Silly Philly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
So I guess any "franchise" QB deserves to be the highest paid player in the league. SMH. Wilson couldn't even make it to preseason being the top dog. Nothing against Wentz, or even Philly, I could just name a handful of QB's who've proven to be better than him, and have been more available to their team.

I'm just curious, are the days of paying QB's what they're actually worth over? That's probably a stupid question, it was pretty evident after SF gave Jimmy G his contract. Hide your wallet Jerry Jones.

Side note: Wentz' deal ($32 million) is not as much in annual value as Wilson's ($35 million), but includes more guaranteed money. ($66 million to Wilson's $61.5 million)

knownone

Reaction score
Russell's contract pays him 3M more per year than Wentz.

OP
OP
12AngryHawks

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
knownone":1e0x3yer said:
Russell's contract pays him 3M more per year than Wentz.

I made sure to clarify, because some websites are failing to mention exactly how Wentz is being paid more than Wilson. NFL.com broke it down better.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
So we obviously got a bargain. Russell is always relatively healthy and proven. Wentz is a good QB when healthy and he hasn't been. Russ is worth more than Wentz by any stretch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He gets MORE of a guarantee than Russ. And, his contract could be a max of 144 Mil. Now I'll wait to see if people call him selfish and/or say he's killing the team etc. I doubt it will happen though.
Seems like a lot of $ for a guy who has been injured as much as Wentz. He's a damn good QB though. Oh well, more power to the guy, if someone is willing to pay it you take it.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wentz is about as durable as CJ Procise....okay maybe not as bad but lots of injuries. He also apparently isnt the best teammate in the world as several reports were out there some would rather have kept Foles around. In a couple years the deal with Wilson will look good compared to what others are going to get.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, same thing happened last time. Russ got too much blah blah blah. A couple years later it looked like a bargain. Shoot, Mahomes will likely get 40 mil a year. Just surprised they paid 107 mil guaranteed (if that's all accurate) to that guy. Wow.

xray

Reaction score
At the end of the season the only numbers that really matter are the win / loss numbers. The " salary contests " going on in the NFL are meaningless without winning numbers to go with them. GO HAWKS

Status
Not open for further replies.