Travis Homer RB

xray

Reaction score
He's a Miami Hurricane product that won't be 21 years old until August. 5'10" 200lbs. ...he finds and hits open holes quickly. He doesn't mind contact and in fact enjoys punishing defenders at the end of his runs, He could compete for a 3rd down back spot ; but will make the roster as a ST player at least. Check him out on youtube. He's worth a look. IMO

[youtube]7fJHWyMNAjc[/youtube]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Needs to be kept over McKissic for sure, IMO. You know who McKissic is. A backup of a backup at skill positions who's value comes from the return game where he's nothing special at that either and also has no upside.

Health will likely dictate what happens though, but McKissic has barely been better in that dept than Prosise.

Jville

Reaction score
“Run to daylight” back who excels as an outside runner with clear paths to follow. While he can make tacklers miss, his lack of vision sometimes takes him to trafficked areas when optimal routes are available. He’s a little undersized, but runs big and he already possesses NFL-level toughness in pass protection. Homer has his flaws, but he’s a smooth athlete with a chance to outplay his draft slotting. His value as a punt gunner and third-down option gives him a chance for early reps right out of the gate.

Link to source >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.stateoftheu.com/2019/4/21/18508882/2019-miami-hurricanes-football-2019nfl-draft-evaluation-profile-rb-travis-homer[/urltargetblank]

Reaction score
Sometimes it looks like He blast out of the hole like a cannon shot him off! He has some power literlally running over lb"s almost double his size! Pretty good hands too. He definiitely is a intriguing prospect. I think he lacks that true breakaway speed that will enable him too take it to the house. If he had in his possession that extra gear I think he could of score more td's. Looks like he got chased down on a couple of those runs when he should of taken it to the house. Also on some of the runs it looks like He zigged when he should of zagged. Overall I'm intrigued and look forward to seeing what he can do against nfl competition. I'm excited over this rookie class that I think the front office did a hell of a job with hardly any picks into some players that look like they may fill out this team depth problems that plagued us last year.He might be the one that finally causes Mr Glass to loose his roster spot? Allowing him to get picked up by another team and going from Mr. Glass to the Man of steel. I can't wait and look forward on seeing how some of these roster spots sort them selves out?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Reminds me a lot of Thomas Rawls.
Or a less powerful version of Chris Carson.

Looks like a nice pickup. Toughness, smarts, hits the hole quickly, uses blockers well. I see him being a special teams standout and being able to fill in very capably when a starter is out. He can run inside very capably, a great ability to have for a Seahawks RB in this offense.

Slightly different skill set than McKissic and Prosise; this will be an interesting competition. May the best man win...

I still think this is the year Prosise stays healthy 12 games or more and justifies Pete's decision to keep him around. If Homer had Prosise's downfield speed, to not get caught by the speedy weakside defender on his way to the house, that would be special.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Did you see the closing speed of that db Bryce Hall? That was impressive.

No way the FO missed that when reviewing Homer's tape.

The Breh

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1kqm2jve said:

I wanted to know Homer's 40 time based solely on that play.
That dude either has elite speed or Homer doesn't have the juice downfield like that.
Despite what I liked from that video, that one play was a sore thumb.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
The Breh":2kzczhg2 said:
UK_Seahawk":2kzczhg2 said:

That dude either has elite speed or Homer doesn't have the juice downfield like that.
In that play Homer had run through some traffic and broke a tackle and had carried the ball close to 80 yards when he got caught. I will take that effort all day long. Homer has plenty of speed ; just not elite speed. That DB had the perfect angle and obviously fresher legs at that point of the play. Most the RBs in the league wouldn't have scored on that play. IMO

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Good speed, not elite. To me that looked like he started to run out of gas when he got to the sideline. Might have had a big workload that game. I've certainly had games like that...might have to peel yourself off the ground after a long run on a long day and get your ass back to the huddle, but it is what it is. Coach was laughing at me one time when I got caught at the 1 yard line, "What happened to the wheels? Lolololol."

chris98251

Reaction score
Most running backs loose wind or their legs after 35 to 40 yards, that's not what they do. How many runs are greater then that during the season? If he can crank off a 40 yard run at good speed chances are he grinds out the rest unless it's 90 yards to our end zone. Many get that clear run and start to lag around 60 yards and you see the defense start to close on them as they lose that wind.

WR's on the other hand should be able to pull away and keep that distance.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":3656z2hf said:
Most running backs loose wind or their legs after 35 to 40 yards, that's not what they do. How many runs are greater then that during the season? If he can crank off a 40 yard run at good speed chances are he grinds out the rest unless it's 90 yards to our end zone. Many get that clear run and start to lag around 60 yards and you see the defense start to close on them as they lose that wind.

Energy expended from cutting and breaking tackles is far, far greater than running in a straight line. See a RB shot out of the LOS with minimal need for variance vs one that breaks through of their own efforts. The difference is night and day. It has nothing to do with skill position. It's energy output and endurance of the individual athlete.

WRs also lose gas when adjusting to a ball, regaining balance etc. You see that even with Metcalf. Also depends on stage of the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":36ntu1th said:
chris98251":36ntu1th said:

Energy expended from cutting and breaking tackles is far, far greater than running in a straight line. See a RB shot out of the LOS with minimal need for variance vs one that breaks through of their own efforts. The difference is night and day. It has nothing to do with skill position. It's energy output and endurance of the individual athlete.

WRs also lose gas when adjusting to a ball, regaining balance etc. You see that even with Metcalf. Also depends on stage of the game.

RB's rarely run 40 yards or more routinely is what I am saying a WR runs go routs, posts, and cross filed slants multiple times a game and in practice, therefore their legs and wind is better for a longer sprint.

I have watched a few football games in my life and played WR and CB.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":za5fpko6 said:
vin.couve12":za5fpko6 said:
chris98251":za5fpko6 said:

RB's rarely run 40 yards or more routinely is what I am saying a WR runs go routs, posts, and cross filed slants multiple times a game and in practice, therefore their legs and wind is better for a longer sprint.

Make arbitrary rules that fit in your own head if you want, but contact and dealing with the trash takes a lot more energy. You see the same thing in WRs when applicable. The individual athlete matters even more.

Edit: I played CB, S, slot at times, and had even lined up as a FB and LB on occasion. There's nothing like the energy output of playing RB and getting the ball all the time. There's nothing like it in football in that regard what so ever.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2lp2g38i said:
chris98251":2lp2g38i said:
vin.couve12":2lp2g38i said:
chris98251":2lp2g38i said:

Make arbitrary rules that fit in your own head if you want, but contact and dealing with the trash takes a lot more energy. You see the same thing in WRs when applicable. The individual athlete matters even more.

Edit: I played CB, S, slot at times, and had even lined up as a FB and LB on occasion. There's nothing like the energy output of playing RB and getting the ball all the time. There's nothing like it in football in that regard what so ever.

Trying to figure out why you are arguing with yourself, I said there is a reason why RB's lose gas after about 40 yds unlike WR's who can usually keep puling away and you want to argue that Running backs take a beating..

Isn't that close to the same thing they put out a lot of energy to do what they do and are not typically adept due to what the train for to running 100 yard wind sprints almost every play.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":2imlz8d0 said:
vin.couve12":2imlz8d0 said:
chris98251":2imlz8d0 said:
vin.couve12":2imlz8d0 said:

Trying to figure out why you are arguing with yourself, I said there is a reason why RB's lose gas after about 40 yds unlike WR's who can usually keep puling away and you want to argue that Running backs take a beating..

Isn't that close to the same thing they put out a lot of energy to do what they do and are not typically adept due to what the train for to running 100 yard wind sprints almost every play.
I'm not arguing with myself. I'm saying you're making up arbitrary, simplistic rules that simply aren't real in regards to fatigue. Fatigue comes down to energy output and the athlete, not RPG classes.

To reiterate this can be seen in the same RB on different plays. Or WRs on a given play. Running freely and then sprinting isn't the same as running a brief obstacle course, sometimes pulling a sled for a yard or two, and then sprinting..just aren't the same.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":mrc07s5j said:
chris98251":mrc07s5j said:
vin.couve12":mrc07s5j said:
chris98251":mrc07s5j said:

I'm not arguing with myself. I'm saying you're making up arbitrary, simplistic rules that simply aren't real in regards to fatigue. Fatigue comes down to energy output and the athlete, not RPG classes.

To reiterate this can be seen in the same RB on different plays. Or WRs on a given play. Running freely and then sprinting isn't the same as running a brief obstacle course, sometimes pulling a sled for a yard or two, and then sprinting..just aren't the same.

This is where this is going I can tell.

Pushmi pullyu

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The Breh":1z9qq3aa said:
UK_Seahawk":1z9qq3aa said:

Bryce Hall reached 22 MPH on that play.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.streak ... ball-miami

How fast is 22 miles per hour? That would put him very close to the top when looking at the fastest speeds reached in the NFL last season. Per the New York Times, Dallas Cowboy safety Byron Jones recorded the fastest speed of the season at 22.11 mph. Leonard Fournette of the Jaguars topped out at 22.05 mph. Only Malcolm Butler (of the New England Patriots) also reached the 22 mph benchmark with a 22.07.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Unless there's an injury to another RB in training camp, I don't think there's room for him on the opening day 53 man roster this year with Carson, Penny, JD, CJ, and that fullback they signed with a significant signing bonus in the off-season. Hopefully he's a guy they can hide on the PS this year, and then call up to the roster when someone inevitably gets injured during the season and they need depth at the position.