Hercules in cleats??

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1124438251857633280[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1124436526501285888[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1124435687321755649[/tweet]

Maybe he really is Hercules in cleats.

If D.K. Metcalf is as good a football player as he was an impressive physical specimen on his first day as a Seahawks, he’s on his way to the Hall of Fame.

OK, it’s May. It’s day one of a no-pads, rookie minicamp in which the Seahawks weren’t even wearing pads, let alone hitting. The real games are still four months away.

But hyperbole was all the rage Friday at Seahawks headquarters.

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 14149.html

Jac

Reaction score
Reading the story (with even more videos embedded) has me more giddy than I was. I hadn't read that he was doing so much WR-craft training over the offseason.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Maybe DK booted his cone drill so he didn’t have to play for the browns or bengals?

djb28

Reaction score
Durante. His feet were a blur. He was the quickest.

jmahon316

Reaction score
djb28":10trisck said:

I noticed that along with the sideline awareness as well, getting those steps in before he went out of bounds. Going to look this guy up and see what his story is

toffee

Reaction score
jmahon316":1ddxjzp7 said:
djb28":1ddxjzp7 said:

I noticed that along with the sideline awareness as well, getting those steps in before he went out of bounds. Going to look this guy up and see what his story is

Dude may be more quick than fast, also real thin skin on bones and didn't have the oversized hands (8 3/4")

40 Yard Dash 4.55 SECONDS
Vertical Jump 31.5 INCHES
Broad Jump 120.0 INCHES
3 Cone Drill 7.0 SECONDS
20 Yd Shuttle 4.31 SECONDS

"He can run but those skinny guys have to have another level of fight in them because they get tested real quick up here. I don't see on tape at least. You have to be tough to deal with these 200 pound cornerbacks we have running around." - AFC receivers coach

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jovon-dur ... 0c12cf90fd

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sometimes your draft stock dropping so that you can end up on a great team is the best thing that could happen

toffee

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/i/status/1124440859531853824[/tweet]

jmahon316

Reaction score
One of the things I've been noticing in a lot of pictures is how Metcalf looks so genuinely happy to be in Seattle and that makes me like him even more. He WANTS to be here and he has a chip on his shoulder, I absolutely love when the Seahawks get players like that.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
On one hand, it's preseason hype.

On the other hand, that's usually much better than no preseason hype at all.

toffee

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1jujil1e said:
On one hand, it's preseason hype.

On the other hand, that's usually much better than no preseason hype at all.
this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozzy

Reaction score
I trust Jake on this one. He's been around enough to know what he's seeing.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Watching those linked videos of our receivers impressive feet I also noticed that DK was one of the few receivers to catch the ball cleanly. I know it’s just one film though.

TreeRon

Reaction score
One "expert" noted , after the Hawks, drafted him, that DK might be less flexible because he was muscle bound as he had a "body builders" build.
This reminded me of when I was a kid and basketball coaches discouraged players from lifting weights as it would make us less flexible. One look at modern NBA players and you know they are visiting the weight room regularly.

ivotuk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":37kdoa5x said:
Watching those linked videos of our receivers impressive feet I also noticed that DK was one of the few receivers to catch the ball cleanly. I know it’s just one film though.

I've noticed this in his videos also. He "snatches" the ball out of the air. Not quite with the authority of an OBJ r Crabtree, but he's almost there. I'm o expert, but I have noticed over the years, that grabbing the ball out of the air is one of the things that I've noticed is common among very good WRs.

ivotuk

Reaction score
jmahon316":2n15fo1g said:
One of the things I've been noticing in a lot of pictures is how Metcalf looks so genuinely happy to be in Seattle and that makes me like him even more. He WANTS to be here and he has a chip on his shoulder, I absolutely love when the Seahawks get players like that.

Saw this too. He posted that picture of Mt Rainer I think it was when he was inbound to Seattle "My new home!" :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not since Joey Galloway have I been this excited about a Seahawk receiver draft pick.

As others have stated the obvious, this is rookie camp with no hitting, so I will contain my excitement until I see how Metcalf measures up to the starters, and for that matter the better corners in the league...........but all the measurables are there (and some intangibles like work ethic and humility) for all of our excitement to come to fruition.

He looks special.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2db4zt8r said:
Not since Joey Galloway have I been this excited about a Seahawk receiver draft pick.

I'll be honest, I was this excited about both Koren Robinson and Jeremy Stevens.

My bad.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Chapow":1am2t664 said:
Sgt. Largent":1am2t664 said:

I'll be honest, I was this excited about both Koren Robinson and Jeremy Stevens.

My bad.

:lol: Who knew Jerramy STevens would be such a knucklehead and lose millions in order to smoke weed. Ridiculous rule, but still a rule.

Didn't Koren do well except for knee problems?