2005 NFC Championship game. Panthers @ Seahawks

Ruminator

Reaction score
Thanks for that. Wow -- Seattle was a totally different team then. Skyscraper QB, kick-ass OL, lots of intermediate passes, a pretty damn effective TE in Stevens at least for that game, and LOFA!

And for a second I was like, Oh yeah, Cam was probably in junior high school back then.

A real shame the refs kept this special club from winning XL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, in Section 126 Row FF seats 5 & 6 as always! That game WAS our Super Bowl. It was a fun night, after all those years and we were finally going to the Super Bowl. At least we didn't know about the disgusting injustice that would befall us two weeks later. That night was just about sheer joy and celebration.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Just a fun day all day. They even clowned the Panthers when they quadrupled covered Steve Smith with a linebacker just to say 'your offense sucks'.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Thank for posting. Great trip down memory lane. Made the trip down for both the playoff games that year. I still remember that comment by Buck about how loud it was when I got home the next day and watched it again on tv.

I just watched up to the Tatupu pick. What cause his career to flame out prematurely? Injuries? At the time I would have thought he would be our long term answer at MLB. Even in those 10 min, there was some major Steve Smith overkill going on with the broadcast.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Things that are a time shock after watching the game.

Almost no plays out of shotgun by either team.

Troy Aikman had only been out of football for four years.

Almost every formation had a fullback.

Seneca Wallace could have been a Julian Edelman type if he had committed to being a WR.

Peak Alexander was a joy to watch.

Oline smash!!!

Get rid of the helmet radios. Give guys like Lofa who were small but a student of the game a chance to dominate as he did.

It would be very hard to find an HD copy of the game but if it had been played in 2007 HD everywhere.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The loudest that stadium had ever been up to that day. It was unreal. My friend and I were so nervous, we walked from one end of the stadium to the other a couple times just to calm down. When Lofa got that pick, I had ZERO doubt that game was over. That early in the game you could tell the Panther's had zero shot of winning that game. They put a linebacker on the line to hit Steve Smith early, and basically double and triple teamed him all day. He truly was their only weapon.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
this game literally broke Jake Delhomme. Dude was never the same after this.

Maulbert

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":2sxvf5ll said:
Chukarhawk":2sxvf5ll said:

I remember our boys shutting down Steve Smith who was ON FIRE that year!

It was hilarious. Carolina had nothing else on offense. We put 3 guys on him and basically played 8 on 10 all game, and beat them by 20.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Maulbert":10f9g27x said:
RastaHawk12!":10f9g27x said:
Chukarhawk":10f9g27x said:

I remember our boys shutting down Steve Smith who was ON FIRE that year!

It was hilarious. Carolina had nothing else on offense. We put 3 guys on him and basically played 8 on 10 all game, and beat them by 20.

Yeah, they shut him down. The place was rocking! I remember S.Smith running off the field at the half holding up four fingers to reporters as if to say, "they got 4 on me!!!"

I was worried about the guy, because he was tearing it up all over the place that year! :shock:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Smith was pretty annoying but he was one hell of a football player. I loved how he played football.

drcool

Reaction score
That is easily my most favorite game I have attended. The stadium was as loud or louder than ever for 4 straight hours. The Hawks were in control most of the game so it was all celebration noise, not necessarily nervous noise. Crazy environment.

Vesuve

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1dlcd551 said:
Good times. WhooHooo! I was there! What a game!

[youtube]3q3agpc0nDo[/youtube]

Thanks, I watched the whole gale (again).

Time flies.. ..