Running Back Rashaad Penny OTA Press Conference 6/6/19

Jville

Reaction score
[youtube]lbAVn2yXrrg[/youtube]

Seahawks.com link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/video/rashaad-penny-2019-otas-press-conference[/urltargetblank]

chris98251

Reaction score
Can we trust Faulk not to leak the playbook to the Rams or anyone else for that matter?

“Just the little things,” Penny said when asked what Faulk taught him. “I send him the playbook and he shows me what to look for. We watch like videos on Facetime. I’m just trying to learn the dynamics of being more of a pro.”

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
chris98251":22pimo84 said:
Can we trust Faulk not to leak the playbook to the Rams or anyone else for that matter?

“Just the little things,” Penny said when asked what Faulk taught him. “I send him the playbook and he shows me what to look for. We watch like videos on Facetime. I’m just trying to learn the dynamics of being more of a pro.”

Man, it would be pretty low of him to do a fellow SDSU RB dirty like that.

chris98251

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":2ba3p44u said:
chris98251":2ba3p44u said:

Man, it would be pretty low of him to do a fellow SDSU RB dirty like that.

Yeah but he spent more time in a Rams Uniform and he does not like the Seahawks.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1k2od3c8 said:

Wondering what teams do about protecting their playbooks?

Largent80

Reaction score
I'm certain he isn't "sending him the playbook"....Unless he wants to ride pine for the rest of his career.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3lnq7k8x said:
Penny is taking Carson's job this season. :irishdrinkers:

I rather suspect that Carson will have something to say about that happening. Still having two strong RBs is a great thing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems he has been branded as a bust or something after one year. I'm pretty excited to see what he can do as well. Hoping he proves a lot of people wrong.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm sure we all want him to be an exceptional RB.

Carson certainly is no slouch though and his physical style encourages the OLine to knock the snot out of opposing Lines.

if Penny can bring that too the team is is in good shape going forward with the RBs.

Largent80

Reaction score
Look what Penney did in his very limited time and after the injury and lack of practice. Dude is going off this year.

quadsas

Reaction score
Largent80":4348o5fi said:
Look what Penney did in his very limited time and after the injury and lack of practice. Dude is going off this year.

he did...nothing? he had a couple runs (and they only happened cause he lacked vision to get the guaranteed 4-5 yards). As far as I am concerned, he's trash, but I'd be more than happy if he proved me wrong this year. Carson is lightyears ahead of him in almost every category

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Always look on the dark side of life.

Holy negativity!

quadsas

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2ttxi63u said:
Always look on the dark side of life.

Holy negativity!

If you have me in mind, I am looking at Carson and I am looking at Penny. Comparing the two, Penny is trash. He looks like slightly faster Rawls post-injury. Can they beat some toughness into him, I sure hope so. But they better not take away carries from Carson just because they want to play Penny. We started off 0-2 cause Pete played vastly inferior running back.

toffee

Reaction score
Nothing to with running the football. Just basing on this presser, Penny ain't a good presser giver, he looked either bored or intimidated, with limited communication skill that went with awkward body language. Marshawn didn't like talking but when he did talk, it was always insightful and intriguing.

Being a good communicator isn't in the job description of a RB. I do hope that he will develop skill to run straight up between the tackles.

toffee

Reaction score
Largent80":32tyyw25 said:
I'm certain he isn't "sending him the playbook"....Unless he wants to ride pine for the rest of his career.

A pretty big deal according to this ESPN article about the Vikings and their playbook:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/preview07/news ... id=2973338
+++
In the NFL, the playbook is a sacred hardbound diary of trust. It's an accumulation of decades' worth of knowledge, tweaked and perfected, sectioned off by scribbles and colored tabs. It's the first thing the fresh meat get when preseason workouts start in the spring and the last thing that is pried from a player's sweaty mitts when The Turk arrives and utters those dreaded 11 words.

"He laid it down (after he sat down on the potty), and they snatched it," said Michael Bennett, a former Vikings running back who is now with the Chiefs. "He got up and took off running after those guys with his pants down."
+++

Teams are serious about how to protect their playbooks on ipad:
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dig ... ars-061213

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1 ... _strategy/

https://www.quora.com/How-do-NFL-teams- ... strategies

quadsas

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1dpx1art said:
Penny is trash? You can already tell this?? :roll:

Youre right, we should wait until he's retired. How many years did it take for you to realise youre attracted to your wife? These 'we should wait' takes are insanely stupid. Is he trash now? Yes.

ivotuk

Reaction score
quadsas":x6fmnsq4 said:
SoulfishHawk":x6fmnsq4 said:
Penny is trash? You can already tell this?? :roll:

Youre right, we should wait until he's retired. How many years did it take for you to realise youre attracted to your wife? These 'we should wait' takes are insanely stupid. Is he trash now? Yes.

4.9 yards per rush...

It’s terrific that Penny is doing all this. But before you judge Penny’s first season too harshly, let’s look back at Alexander’s rookie campaign. The man who would run for 1880 yards in one season started his career slowly.

Alexander played in all 16 games in 2000 but had just one start. He had 64 carries for 313 yards (4.9 yard average) and two touchdowns. He added five catches for 41 yards. Total scores: two. Total yards: 354. Those numbers don’t exactly scream first-round pick, do they? Yet Alexander ran for over 9,000 yards after his rookie year.

https://12thmanrising.com/2019/06/07/se ... ason-help/