John Clayton’s observations from the Seahawks’ first open OT

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Clayton’s observations from the Seahawks’ first open OTA practice

By John Clayton
May 21, 2019 at 11:48 pm

• Running back Chris Carson is out a couple of weeks recovering from a knee procedure. Rashaad Penny worked as the starter and had a couple of nice runs. What really was impressive was the speed and elusiveness from passing-down backs Homer Jones, a sixth-round choice, and J.D. McKissic. That should be a great training camp battle.

• Tyler Lockett got some work in the slot but he worked just about every spot at wide receiver. With the retirement of Doug Baldwin, Lockett gave the look of a player ready to be considered a No. 1 receiver.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/646667/jo ... -ota-2019/

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Why do these players wait so long to get procedures done? :229031_banghead:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
C.J. Prosise was injured when Clayton pressed the Submit button.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1e5jvjal said:
Why do these players wait so long to get procedures done? :229031_banghead:

All Pete said was Carson "had a little work done on his knee in the off season."

So do we know when it was done? I don't think it was last week, I think this is something that was done months ago and Pete's just being cautious. No reason to rush any vet back from surgery in May.

Jville

Reaction score
Last year, the news of Tyler Lockett's contract extension on August 29, 2018 came as a great relief.

This year, the news of Doug Baldwin's retirement further reinforced the wisdom of Tyler Lockett's 2018 contract extension.

I really enjoy watching our front office work.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2gx4dued said:
"Homer Jones"?

I think Clayton means Travis Homer... lol.

LOL! I saw that too! John's getting old and he's using that wrong name all the time now, it's hilarious. I think it's fun to listen to because I know who he's talking about.

One of my favorites "drops" they use on 710 is John Clayton trying to talk while coughing up a lung. :D

toffee

Reaction score
ivotuk":3ag2wcs7 said:
FlyingGreg":3ag2wcs7 said:
"Homer Jones"?

LOL! I saw that too! John's getting old and he's using that wrong name all the time now, it's hilarious. I think it's fun to listen to because I know who he's talking about.

One of my favorites "drops" they use on 710 is John Clayton trying to talk while coughing up a lung. :D

Clayton also has lots of names to remember, it was a slip, could have happen to all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bloodkingg

Reaction score
toffee":197mis4h said:
ivotuk":197mis4h said:
FlyingGreg":197mis4h said:
"Homer Jones"?

Clayton also has lots of names to remember, it was a slip, could have happen to all of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reminder, John.

knownone

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":12f0a5qx said:
"Homer Jones"?

I fixed it for Clayton's sake.
What really was impressive was the speed and elusiveness from passing-down backs Homer Jones, a 78 year-old two time pro bowler

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":39q2odqr said:
"Homer Jones"?

I noticed he made that same mistake on the radio right after we drafted him.. kinda weird lol

olyfan63

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":4rp7icqz said:
knownone":4rp7icqz said:
FlyingGreg":4rp7icqz said:
"Homer Jones"?

I fixed it for Clayton's sake.
What really was impressive was the speed and elusiveness from passing-down backs Homer Jones, a 78 year-old two time pro bowler

Haha - nice. Runs the forty in 13.5.

OMG, this is getting out of hand post-draft.
Anyway, as I pointed out in the Poona thread, Poona Ford is a lock for Canton. Iron sharpens iron, run-stuffing Poona battling it out to stop Homer Jones day in and day out in practice. Both will be all-pro this year. Can't believe Homer Jones fell to us in the draft!! What luck! Amazing 40 time, but does anyone know Homer's Wonderlic? And will he need special accommodations like hearing aids? Maybe a special Depends (R) insert pocket in his uniform pants?