2020 Comp picks

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2z15uzbw said:
And here's another with more detail from overthecap.com.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-dra ... ion-chart/

By my count, the team will have a total of 10 draft picks in 2020, pending, of course, any future trades.

We have our original 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks. And the 2nd from the Frank Clark trade (the lesser of the KC or SF picks, likely the KC pick). Plus the comp picks in the 3rd, the 4th, and the 6th and 7th rounds.

Thus far, we have traded away our original 6th and 7th round picks for the right to draft WR John Ursua this year (with Jacksonville), and for TE Jacob Hollister (with NE), respectively. The latter is a conditional pick, terms not specified.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Pretty funny that for years the NFL said boo about the comp pick formulas -- and a few ALT media types put a lot of effort into trying to figure it out and did a pretty good job. Now the NFL's media arm is reporting it like it's no big deal.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":98682o7y said:
onanygivensunday":98682o7y said:

By my count, the team will have a total of 10 draft picks in 2020, pending, of course, any future trades.

We have our original 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round picks. And the 2nd from the Frank Clark trade (the lesser of the KC or SF picks, likely the KC pick). Plus the comp picks in the 3rd, the 4th, and the 6th and 7th rounds.

Thus far, we have traded away our original 6th and 7th round picks for the right to draft WR John Ursua this year (with Jacksonville), and for TE Jacob Hollister (with NE), respectively. The latter is a conditional pick, terms not specified.

I thought the team only traded away their 6th round native pick but gave up a 7th comp pick in the trade with NE.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1aixqtdj said:
onanygivensunday":1aixqtdj said:
onanygivensunday":1aixqtdj said:

I thought the team only traded away their 6th round native pick but gave up a 7th comp pick in the trade with NE.
No, the 7th we traded next year to NE for Hollister is our own native pick, not a comp pick. Comp picks can't be traded until they become officially announced, which won't be until after next season. Comp picks are only projections until then.

rjdriver

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1j2jl4ng said:
onanygivensunday":1j2jl4ng said:

Thanks for the post. For some reason, I thought we received the better of the second round pick. I probably heard it reported wrong when it first happened. I have a feeling the KC pick might be the 30-32nd pick of the second round unfortunately.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
rjdriver":3owzyx0a said:
Thanks for the post. For some reason, I thought we received the better of the second round pick. I probably heard it reported wrong when it first happened. I have a feeling the KC pick might be the 30-32nd pick of the second round unfortunately.
We'll have to make sure they pick before us at #31, then.