The Futures so Bright

toffee

Reaction score
Largent80":31q2w2i7 said:
We gotta wear shades.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/640025/se ... 9-rookies/

Combine at least 10 picks next year with a HUGE cap and this team is in really good shape.

Tonnes of cap room and plentiful of draft picks are always good. We signed Wilson, if we could sign Wagner as well, have have the QBs on both sides locked. Team still got areas that needed improvement, but hey they made the wildcard last year and darn near moved to 2nd round of playoff. If 60% of this year's draftees could contribute, we have so much to look forward to.

For all the doubter of our team, just watch that smirk on Trent Dilfer's face:
[youtube]IMLR9xB04YM[/youtube]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think last year was really 2011 in that we are maybe a year away or two from being a legit contender , only difference Wilson over TJack put us in Play-Off competition, this year is more like 2012, imo with a similar no-nonsense tough-nosed, hard-working draft class most with something to prove.

However this class compared the 2012 one seems to have more plug and play players, with specific roles, that 2012 class brought in guys like Toomer and Sweezy who were project players. Irvin as well was a project much like DJ Metcalf is... Phenomenal athlete. 1 known elite skill with a lot of hard work to put in to develop into an all-around player. Irvin was able to improve each year and he came into the league at 25 years old. Lane, Wagner, and Turbin came from smaller schools.

It’s possible the Seahawks can develop their Bennett and Avril with Collier and Martin, respectively, but if you get 8-10 of these draft picks to stick plus a few Udfa’s with solid contribution. All of sudden you have draft picks at your disposal to trade up or trade away for a player.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
toffee":2vnh4df4 said:
Largent80":2vnh4df4 said:
We gotta wear shades.

Combine at least 10 picks next year with a HUGE cap and this team is in really good shape.

Tonnes of cap room and plentiful of draft picks are always good. We signed Wilson, if we could sign Wagner as well, have have the QBs on both sides locked. Team still got areas that needed improvement, but hey they made the wildcard last year and darn near moved to 2nd round of playoff. If 60% of this year's draftees could contribute, we have so much to look forward to.

Leave it to an average QB to explain how Seattle whiffed the draft by not taking an average QB. :34853_doh:

sdog1981

Reaction score
Had to go back and look at it. The 2011 draft was extremely top heavy for the NFL as a whole all franchise impact players were gone by the 15th pick.

That draft was pretty dang good one for the Hawks. Sherman, KJ, Malcolm Smith, and Carpenter.

toffee

Reaction score
sdog1981":2shcu1ga said:
Had to go back and look at it. The 2011 draft was extremely top heavy for the NFL as a whole all franchise impact players were gone by the 15th pick.

That draft was pretty dang good one for the Hawks. Sherman, KJ, Malcolm Smith, and Carpenter.

pretty darn good indeed, those four guys, a HOF, a pro-bowl, a super bowl MVP, and a starter for multiple teams. come to think of it, I wouldn't call it pretty darn good. I will call it awesome.

toffee

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":lbhkjn8k said:
toffee":lbhkjn8k said:
Largent80":lbhkjn8k said:
We gotta wear shades.

Leave it to an average QB to explain how Seattle whiffed the draft by not taking an average QB. :34853_doh:

Am I glad that we have Pete and John running the show, not Dilfer.

olyfan63

Reaction score
IIRC, Trent Dilfer was the only Super-Bowl-winning QB EVER to be cut by his team the following season.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Well in retrospect Dalton over Carpenter wouldn't have been a bad swap. Purely as draft value. But then again it would have probably stopped us from drafting Wilson, so I'm glad we went with Carp.

But the 2010-2012 drafts were largely panned and were perhaps the best run of drafts in modern history.

Haven't hit that success rate since but I'm hoping the last 2 drafts will get us closer to that kind of haul. Don't see it yet but the guys are still young. I didn't realize the 2010-2012 drafts were awesome until midway through 2012.

toffee

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2okjb4kg said:
Well in retrospect Dalton over Carpenter wouldn't have been a bad swap. Purely as draft value. But then again it would have probably stopped us from drafting Wilson, so I'm glad we went with Carp.

But the 2010-2012 drafts were largely panned and were perhaps the best run of drafts in modern history.

Haven't hit that success rate since but I'm hoping the last 2 drafts will get us closer to that kind of haul. Don't see it yet but the guys are still young. I didn't realize the 2010-2012 drafts were awesome until midway through 2012.

Over that period, Pete and John took lots of ridicules for their picks, luckily Paul Allen stood behind Pete and John. Only thing Allen said to John immediately after the Russell Wilson pick was : “you picked the short guy?”.

I am guessing the so call national experts love to hate the Hawks because Pete and John often proved that they are idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Last year I never thought we would make a run because of depth problems at multiple positions! If we remain consistent on the offensive line remain relatively injury free yes I agree the future does look bright. Still think we R a year off of being truly contenders for the Super Bowl! Still the off season tho if we can get a couple of de and this draft class pans out anything could happen tho! We r going to be in one of the better divisions in the nfl so if we come out on top of our division we got a good shot!

Ozzy

Reaction score
To be fair to Dilfer it was pretty much a consensus opinion at the time and he's had fun talking about how wrong he was since then. But its still fun to watch it.