CJ Prosise injured on final day of minicamp

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You can't make this stuff up.

I wouldn't be surprised if he remains on the roster. I swear he has compromising photos of Pete.

Chapow

Reaction score
I kind of feel like this is just some sort of a bizarre never ending running joke at this point.

And I don't get it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Chapow":momuaup8 said:
I kind of feel like this is just some sort of a bizarre never ending running joke at this point.

I'm right there with you.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I remember people comparing him to Harvin when he was drafted, so this is all pretty fitting.

James in PA

Reaction score
It’s just gotten way past the point of jokes or sarcastic comments anymore. This guy will never, ever be dependable. I’m so ready for him to give false hope to another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sutz

Reaction score
Ahhh, six more weeks of hot yoga, followed by the PUP list.

:34853_doh:

(normally, I'm not much for calling anyone 'injury prone' but DAMN)

AgentDib

Reaction score
Jokes aside, a tight hamstring on the final day isn't a big deal with the upcoming six week break. That being said, this training camp looks like his final shot and he'll need to be healthy for it. His upside and rookie contract (900k cap hit) have kept him around until now but with his contract expiring and a crowded backfield that will no longer be enough.

Due to his injury history Prosise is in that bubble area where if he makes the squad it will probably be as a 5th (extra) back, so his competition is really against the bubble players at all positions like Ursua, Christmas, Shaquem, Roos, Hill, etc.

Seymour

Reaction score
Interesting. "I felt something" when I stepped out of bed this morning. It may have been the floor...not sure but I'll be sure to jump right into rehab. just in case.

Maxresdefault

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wow...the team must be running out of band aids for this guy. Is his dad or something on the board of directors? Trying to figure out why he hasn't been cut? Oh ya he had one good game vs the Patriots 4 years ago....

Largent80

Reaction score
What's next?...

Moderator edit: When I see PG13, I think of small impressionable children on line watching every word and behavior.

chris98251

Reaction score
Remember this was just OTA's we have not even had any real contact yet.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1gsm13ev said:
Well, contact probably wouldn't cause a hammy problem, anyway. ;)

chris98251

Reaction score
sutz":qdsiefr1 said:
chris98251":qdsiefr1 said:

Not argueing that but if no contact and he has had a few days of practice and pulls up lame today just imagine trying to compete with contact, McKissic and the new kid from Miami are there and he now has two to beat for a roster spot as a third down guy.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":12e8f7o6 said:
sutz":12e8f7o6 said:
chris98251":12e8f7o6 said:

Not argueing that but if no contact and he has had a few days of practice and pulls up lame today just imagine trying to compete with contact, McKissic and the new kid from Miami are there and he now has two to beat for a roster spot as a third down guy.

I actually agree. Def should be on the bubble. Maybe he gets hurt because it's harder to cut an injured player. :stirthepot:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
NFL=Not for long
CJ Prosise is the poster child for this.
He's been done for some years now.

razor150

Reaction score
Not really his fault, he seems to try and do the work to not get injured. Sad to see a promising players young career derail because their body can't take the beating.

olyfan63

Reaction score
OK, so this is a hamstring instead of one of those mysterious "abdominal injury" things.
That could mean that his abdominal area is no longer the limiting factor and now he actually CAN run, but it's been so long since he really RAN that his sprinter muscles are not balanced up properly yet.

Grasping at straws, perhaps. Some people's bodies just can't hold up to the demands of the game. There are people whose muscles are stronger than their connective tissues, and vice-versa. One leads to injured connective tissues, the other leads to injured muscles.

It seems from the injury reports that Prosise has a couple related injuries that keep getting reinjured or else the next link in the biomechanical chain gets injured.

I still think there are some things the 'Hawks are keeping mum about relative to his ongoing injuries.
His "Fractured Shoulder Scapula" injury has always seemed mysterious to me. That one takes a helluva lot of force to cause, like an auto accident. Anyone ever seen the play that is purported to have caused it, or was it a practice injury?

Interesting that the fractured scapula closely followed a broken hand injury, (within a couple months) which almost suggests that the scapula was a football injury, it may have been related to CJ trying to protect his hand during contact and getting into an awkward position leading to the scapula injury.

I just don't see any point in dogging the guy, as a human being and elite athlete who is no doubt doing his best to work through all these injuries.

With 6 weeks to recover from a pulled hammie, he should still have a shot to make the team. Damn it's hard to keep a glass-half-full mindset on this guy and his injuries though.