Hawks sign FB Nick Bellore & G Marcus Martin

truehawksfan

Reaction score
FieldGulls reported these signings.

Bellore is known for his ST play and Martin player for Solari when he was Oline coach w/The Niners.

It’s also stated Martin played the majority of snaps at C.

OP
OP
T

truehawksfan

Reaction score
BTW, Matrtins a big dude. 6-3 330lbs. Definitely fits into Solari’s profile of a big guard.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
truehawksfan":bj12hj5s said:
BTW, Matrtins a big dude. 6-3 330lbs. Definitely fits into Solari’s profile of a big guard.

With Simmons, Iupati and Fluker being IR/PUP risk, I like having contingencies

AgentDib

Reaction score
For those who don't remember, Marcus Martin was the subject of Chip Kelly's terrific lollipop-PFF rant.

Reporter: Do you not put much stock in (PFF grades)?

Kelly: “No, I mean I’ve said it all along, how can they grade an offensive lineman when they don’t know what the play is? I’ve had it before, our left tackle gave up a sack. He didn’t give up a sack because the guy slanted in the ‘B’ gap. The guard had ‘B’ gap and that’s not the left tackle’s responsibility, but it’s written down as a sack on the left tackle because you don’t know what play was called. We called slide protection. We didn’t call man protection. If someone can look at a film and figure out what we call for a play and know what our scheme is and then give a guy a grade on it, I think there’s a lot of players and coaches that feel the same way. I don’t know. You can do whatever you want with it. It’s like me going into a bank and grading a teller because they gave me a lollipop. I gave them a 94.3.”

Reporter: I’d go 100-percent.

Kelly: “I mean, it depends on what lollipop. It was purple and I wanted red, but they did give you a lollipop. But, I didn’t know they weren’t allowed to give purple out that day. So, if I did know that I probably would have given them a higher grade, but I didn’t know the information going in.”

sc85sis

Reaction score
Marcus was a good player at USC as a guard for 2 years and then C his third year. He was a freshman All-American and then was 1st team All-Pac-12 his last year. He's had some injury history. Played under Solari in SF. Probably just a depth signing.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Nick Bellore, 2011 UDFA Jets, played LB/special teams first 6 seasons in NFL before converted to FB by Lions in 2017.
Marcus Martin, strong competition for Hunt, Pocic... C/G versatility, plug & play.