to replace Bennett, not Clark - I suspect they're looking for Jacob Martin to step up.

edogg23

Reaction score
They are dogging this pick so hard on KJR. It’s kind of making me depressed.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
mikeak":2cq2qhrz said:

Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Iowa State......boy feasting on the inferior for sure :lol: