Happy Birthday, Radish!!

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Although we've had many 'hearts' of .Net, Aros, Rockhawk, Anguish, and now Wenhawk & TDhawk, but we've only had one 'soul' of .Net, and that was the great Radish.

So happy birthday, Les, where ever you are. :irishdrinkers:

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I really miss that old fart. The board has not been the same. Not even close.

acer1240

Reaction score
Heart stings have been pulled.

I only met him 3 times but every time I was at his house I was trying to steal his Amber calendar.

Old fart caught me every time.

I hope Darlene is well.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Les, and a shout out to Hawk Ribeye. Fallen brothers, but never forgotten.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pithy Radish and Cheinell we will never see your like again, and thank you for being a part of all this wonderful Family. I know your watching and reading !

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Damn good guy and friend sorely missed. I am still so thrilled he got to finally see his Seahawks win it all, and wow, what a game to witness before moving on to his next adventure!

And did I miss something about Ribeye? Did he pass?? He was such a class act.

Largent80

Reaction score
I remember Ribeye saying he had to leave years ago due to business stuff.

I remember hearing about Les the morning we were heading to the "hot" game in SD. It was kind of a precursor to the outcome of the game. I partied with him many times, shared a LOT of drag racing stories with him over the years.

Totally missed and an example for many on here that need to class up.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Les' spirit will always be here. "Hippy Birdy" (his saying to posters here, which was hardly ever missed if you posted you birthdate on your profile) to him; wherever I hope he is enjoying his kickapoo joy juice (dangerous stuff that). He is missed!

He was an interesting character, great guy, and straight up a funny guy to be around. I only met him once at at .net bash hosted by Aros at Belltown Billiards attended by SeaGal leader Amber who was beautiful and gracious and seemed to be enjoying hanging out with us .Net dweebs. I was sure Les was smitten with Amber as were all the rest of us. She even posted here a bit afterwards.

Has anyone checked in on Darlene recently? She tolerated Les' obsession with .Net and she was a gracious hostess and part of many socials held back in the old days of this place at their home during TC. I hope she is well too!

Les was known as The Radish at the end ,but was always Pithy Radish, Les, or Sir to those of us who had dealings with him. He was a tough but fair moderator who was a real Sheriff around here in the days when there were a few wild and crazy guys who posted a lot of rubbish that he corrected. You knew you were in deep water without a paddle when you got the 'Check your PMs' message notification.

Largent80

Reaction score
He used to acknowledge everyones birthday here. Nobody does that anymore. This place has ...
iu

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally agree with the comment as the friendly supervision of Les, and his desire to make people feel at home here by remembering birthdays and other special moments. It made folks feel they were part of a real and special community, which we are.

We are all fans of the Seahawks or at least of football here and as such we should avoid making comments which attack or could be construed as an attack of another poster. For sure there are personal things that arise between sometime friends here but in the end we all owe a duty to each other to be civil and polite. I disagree the place is becoming disgusting at all, but there needs to be a sober reflection by us all to avoid ad hominem remarks or intentionally unfriendly comments. After all it is possible to disagree without being disagreeable. We all should have learned that lesson from Les.

In the end the place is what what we all make it. We all need to work at making it a better place.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The thread isnt about you. Keep it about Les, then, and not about your personal opinions on .net or it's posters.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
LymonHawk":3h8aw03g said:
Although we've had many 'hearts' of .Net, Aros, Rockhawk, Anguish, and now Wenhawk & TDhawk, but we've only had one 'soul' of .Net, and that was the great Radish.

So happy birthday, Les, where ever you are. :irishdrinkers:
Bingo, well said.
When they made that man they threw away the mold.
A genuinely great man.

Jville

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Les,

Thanks for your legacy and everlasting memories.