Projected 53-man Roster

HawkGA

Reaction score
For all the hard fought discussions/arguments during training camp, how likely is this to be 100% accurate? 95% accurate?

The one quibble I would have is with the offensive line. I think they keep Simmons, possibly at the expense of a tight end. Okay, a second quibble. I suspect there is an issue (or 2) somewhere between the DL and LB projection.

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2019/ ... rojection/

ivotuk

Reaction score
Good stuff, thanks for posting. My only "guess" would be that Christmas doesn't make it, and one of the UDFA run stoppers from Michigan, DT Bryan Mone or Eastern Washington, DT Jay-Tee Tiuli does.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I still think people are going to be annoyed by how much staying power Jaron Brown and David Moore all turn out to have. We're awash in post-draft justification/enthusiasm over our new receivers right now, and they seem to have enough attitude to legitimately compete. But none of those three vets performed horribly enough to justify an immediate cut, and Moore is still cheap. Mostly, they're soured upon because they had quiet Decembers/Januaries. (And remember, no WR not named Doug Baldwin or Tyler Lockett is ever going to have big flashy numbers here).

Yeah, there's a reason we went out and got three receivers, but veteran experience counts for something with this front office, too.

And, finally, there may be room for all of them. Lockett, Moore, Brown, Metcalf, Ursua, and Jennings getting the spot that I highly doubt Tre Madden gets. Given that a couple of those rookie WR's have good special teams potential, it's not a stretch to see the team carry six.

One thing Patton got wrong was tight end. They traded for Jacob Hollister, and I'm kinda high on him. He might displace either Vannett or Dickson.

I, too, see Simmons staying.

DL is (crap non-Ansah free agent DE signing who pisses us all off), Collier, Reed, Ford, Marsh, Green, Jones, Christmas, Q-Jeff.

Thompson and Calitro MIGHT make it, but these rookie defenders look nicely bug-eyed nuts in a way those two don't.

Jville

Reaction score
I suspect the article"s inclusion of FB Tre Madden is an outdated mistake. To my knowledge, he was not tendered an offer as a restricted free agent. He must have reverted to an unrestricted free agent by now. Tre Madden's name doesn't appear on dot coms roster or on the roster Jammer maintains for us.

The team has moved on as it doesn't appear that Tre Madden was considered for the 2019 roster.

sutz

Reaction score
Jville":3gwltx7j said:
I suspect the article"s inclusion of FB Tre Madden is an outdated mistake. To my knowledge, he was not tendered an offer as a restricted free agent. He must have reverted to an unrestricted free agent by now. Tre Madden's name doesn't appear on dot coms roster or on the roster Jammer maintains for us.

The team has moved on as it doesn't appear that Tre Madden was considered for the 2019 roster.
Yes.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... ree-agent/

He's FA now.

Seafan

Reaction score
sutz":1a98n5b1 said:
Jville":1a98n5b1 said:

Yes.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... ree-agent/

He's FA now.

Hawks signed UDFA Winston Dimel. He is regarded by some as the best FB prospect in the draft. Madden was fast but lacked blocking prowess. If someone can block, catch and cover on STs they have a chance to be the new FB.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Nice to see what we have on paper. I agree Procise is out and maybe even Griffen as that spot is loaded. I think our glaring need is at CB but not much we can do now to make it better.

Own The West

Reaction score
The one this article brings home to me is that our DL is a mess right now. I don’t think we can put together a decent starting unit, let alone a quality rotation. With possibly two rookies starting in the secondary again, I think we’re struggle out of the gate.

Fortunately, I’m glad we’ve taken steps to break through the log jams at LB, S, and WR. Hopefully the new guys show enough that we don’t have to keep playing journeyman vets that aren’t going to improve.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Time, patience & cap room. Sign a solid FA CB, DT & DE and I think we will be making a serious run at reclaiming the NFC west. The future looks bright moving forward, it's nice to think our first SB's won't be our last.

toffee

Reaction score
HawkGA":22rtecf8 said:
For all the hard fought discussions/arguments during training camp, how likely is this to be 100% accurate? 95% accurate?

The one quibble I would have is with the offensive line. I think they keep Simmons, possibly at the expense of a tight end. Okay, a second quibble. I suspect there is an issue (or 2) somewhere between the DL and LB projection.

Turf monster or not, Fant ran routes and caught pass, lol, he's a TE .... ok only when he's not playing tackle.

Zeearend

Reaction score
HawkGA":pfctrat3 said:

Thanks for posting. The article seems to give a good insight at the decisions to be made at every position.

DL is where I hope some FA signings will improve our strength. Seems much needed.