Seahawks Top 10 Offense?

Where do you rank the Seahawks offensively at the moment?

• Top 5

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 6-10

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Between 10-15

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • 15 or lower

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A list came out on NFL.com about the Top 10 offenses. Seattle is nowhere to be found. Personally I have us between 6 and 8 offensively just on run game dominance alone (#1 last year). Oh, and some bum named Wilson too. Where do you rank us offensively at the moment?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... t-of-bunch

sutz

Reaction score
WAG, yes, but I agree... somewhere 6-10 or so.

Chapow

Reaction score
What's the criteria? Are we using yards per game? Points per game? DVOA? Something else?

Last season we were 18th in yards per game, but 6th in points per game, and ranked 9th by offensive DVOA.

I think we could see something similar this year where we are top ten in points per game, but not even in the top half of the league in yards per game.

sdog1981

Reaction score
As Wilson and the offense matures with the new play caller the team will only get better. I worry about Chris Carson and how much of a pounding he can take.

The counter question is: "What is an effective Seahawks offense?"

To me I want this team to be ruthlessly efficient, top 10 in both 3rd down conversions and red zone TDs. If that only gets the team to 15th in total yards but 12 wins and a home playoff game, sign me up.

John63

Reaction score
so the informaiton used was "Advanced metrics, traditional statistics and game-film observations agree" so in other words opinion was the biggest factor which means wow factor

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":2s16hd1l said:
As Wilson and the offense matures with the new play caller the team will only get better. I worry about Chris Carson and how much of a pounding he can take.

The counter question is: "What is an effective Seahawks offense?"

To me I want this team to be ruthlessly efficient, top 10 in both 3rd down conversions and red zone TDs. If that only gets the team to 15th in total yards but 12 wins and a home playoff game, sign me up.
The problem with your criteria is we often score from outside the red zone on opportunistic plays, Wilson being one of the best in the league with the long ball, and Lockett providing Wilson with a perfect passer rating when thrown to. Add Metcalf as another homerun threat and they could put a significant dent in the number of red-zone opportunities we have.

It's all about that toxic differential, boss.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's all about skewing the numbers to fit an argument.

Fantasy football and analytics, two things that you have to throw in the garbage and burn.

Use your eyes and you know a good offense and if it produces what you want given types, time, length of a possession and success by killing clock, scoring 3 or 7 and keeping another offense off the field.