Best play of the Pete Carroll era (2010-2018)

Which play was better?

• 1. Beastquake

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • 2. The Tip

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • 3. Hit on D. Thomas Super Bowl 48

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Wilson/Kearse Packers NFC Championship

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 5. Bostick

• 6. Fail Mary

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 7. Sherman Pick-Six in Houston

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 8. Other (Please Explain)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuffaloHawk

Reaction score
It’s the off-season. It's May. I figure this would be fun to pass the time before training camp hits

This is as simple as can be- what has been the best play of the Pete Carroll era of Seahawk football? Looking at my list, I must say- we truly have been blessed the last 9 years. Obviously, we all have our favorites, and 2-3 may stand out as opposed to others, but we have a long list of key plays in key moments to look back on. I figured I would make this list as small as possible (extending out to 32 plays may be a little excessive).

Voting can be based on...well anything. That's what comments are for!

*****Edit******

Instead of doing a tournament style bracket, I’ll just leave this up with a poll. I put the first 8 they came to my head.

My personal opinion- Beast Mode has to be #1. It’s what launched the new “attitude” this team has now, and got rid of that soft image they had for decades.

JPatera76

Reaction score
The botched Snap at the start of the SB against Denver... it set the tone and pace

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Both very good plays, but Wilson's scramble in Minny gets my vote. Wilson outrunning 5 defenders, finding Lockett and converting on 3rd down, was spectacular, the only way it could have been better is if Lockett had gotten to the end zone. He was so close!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Beastquake was the most epic play I have ever witnessed and may be looked at one day as the best run of all time. However, the magnificence and what was at stake for The Tip has to make it the best play of Pete's tenure here so far.

Seymour

Reaction score
Aros":t37w8krj said:
Beastquake was the most epic play I have ever witnessed and may be looked at one day as the best run of all time. However, the magnificence and what was at stake for The Tip has to make it the best play of Pete's tenure here so far.

This.....Exactly!.

Almost pulled the trigger on Beastquake because the excitement lasted many seconds and the crowd was insane....but the tip is what helped bring us a title, and the best to me means most important. :irishdrinkers:

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I was at the Clink for both Beastquake #1 and "The Tip", both were TRULY amazing, BUT;

The Tip meant so much more to the entire Seahawk everything, (and it happened right in front of my section for a priceless memory), the Team, the 12's, anything Hawk related, that "The Tip" got my vote.

We got to the SB and handed Mr. John Elway and team a bitch slapping he/they will never forget.

I can't wait for some more memories.

GO HAWKS!!!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Fail Mary solely for how salty it made everyone who wasn't a Seahawks fan. It's like the most recent NFC Championship game....those of us who have watched football for decades can understand why calls gets missed.

justafan

Reaction score
So many big plays that made the SB years happen I cant pick one. Without the big Kearse catch against Carolina,the pick and Houston comeback,the TB comeback we might have had to play down in Carolina or SF and alot of those plays may not have happened.

For just because. I pick Beastquake.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I’d like to nominate that time Kam stole Vernon Davis’s soul and created the LOB.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
brimsalabim":29edjg0k said:
I’d like to nominate that time Kam stole Vernon Davis’s soul and created the LOB.

Beautiful addition. Absolutely glorious.