Last year as a Seahawk?

GLio14

Reaction score
This is a guy that the Hawks will NOT let leave. What he said was just a figure of speech so he has some extra motivation going into the season.

Let me ask you, do you think Russ would have been extended had he not given Schneider a deadline? I would have to lean no. I don't think Bobby will give the team a deadline, and I believe that it will have to be the Hawks initiating conversation here.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about Bobby. This team is built around him and Russ.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Cyrus12":fltykg68 said:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2834656-bobby-wagner-im-preparing-like-2019-will-be-my-final-season-with-seahawks

Let the back and forth begin....until he gets paid.

Interesting that he makes this statement.

He has to know part of the reason Clark is gone is due to the hawks wanting to find a way to keep him around.

Seattle has plenty of wiggle to keep Bobby if Bobby wants to be here. Interesting that he states that he wants to retire a hawk, but "understands its a buisiness"

Sure-but the only person that will keep Bobby from retiring a hawk is Bobby. He won't be a salary casualty.

So interesting that we get canned responses from him that dont really apply to his situation at all.

chris98251

Reaction score
He is his own agent, he is figuratively speaking and preparing in the event things don't work out on the business side, as a player he wants to be here.

People need to understand this position for the rest of the time he is pending being a F.A.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I really hate BR. Clickbait. :34853_doh:
Wagner is not going anywhere.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3onxzk6f said:

Usually I'd agree but the words came out of his mouth but I guess the headline is worse than the statement. Wagner will likely want to be the highest paid LB in football. I see no way that he leaves here.

Zeearend

Reaction score
Cyrus12":bvw48m8k said:
Seahwkgal":bvw48m8k said:

Usually I'd agree but the words came out of his mouth but I guess the headline is worse than the statement. Wagner will likely want to be the highest paid LB in football. I see no way that he leaves here.

I agree. No need to panic here. With the departure of Clark, there is now also cap space to make a deal.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Unlike Clark, Bobby is the best player in the NFL at his position. He thus deserves to be paid that way. Hawks will pony up.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":1oqsv4a4 said:
He is his own agent, he is figuratively speaking and preparing in the event things don't work out on the business side, as a player he wants to be here.

People need to understand this position for the rest of the time he is pending being a F.A.

I think we would understand his comment under different circumstances.

Seattle cleared space to keep him. He says he wants to retire a Seahawk.

So why say it? Everyone knows both sides are going to make a deal.

Feels like he felt like he had to say something (to "kick off" his last year before FA) just for the sake of saying something. Unecessary in my opinion.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
More hyperbole from BR, yet another reason to ignore the BS that comes from that site.

Wagner is his own agent though and this comment is likely a negotiation through the media ploy.

If there was just one other player on the team that was an absolute must re-sign it's Wagner. I like Reed too, but there will be some time needed to do his deal whereas the mrket has been set for Wagner. I suspect that after the team finds the DE they are going to sign the negotiations with Wagner will commence and end happily for all parties.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Sounds like he's going into the last year of his contract without getting all bent out of shape about it. A refreshing change from last year.

I'm not a fan of BR but they're just quoting what he said on TV.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
TreeRon":20wutq6g said:
Unlike Clark, Bobby is the best player in the NFL at his position. He thus deserves to be paid that way. Hawks will pony up.

I agree. There are two guys on this team that are irreplaceable -- Russ and Bobby. The way he has played the past few years, Bobby is headed to the HOF, and I see nothing slowing him down. HOF players come along very infrequently, and when you get them, you don't let them go. You pay them their $$$$.

hawks85

Reaction score
Bobby has stated he doesnt want to go anywhere else and wants to retire a Seahawk. He's gonna get that frank clark money. Per Wagner's Commercials here...Stop Freakin and call Beacon

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The league is full of players who are in the last year of their contract. But for some reason, when the Hawks have a player who is, the media must stir up drama. Yawn

ivotuk

Reaction score
Timing likely behind lack of contract talks for Bobby Wagner, Seahawks

BWagz:

“I want to retire a Seahawk, but I understand it’s a business,” Wagner told NFL Network’s Omar Ruiz Saturday. “I’m preparing like this is my last year as a Seahawk. If it is, I want to make sure I go out with a bang and make sure I give the city something to remember.”

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/640351/to ... -seahawks/

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Now that Clark's gone, the franchise tag is available again..........so there's absolutely no rush to extend Bobby right now.

Not saying it won't happen, but that gives the FO the entire year and up until the draft next year to get the extension done. I do think Pete and John want Bobby here long term, he's the #2 piece on this team right now behind Russell, and the leader of the defense, AND most importantly he's in his prime playing very well, and can for another 4-5 years.

But again, no need to rush negotiations.

Latest posts