Adopt a Rookie 2019

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Shoutout to JSeahawks, who did this thread last year but has retired from the board.

Who are you running with, through thick and thin?

I was going to go with Metcalf because he's already a fan favorite after those two videos, but everyone is going with him most likely, so I'm picking Collier. He's badly needed. And I love the guy's attitude.

LJ Collier, DE, Texas Christian
Marquise Blair, S, Utah
DK Metcalf, WR, Mississippi
Cody Barton, LB, Utah
Garry Jennings, WR
Phil Haynes, G, Wake Forest
Ugo Amadi, CB, Oregon
Ben-Burr Kiven, LB
Travis Homer, RB, Miami
Demarcus Christmas, DT, Florida State
John Ursua, WR, Hawaii

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
My adopt a rookie is Ben Burr-Kirven. I also want to re-adopt my choice from last year, Jamarco Jones since he did not get to play last year as a rookie. I am looking for him to have a good year and become the eventual starting Right Tackle.

Sonichellboy

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with Ursua, I like his story and I'm worried about ADB going forward.

Lithium

Reaction score
I adopt Blair. His aggression is beautiful to watch. I love this pick and this draft.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m going with the obvious one, DK Metcalf, for many reasons. I’ve been waiting forever for the Hawks to draft a receiver like this. He was also my prediction (and hope) for who we’d take in round 2, although I thought it was going be with our earlier 2nd round pick. The videos of him and Pete shirtless and him and Pete talking on the phone as the Hawks were about to draft him are both instant classics. And finally, Donkey Kong is probably my favorite classic arcade game of all time. It’s a sign!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmahon316

Reaction score
I'm really proud of this list of picks, so it makes it rather difficult to only choose one, but I'm going with Blair. I think with a solid year or two of experience combined with packing on muscle will do this guy wonders and will make him an even bigger force to be reckoned with.

toffee

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":2nxs7xqa said:
My adopt a rookie is Ben Burr-Kirven. I also want to re-adopt my choice from last year, Jamarco Jones since he did not get to play last year as a rookie. I am looking for him to have a good year and become the eventual starting Right Tackle.

Jamarco was my adopted rookie last season, and I am re-adopt him again, I am also adopting my fellow Rebel Metcalf.

Jamarco and Metcalf.

GLio14

Reaction score
I'm most excited for Metcalf, but he's an obvious choice. I'll go with Ursua. Seems like a great kid.

rossob

Reaction score
I adopt LJ Collier. I think he will have a solid impact year 1.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’ll take LJ simply because I love me some Frog Football.

My hope is that DK has the greatest impact, if he lives up to his potential, we’re in for a treat.

sutz

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3beof6a3 said:
Are UDFAs eligible for adoption?
Hell yes! This whole concept started as kind of an underdog cheering section, with peeps trying to pick a player who unexpectedly exceeds expectations and overcomes the odds. Used to be people didn't pick high draft picks for this, but WTH who needs rules.

So pick away!

:snack:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
sutz":1zpjena1 said:
Thepeelsessions":1zpjena1 said:
Hell yes! This whole concept started as kind of an underdog cheering section, with peeps trying to pick a player who unexpectedly exceeds expectations and overcomes the odds. Used to be people didn't pick high draft picks for this, but WTH who needs rules.

So pick away!

Demetrius Knox and Derrick Thomas are pretty interesting... even ss UDFAs

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
sutz":20r3rrmi said:
Thepeelsessions":20r3rrmi said:

So pick away!

Alrighty then! I need to double up.

Jazz Ferguson: I've been so high on him for so long, it just makes too much sense. He has the tools to be a legitimate outside WR in this league. I see a lot of Mike Evans in his game.

John Ursua: I'm usually not too keen on the smaller receiver types. Obviously Lockett and Doug are exceptions, but I'm making another exception for Usura. I have a feeling he will be a Hawk for a long, long time.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
My family's from South Dakota, so I'm going with the SDSU QB.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I'll take Ugo Amadi. Mostly because he's a Duck... also because he's the one guy I look at and say.... he doesn't fit the puzzle. Usually when PC and JS do that, there's a reason.