A letter to my younger self

Hass2Carlson

Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and go to Twitter to read Baldwin’s letter to a younger self, very well done. I’d try and link from here but it’s multiple posts .

hawkpride

Reaction score
That there my friends is the thoughts and writing of a true blue caring person. Will be wearing my Baldwin jersey with pride (along with Kam's and Marshawn's), unlike others who have left for one reason or another with spite in their mouths.

Reaction score
As a GOT fan, my favorite tweet from that bunch was this one:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/1127772711827136512[/tweet]

Totally bittersweet - but what a great way to sign off.......

I hope he is able to find a home within the organization, but we'll see.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":1h2vwdi7 said:
As a GOT fan, my favorite tweet from that bunch was this one:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DougBaldwinJr/status/1127772711827136512[/tweet]

Totally bittersweet - but what a great way to sign off.......

I hope he is able to find a home within the organization, but we'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in politics someday.

knownone

Reaction score
I like Doug. I appreciate everything he's done as a Seahawk, and I have no issues with him expressing himself as an individual while retiring in a way unique to him. This stuff never resonates with me.

He's 30 years old. He's made millions of dollars. He claims praise from fans is good for the ego bad for character, yet he retires in a way that seeks to extol virtue from his fans. Good for him.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Doug's such a competitor.
Now that he is a free agent he will likely going to heal up and keep himself in shape. Watch for midseason WR injuries, joining contenders or possibly reuniting with Luck. Like Sherm, I doubt Baldwin comes back.to Seattle on a discount.

AVL

Reaction score
No one does a gif of him crapping in an end zone celebration on ultimate prime time. For me, that was his signature moment.

Good play trumps all and he did a geat job of moving on.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I was listening to 710’s morning show podcast for the day after it was announced that Kam and Doug had been cut. They had a good set of clips from throughout Doug’s career that really showed how he’s grown and matured from ADB to a very thoughtful man and leader. Yes, the episode with the ball in the Super Bowl was dumb. That doesn’t define him. He’s a very good man.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
"Dear younger self...........
You will be on the ultimate football stage of SB 49 representing your team and city. You will score a TD and resort to making a fool of yourself and your team/city."

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Dang I didn't know Doug was from Gulf Breeze. My father was stationed there when I was 5. A tornado hit our apartments in the early morning hours. We got out with little but our lives. Gulf Breeze and Pensacola took care of us though.