Feel better today about things moving forward

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I haven’t felt this good about the team moving forward since the 2012 season. While people mourn the loss of Baldwin I look at it as turning the page.

Trading Clark, drafting DK Metcalf, signing Ansah, and cutting Baldwin all have me really excited for what’s to come.

chris98251

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1yvwf4xf said:
I haven’t felt this good about the team moving forward since the 2012 season. While people mourn the loss of Baldwin I look at it as turning the page.

Trading Clark, drafting DK Metcalf, signing Ansah, and cutting Baldwin all have me really excited for what’s to come.

Yeah shows your true demeanor being happy a player like Baldwin is cut after everything he has done here.

Drink the whole Case yourself in celebration.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
chris98251":3inagj6r said:
ImTheScientist":3inagj6r said:

Yeah shows your true demeanor being happy a player like Baldwin is cut after everything he has done here.

Drink the whole Case yourself in celebration.

Everyone’s career comes to an end. When teams hold onto players too long the team becomes stagnant. What do you think the Patriots constantly do? Doug was great Seahawk but he won’t be in 2019, and his season last year was injury filled. Is what it is. All these moves are encouraging for the future of the team.

I’m going to go back to watching DK Metcalf highlights and avoid your attempted troll of me.

Go Hawks!!

Rat

Reaction score
Metcalf's ceiling this year is probably like 35 catches (not that he's a Doug replacement anyway), so it would have been nice to have had a guy like Doug for at least another year, but whatever, can't do anything about it now. It's a violent sport, and our offensive security blanket is its most recent victim.

Some good things going, some gambles to be taken, it'll be fun at least.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wonder if Doug signs somewhere else? I could see the Patriots wanting him for another super bowl.

stang233

Reaction score
The fact that the hawks opted to release him and pay him rather then let him retire and pay the franchise back means if he wants to play again it will be in a hawks uni.

toffee

Reaction score
stang233":1w7l79y2 said:
The fact that the hawks opted to release him and pay him rather then let him retire and pay the franchise back means if he wants to play again it will be in a hawks uni.

This!!!

Being cut or release sounded real harsh and cold blood to some fans, in reality, it's a negotiated process and agreed by both sides.

toffee

Reaction score
Feeling even better knowing our cap space and draft picks for 2020.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3ryydcxw said:

I completely understand and agree what you are saying, I have no idea why you got a chippy response from that guy.

We all love Doug to pieces, but with his injury issue, it was never going to be old Doug anyway. Sometimes its better just to honor him, remember him, and move on rather than drag it out (on both sides really)

Excited for the future for sure!

mrt144

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2c5bjn9d said:
ImTheScientist":2c5bjn9d said:

I completely understand and agree what you are saying, I have no idea why you got a chippy response from that guy.

We all love Doug to pieces, but with his injury issue, it was never going to be old Doug anyway. Sometimes its better just to honor him, remember him, and move on rather than drag it out (on both sides really)

Track record.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure there's an either or here. I am very excited about our prospects moving forward, while at the same time, I can mourn the ending of a great career (in this case 2 careers). Loved both of these guys we released, but injuries necessitated the moves, and the team we are building in the process has me very excited for the year to come. We are always competitive under John and Pete, and this year really seems like a huge step up from last year's playoff team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":1o8gty5x said:
Feeling even better knowing our cap space and draft picks for 2020.

This for me.

To me this is a two step process in getting the playmakers and quality depth. Step one was this draft, and next step is next year's draft.

I hope we kick ass this year, but IMO after next year's draft with all our picks and cap space in 2020 is REALLY when I see us seriously contending again to get back to a SB.

toffee

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1wbxgwbe said:
ImTheScientist":1wbxgwbe said:

Lousy analogy but to me it's like your mom passed away the same day as your wife gave birth to your daughter. To celebrate the coming of baby does not take away your love, sorrow, and memory of passing.

In football, team management could not afford to live in the past.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Our GM has done a brilliant job this offseason and it's still early so the needed deals will have time to be made with Reed and especially Wagner.

I'm genuinely pumped by the draft picks and players added, but truly bummed by the losses of Baldwin and Chancellor even though we knew Chancellor was done.

Life goes on though and there are some truly interesting roster additions here now with possibly more to come with the cap liberty the team has now regained.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkpower":43wauk55 said:
ImTheScientist":43wauk55 said:

That guy has seen this guy make claims and statements that are trollish in nature for years. Don't be the guy.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1m14bgi5 said:
Hawkpower":1m14bgi5 said:
ImTheScientist":1m14bgi5 said:

That guy has seen this guy make claims and statements that are trollish in nature for years. Don't be the guy.
This guy along with the guy understands some guys are still digesting Seahawks football
without a couple standout franchise players..
All of us guys want our team to do great no matter what happens.

Hyak

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1j7pegrw said:
Our GM has done a brilliant job this offseason and it's still early so the needed deals will have time to be made with Reed and especially Wagner.

I'm genuinely pumped by the draft picks and players added, but truly bummed by the losses of Baldwin and Chancellor even though we knew Chancellor was done.

Life goes on though and there are some truly interesting roster additions here now with possibly more to come with the cap liberty the team has now regained.

I think John and Pete have been rejuvenated and found their way again. I actually think they have learned from what NE has done too. Accumulate picks, coach them up, and avoid having too many players making top tier money and trying to run the place.

Rat

Reaction score
JTB":3g0dxlnw said:
jammerhawk":3g0dxlnw said:

I think John and Pete have been rejuvenated and found their way again. I actually think they have learned from what NE has done too. Accumulate picks, coach them up, and avoid having too many players making top tier money and trying to run the place.

It's the same thing they've been doing for nearly a decade, with mixed results. It just seems different and more exciting right now because we're still in that post-draft afterglow. Happens every year. Hopefully this ends up being one of the better ones.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Love Kam, love Doug, but if it means that by moving on they can walk and enjoy life in 10, 15, 20 years from now....I'm more for that...It is a little exciting to start over a bit....but they deserve good lives and health after all the great momnets they gave us!

Seafan

Reaction score
If there were any chance he could play again he'd be here. No doubt this was Doug's decision and it wasn't unexpected. When they drafted three WRs the writing was on the wall.