Chris Carson Video

toffee

Reaction score
With Wilson, Carson, and Lockett, we are pretty good at skill position. If Penny, Dissly, and Metcalf can play at the same level as those three, we are loaded at skill position.

Either we were very lucky or Pete/John knew what they were doing in picking Carson for he is very special.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Amazing how "Lucky" the FO is with their late picks.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, plenty of people have convinced themselves that all the great picks have been pure luck. And the picks that didn't pan out...…..all because they suck in the draft :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2y6cmy8s said:

Kinda why I (usually) try to cut them slack when they miss early. Even though that can be tough to bite the tongue on, overall, the big picture....they still are solid.

Accidental post with my glasses off, sorry sent you a pm

What the hell is that colored section? Somebody edited my post and added that??!! :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, to be honest I WANT them to trade out of the first round every year. Much better in rounds 2-7, especially 3rd and on......

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":7mkz0ktu said:
jammerhawk":7mkz0ktu said:

Kinda why I (usually) try to cut them slack when they miss early. Even though that can be tough to bite the tongue on, overall, the big picture....they still are solid.

What the hell is that colored section? Somebody edited my post and added that??!! :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:

It was me that screwed up and accidently posted with my glasses off, after hitting the edit button. Sorry to Seymour didn't mean to concern him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2na8r3m2 said:
Shoot, to be honest I WANT them to trade out of the first round every year. Much better in rounds 2-7, especially 3rd and on......

Generally I agree but there is a reason for this.

The thing is the team has been picking late in almost every draft since JS has been here as a consequence of being successful and the true round one candidates run out usually after pick #15 in first round and there is little choose between pick # 16 to pick # 47 or thereabouts depending upon the draft. For them then the smart move is to identify the players you like in that range and trade down acquiring more picks and take one of the players identified by you that you like from the above. This year with the top DE edge candidates all being grabbed early the team needed to pick Collier at pick #29 or risk losing any edge early rusher or especially one they wanted.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Carson is the perfect RB for Seattle's brand of physical football. RB's like him make watching football so exciting. Glad they got him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
On NFL.com they rank Carson in the 4th tier of running backs. That’s a significant underrate for Carson.

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1tkxx7xr said:
Seymour":1tkxx7xr said:
jammerhawk":1tkxx7xr said:

It was me that screwed up and accidently posted with my glasses off, after hitting the edit button. Sorry to Seymour didn't mean to concern him.

No worries, it was an accident. Just please don't drive without them!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seymour":z19xhtk0 said:
jammerhawk":z19xhtk0 said:

I swear Pete and John just use the first round to troll the rest of the NFL and all the draft experts.

But probably its more about putting chips on everyone's shoulders. Draft guys early and tell them "everyone thinks you are a reach and a poor choice. Go and prove them wrong" Then you draft guys later that thought they should have gone earlier and tell them, "You think you should have gone higher? Prove everyone wrong."

cheese22

Reaction score
I love guys like Carson for the fact that they prove how subjective and inexact scouting is. Having been friends with an ex-major league scout, i have heard stories about how differently scouting is now. They never used to have a guys 40 time, or vertical, or any other measurable. It was about having an eye for players, especially in places not known for having big-time talent. Chris Carson apparently is one of those guys.