‘The Sea Gals’ are now ‘The Seahawks Dancers’

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/tslauson/status/1135681692964872192[/tweet]

“We are excited to unveil our new dance team for the 2019 season! For decades the Sea Gals have been an integral part of the Seahawks organization on and off the field. As we continually look to evolve our gameday entertainment, our dance program will now be known as “The Seahawks Dancers.” We look forward to showcasing many different types of dance styles as the team hits the field this fall. We are excited for fans to see what we’ve been working on!”

-Courtney Moore, Director, Seahawks Dancers

The Breh

Reaction score
That mean we got dude dancers in our future ?
Let me take a seat :snack:

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
It’s still the same dance team, but for the first time, men are on the squad.

The team made the announcement on Monday along with a first look at the 2019 dance team, which includes 30 women and eight men.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Lol.... lame. I’m sorry for our children and their future children.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody realizes this, but the World is all about ME! And I do NOT like male dancers. Expect game attendance to go down.

Although, I will be interested to see how the integrate the sexes.

I'd really like to see them incorporate some move like on Lorn',s Acid Rain video. It's very unique and cool.

rcaido

Reaction score
Was never impress with those old ass cheerleaders anyway, i want to see some dudes do crazy stuff w/ them pom poms :irishdrinkers:

12HawkFan

Reaction score
Five years from now this will be filed right next to the elimination of paper game tickets as nothing more than a cost cutting exercise.

NFL cheerleaders have been horribly non or underpaid for decades and that was going to change very soon due some pending legal issues nationwide and would end up costing the NFL teams plenty,. so by doing this and ending up with poor support to keep them going due to poor public ratings or whatever, they will have a reason to dump them all and save some $$$ in the process.

It's all about the mighty dollar, always has been, always will be with billionaires.

I may be wrong, but that's my .02

GO HAWKS!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
Non PC to call them Sea Gals, also the Seahawks were one of the teams in the lawsuit filed against underpayment, even with that they were one of the best paid.

This is about legality and PC. Like Server instead of Waitress and Waiter.

mikeak

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":20ldonf6 said:
Lol.... lame. I’m sorry for our children and their future children.

Yes because guys dancing will be the end of our society.....

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
God life is weird these days.

seabowl

Reaction score
In order for McDowell to keep his sign on bonus he joined the cheerleading squad and they had to change the name.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I guess someone forgot to tell them that no one cares about the dancing part of their role. Drunk guys just want to have some pretty girls to look at.
It’s always been a sex appeal thing. It’s not a college pep squad.

But,hey, Yay “inclusion”. Now we get rid of a clever pun for a generic dance team name. Pretty soon it will be called “The Seahawks sponsored group of cis and trans gendered women and men who dance”

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I used to have a friend and casual girlfriend that was a Seahawk Dancer. I like the name better than Sea Gal anyway.

They underpay these girls significantly. Sure they 'get' to travel, but they also have to be available for these trips (like to Iraq as a for instance).

These girls bust their tails. If you knew the amount of hours in practice time, and then contrasted to the hours they get paid for? (Not sure about now but they only got paid for game time then, not practice).

I know a lot of the girls love a lot about what they do, but the way they are treated is ridiculous. Because I know all the work they put in, I try to be a supporter. But I also think it is BS, especially when they use them for what is essentially ticket sales but never compensate them nearly enough for that.

This is probably something that will eventually go away as was pointed out in this thread. Not sure how much cost they are cutting when they do it, since they barely spend anything on it and get all this near free labor but it is probably for the best.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The use of "gal" on the cheerleader name has always been lame due to the lame and awkward aspects of it. It's essentially a 50's or 60's slang term that went out, and even when this team was founded it was late in the game. And that was 40 years ago.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2vpp3y8v said:
The use of "gal" on the cheerleader name has always been lame due to the lame and awkward aspects of it. It's essentially a 50's or 60's slang term that went out, and even when this team was founded it was late in the game. And that was 40 years ago.

Cheerleading in general is an antiquated thing, so not sure why changing the name makes it less antiquated.

If we're REALLY striving for being respectful and conscious of female equality, then get rid of cheerleaders all together. Because the entire thing is absurd and antiquated............"let's wear barely any clothes with our legs and boobs hanging out, get all dolled up and do provocative dances in front of kids and drunk dudes."

So yeah, no more Seagals, THAT'S the problem. LOL.

Seymour

Reaction score
bmorepunk":15exxobv said:

All words are based on very old terms and ideas. The name Seagal is also a spoof or wordplay of the bird Seagull in case anyone didn't realize it. People should just get over the hyper sensitivity IMO.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The cheerleaders are payed commensurate with the revenue they generate.

If they ceased to exist tomorrow, the number of ticket sales wouldn't change one iota. What do they bring in in merchandise sales?

Sure, there is always "that guy." One or two folks might not buy a ticket, but there are plenty of folks in line to buy that ticket.

Even the hot dog vendor is worth more than the cheerleaders. If all hot dog vendors ceased to exist, the team would lose revenue on hot dog sales.

I like ogling the cheerleaders just as much as the next CIS-HET male, but I wouldn't pay more for a ticket just to see them. Plenty of clubs to go to, after the game, for that.