Hawks terminate Baldwin and Chancellor contracts...

cheese22

Reaction score
Almost surreal seeing that headline. Even knowing it could happen, it's still hard to believe.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Wow, sad for Doug. Wish the best for both Doug and Kam going forward!

kidhawk

Reaction score
Not surprised about the releases, but I did think they might soften the blow by waiting until June to make the cuts.

Both great players. Loved their work ethic and their tenacity on the field. Both players were so much fun to watch and they both left it all on the field and for that I will always be grateful they made their names in a Seahawks uniform.

Heyseed

Reaction score
Great Seahawks that left everything on the field on game-day

Seymour

Reaction score
Well there it is. Not many SB champs left on this team . 3 I think? Anyway, we will have many options to bring in new blood next year.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
:? I was still hoping Baldwin would work his way back from the injuries and give it one more go...... guess not.

Dang, this team is turning over fast.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Feels like the team is doing the right thing here, and w/respect to a couple flat out Hawks Legends. Really sad, but not a surprise. Sounds like w/him being able to keep signing bonus etc. they are doing him a favor. I suspect many people will somehow turn this in to some front office bash job, even though this was inevitable.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":uety5ogu said:
Well there it is. Not many SB champs left on this team . 3 I think? Anyway, we will have many options to bring in new blood next year.

Wilson, Wagner and Wright I think?

truehawksfan

Reaction score
Holy crap!!! We knew this could happen, but still...

We got talent but not a lot experience....think JS will sign a vet WR? Gotta think so!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
kidhawk":2e9bb7ar said:
Not surprised about the releases, but I did think they might soften the blow by waiting until June to make the cuts.

If I remember correctly you can cut someone before June 2nd and still designate them a post June 2nd cut.

If they do take it on to the current league year I do like the idea of having a clean cap for next season.

I imagine this is a precurser to another move whether it's Suh (meh) or getting more serious about resigning Wagner or Reed I am glad our FO is remaining active.

Seymour

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":4ylw46b5 said:
Seymour":4ylw46b5 said:

Yep.....the 3 Dubs..... :cry:

DJrmb

Reaction score
Seymour":ea8j8nxw said:
Hollandhawk":ea8j8nxw said:
Seymour":ea8j8nxw said:

If we're only talking about Seahawks SB, yes. Mychal Kendricks also is a SB champion though.

Seymour

Reaction score
DJrmb":194rvtlt said:
Seymour":194rvtlt said:
Hollandhawk":194rvtlt said:
Seymour":194rvtlt said:

If we're only talking about Seahawks SB, yes. Mychal Kendricks also is a SB champion though.

That's the only one that matters in my book.

Fair chance that goes to 4 if they bring Kearse back.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":20rdyk85 said:
Feels like the team is doing the right thing here, and w/respect to a couple flat out Hawks Legends. Really sad, but not a surprise. Sounds like w/him being able to keep signing bonus etc. they are doing him a favor. I suspect many people will somehow turn this in to some front office bash job, even though this was inevitable.

Yep. NFL twitter is full of morons talking about how the Hawks did both players "dirty"

James in PA

Reaction score
Sad, sad news. Both are Seahawks LEGENDS!

Thank you for everything, Kam & Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk