Shaquille self-grades 2018 as D, D+

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Heard that yesterday, loved hearing a guy being critical of his own play. Too often we hear guys tell you how great they are.

Vaclav44

Reaction score
I always like to hear good self-critical assessments from players. Sounds like he's got his head screwed on right and is ready to take the next step at a critical position of importance. It does show a level of growing maturity and self-awareness that is tough to teach to young guys.

mrt144

Reaction score

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Heard the interview, I liked his answer..........he wants to just get back to playing sound mistake free defense, and not get caught up in interceptions and making plays.

IMO that's how all players, but especially DB's get into trouble. They fixate on picks and start getting into bad technique habits and get out of position.

All things Griffin had issues with last year. Here's to hoping he has a bounce back year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Switching to a new position - and having to replace one of the best ever at the position - is no small feat. I am not worried about him...I think he has his head on straight and will make the appropriate adjustments moving forward.

toffee

Reaction score
Owned it like a man, I like that, a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":3ioo5b50 said:

Like I said in the other 6 or 7 threads the adjustments take a bit of time, he recognizes that and if you see there is a problem you can work on it, he knows there is a issue and it will be a lot better this year.

Largent80

Reaction score
chris98251":2pllq0ab said:
toffee":2pllq0ab said:

Like I said in the other 6 or 7 threads the adjustments take a bit of time, he recognizes that and if you see there is a problem you can work on it, he knows there is a issue and it will be a lot better this year.

NO. There are zero guarantees. The logic says he will be better. But right NOW he isn't better and there is no way to say he IS better.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He had several things going against him last year. Early foot injury, switching positions, diminished safety support, and plus this bad mindset. He could have a great year in 2019.

He just needs to remember that one sign that he's succeeding at his job will be the QB getting pressured more often.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/1136744716114907146[/tweet]

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3rk4d71f said:
Heard that yesterday, loved hearing a guy being critical of his own play. Too often we hear guys tell you how great they are.
He said that if he doesn't get hard on himself, then he isn't owning his mistakes, and that he's guilty of overthinking last season & trying to make plays that just weren't there. (trying to live up to Richard Sherman's play)
I believe he'll get his shit straight this year, changing sides of the field to protect, just isn't as simple as some folks think.
Not even Richard Sherman could transition like that in one season without some crap plays hapnin'.