Your Top 5 Seahawks Non-Divisional Rivals

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Man, the off-season sucks between mini-camp and training camp!

Anyways, just purely your personal opinions, what are your top 5 non-divisional Seahawks "rivals/rivalries."

These are mine!

Honorable mention:

Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Houston Texans

5. Dallas Cowboys

From the Romo years and the "botched" snap, Seattle and Dallas has played in some good "meaningful" playoff games! I love the Seahawks/Cowboys series! And apparently it makes it even better since there are a good amount of Dallas fans living in the NW! My co-worker is a Cowboys fan originally from Texas so its fun to go back and forth with her trash talking!

4. Carolina Panthers

The Panthers games have been pretty brutal! A lot of nail biters (recently)! Including the NFC Championship game with them (ish)! Carolina has always been a tough opponent for Seattle! I always enjoy this series! Also fun to see the wars with Cam Newton!

3. New Orleans Saints

These New Orleans wars are always damn entertaining! From "Beast Quake" to "Who's Jimmy?!!" ala Bruce Irvin to Jimmy Graham. This series has had some damn good football and very memorable games!

2. Green Bay Packers

The Green Bay series are pretty much "Must See TV!"

From "We want the ball and we're gonna score!" (Seattle would later (years later) get their revenge) to "Fail Mary," to the season opener in which Aaron Rodgers did not make a single throw to Sherman's side, to the comeback, NFC Championship game! I'm convince Green Bay has not been the same since the Seahawks came back and beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game!

1. New England Patriots

From the "You Mad Bro, game! (I'm convinced this is when Seattle became a "premier" team! And of course, The SuperBowl with the Patriots is an all-time classic! Doesn't matter for "should of's" or "could of's" that SuperBowl is an all-time classic! Even a year later, the Sunday Night Football game was a war! I'm convinced Earl Thomas permanently "broke" Rob Gronkowski (one of the all-time great TEs) and he was never the same! Russell Wilson vs The "GOAT" (yes, he is the GOAT, just acknowledge the truth) Tom Brady NEVER disappoints! New England vs Seattle are "MUST SEE TV!!!"

acer1240

Reaction score
I think it's Green Bay. There has been an edge there ever since Holmgren rebuilt us.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - They entered the NFL the same year as the Seahawks. They are conjoined in nfl history with the Seahawks.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers - Super Bowl 40. Enough said.
3. New York Giants - some memorable games between these teams.
2. New England Patriots - Super Bowl 49. The bad taste on how that ended still lingers.
1. Green Bay Packers - Lots of cross pollination among the teams from Ted Thompson to Mike Holmgren to John Schneider.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cowboys, Packers, Panthers, Patriots and Vikings.

Steelers had nothing to do with SBXL*. That was all refs and the Hawks not bringing their A game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Going forward we don't have the player history we had before so I am going to go off who will be the biggest problem that could set off a Rivalry.

Cowboys, Vikings, Eagles, Panthers and Chargers.

Patriots are not a Rival as much as a road block.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
5. Broncos. Still some bad blood from the divisional days. Plus their fan base is still sour grapes when it comes to 43-8.
4. Panthers. We seem to play them every year lately.
3. Falcons. We've lost to them in the playoffs twice in the last seven years, and the regular season match ups are fun.
2. Vikings. These games are usually close defensive battles. Plus the Hutchinson poison pill fiasco. Never forget!
1. Packers. Can't stand Rodgers. They cant stand us. Excellent rivalry.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Pretty tough to limit it to 5.

#5) Falcons. Their president was chairman of the competition committee when they were caught broadcasting artificial noise into their stadium. They only lost a 5th round pick for it somehow. Meanwhile we've lost a couple of times in Atlanta.

#4) Cowboys. Front runner fans who jumped onto "America's Team" but don't know much about football. Annoying owner and players who tend to be divas. Last time I was in Dallas I saw a guy with a Tony Romo jersey who cleverly used duct tape across the top of the R to make it say Homo.

#3) Vikings. Poison pill contract completely in violation of the spirit of the transition tag and they got away with it. I don't particularly care about any current Vikings personnel but this occurred immediately after the Wilf brothers took ownership. As long as they still own the team I'll enjoy seeing Vikings losses on game days.

#2) Broncos. John Elway sucks and Largent vs. Harden is all that needs to be said here.

#1) Steelers. Not because of the team management per say, but the fan base is insufferable (Justin Bieber) and they've collected plenty of players over the years with garbage personalities. The NFL even made a rule specifically addressing Hines Ward, who was also labeled the dirtiest player in the NFL several times. Also, those throwback bumblebee jerseys are the worst thing in sports and their coach once tried to trip a player on the field during an actual play and somehow got off with a minor slap on the wrist.

HawkerD

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":lcgdsljg said:
Man, the off-season sucks between mini-camp and training camp!

Anyways, just purely your personal opinions, what are your top 5 non-divisional Seahawks "rivals/rivalries."

These are mine!

Honorable mention:

Minnesota Vikings
Atlanta Falcons
Houston Texans

5. Dallas Cowboys

From the Romo years and the "botched" snap, Seattle and Dallas has played in some good "meaningful" playoff games! I love the Seahawks/Cowboys series! And apparently it makes it even better since there are a good amount of Dallas fans living in the NW! My co-worker is a Cowboys fan originally from Texas so its fun to go back and forth with her trash talking!

4. Carolina Panthers

The Panthers games have been pretty brutal! A lot of nail biters (recently)! Including the NFC Championship game with them (ish)! Carolina has always been a tough opponent for Seattle! I always enjoy this series! Also fun to see the wars with Cam Newton!

3. New Orleans Saints

These New Orleans wars are always damn entertaining! From "Beast Quake" to "Who's Jimmy?!!" ala Bruce Irvin to Jimmy Graham. This series has had some damn good football and very memorable games!

2. Green Bay Packers

The Green Bay series are pretty much "Must See TV!"

From "We want the ball and we're gonna score!" (Seattle would later (years later) get their revenge) to "Fail Mary," to the season opener in which Aaron Rodgers did not make a single throw to Sherman's side, to the comeback, NFC Championship game! I'm convince Green Bay has not been the same since the Seahawks came back and beat the Packers in the NFC Championship game!

1. New England Patriots

From the "You Mad Bro, game! (I'm convinced this is when Seattle became a "premier" team! And of course, The SuperBowl with the Patriots is an all-time classic! Doesn't matter for "should of's" or "could of's" that SuperBowl is an all-time classic! Even a year later, the Sunday Night Football game was a war! I'm convinced Earl Thomas permanently "broke" Rob Gronkowski (one of the all-time great TEs) and he was never the same! Russell Wilson vs The "GOAT" (yes, he is the GOAT, just acknowledge the truth) Tom Brady NEVER disappoints! New England vs Seattle are "MUST SEE TV!!!"

This pretty much sums it up for me. I could swap out saints and falcons but thats a nitpick

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
AgentDib":1cpomnbo said:
............ their coach once tried to trip a player on the field during an actual play and somehow got off with a minor slap on the wrist.

Because their owner at the time Dan Rooney (since deceased) was the TRUE commissioner of the NFL. Puppet Rog was just taking orders from him. If people had been paying attention, there were many more subtle but still obvious examples of Pissburgh getting breaks, especially scheduling, during that time period. It has since waned after Rooney's death If you watch careful you will still see plenty of examples of that franchise getting preferential treatment from the league.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You had me until your #1 of the Patriots.

The word "rival" means a two way street, and I can guarantee you no one inside or outside of the Patriot's organization thinks the Hawks are their rival..........nor should we, even if we lost the SB to them.

But I totally agree with your others, and I'd list them in order of;

1. Packers
2. Panthers
3. Cowboys
4. Vikings
5. Falcons

And I wouldn't even include the Falcons, but you made me pick 5. Not enough recent history, and we haven't played them even half as much as we've played the other teams on my list.