Can Doug Baldwins 2018 stats be covered this season ?

xray

Reaction score
He missed 3 games and still caught 50 passes for 618 yards @ 12.4 yards per & 5 TDs. IMO those numbers will need to be at least replaced and bettered to win the division . A vet will have to step up and a couple rookies have to contribute too . Any thoughts?

John63

Reaction score
xray":299agize said:
He missed 3 games and still caught 50 passes for 618 yards @ 12.4 yards per & 5 TDs. IMO those numbers will need to be at least replaced and bettered to win the division . A vet will have to step up and a couple rookies have to contribute too . Any thoughts?

Short answer is yes.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2rxy539o said:
xray":2rxy539o said:

Short answer is yes.

He was not healthy the entire season, barely serviceable for many and a decoy almost for others.

Hos numbers can be replaced from last season, what you need to look at is before, also it's his leadership and mentoring ability that is harder to replace.

Mick063

Reaction score
This is the NFL.

The Patriots have mastered the art of roster churn, the new normal.

Brady has made a multitude of new receivers "work".

This is on the staff and quarterback to know the receiver strengths/weaknesses and put them in a position to succeed.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":1vj24m7o said:
John63":1vj24m7o said:
xray":1vj24m7o said:

Short answer is yes.

He was not healthy the entire season, barely serviceable for many and a decoy almost for others.

Hos numbers can be replaced from last season, what you need to look at is before, also it's his leadership and mentoring ability that is harder to replace.

Exactly ...his play speaks for itself ...but his actual locker room presence or impact we will never know . IMO

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
Mick063":3csu44pg said:
This is the NFL.

The Patriots have mastered the art of roster churn, the new normal.

Brady has made a multitude of new receivers "work".

This is on the staff and quarterback to know the receiver strengths/weaknesses and put them in a position to succeed.

That ...& then we see the fruits of labor ...so to speak , :snack:

toffee

Reaction score
Pete drafted two WRs especially Ursua with playing them at slot in mind, too bad both haven’t practiced in this off season.

Angry was a generational talent, he was very productive from day one, although it took a few seasons for him to become Russ’s #1 go to target. It would be hard to find another Angry to just step in and be as productive.

I have no confidence in Reynolds as Pete didn’t play him even when Angry couldn’t start, that and drafting Ursua.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
toffee":1q7o0568 said:
Pete drafted two WRs especially Ursua with playing them at slot in mind, too bad both haven’t practiced in this off season.

Angry was a generational talent, he was very productive from day one, although it took a few seasons for him to become Russ’s #1 go to target. It would be hard to find another Angry to just step in and be as productive.

I have no confidence in Reynolds as Pete didn’t play him even when Angry couldn’t start, that and drafting Ursua.

I’m sorry.... but a generational talent gets drafted. Angry DB worked to be an above average NFL WR but he was never great, and certainly not a generational talent. Too often people throw those sort of words around and while you love Angry DB he was above average but I wouldn’t consider him great or a generational talent unless your bar is low. Adrian Peterson for example is a generational talent. That’s reserved for something that only comes around once every 10 years or so.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Baldwin was great talent who was injured and ineffective last year. I think last year's version of Baldwin is replaceable.

The real question, I think, is if Tyler Lockett takes a step up, a step back, or is able reproduce what he did last year. His YPC and TD% are likely decline, but if he stays healthy his usage stats are also likely to increase.

pehawk

Reaction score
Elite QBs will always get their 3500 yards and 30ish TDs a year, regardless of WR turnover.

And, Imthescientist, you need to start watching the Seahawks before you post anymore. The only thing worse than your Baldwin taek is Sharia law.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":16fol1wd said:
toffee":16fol1wd said:

I’m sorry.... but a generational talent gets drafted. Angry DB worked to be an above average NFL WR but he was never great, and certainly not a generational talent. Too often people throw those sort of words around and while you love Angry DB he was above average but I wouldn’t consider him great or a generational talent unless your bar is low. Adrian Peterson for example is a generational talent. That’s reserved for something that only comes around once every 10 years or so.

For example...Warren Moon...Kurt Warner...Adam Vinatieri...James Harrison..Antonio Gates...London Fletcher...Priest Holmes...Jeff Saturday....and more were undrafted...FYI

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1vuadtjc said:
DK will obliterate those stats.

Doubtful that a 3rd or 4th option at WR gets enough targets to obliterate any stats . Metcalf has proved nothing yet. Lets see how camp goes.

chris98251

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":804qnzbc said:
DK SHOULD obliterate those stats.

Is probably a more correct statement due to his speed, size, playing on the edge and getting more targets I would think in space to break long receptions.

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":25yhs915 said:
ImTheScientist":25yhs915 said:

Is probably a more correct statement due to his speed, size, playing on the edge and getting more targets I would think in space to break long receptions.

As much as I like for DK to become the second coming of magatron, but our DK hasn’t obliterated any record in his football career so far.

The only thing he obliterated was his combine scores, except the 3 cones.

toffee

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":az0rkthh said:
toffee":az0rkthh said:

Angry has been acknowledged as one of the best, if not the best slot receiver in NFL history. That my scientist friend, is enough for me.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
toffee":35fqfnwj said:
chris98251":35fqfnwj said:
ImTheScientist":35fqfnwj said:

As much as I like for DK to become the second coming of magatron, but our DK hasn’t obliterated any record in his football career so far.

The only thing he obliterated was his combine scores, except the 3 cones.

He has got to beat out Brown and / or Moore to get a bunch of targets . Brown is an established proven NFL player that was not used near enough last season. IMO

Chapow

Reaction score
Some of you guys might want to pump the brakes a bit on your expectations for a rookie WR in an offense that had the least passing attempts of any team in the league last season.

McGruff

Reaction score
I remember people wondering how we were going to replace Graham and his touchdowns.

We did.

It will happen with Doug too. Tyler, Dissley, more of Brown, Metcalf emerging through the season.

What we will miss is leadership and fire on the field. Carson brings a similar energy, but needs to grow into it.

OP
OP
X

xray

Reaction score
Chapow":1low18vj said:
Some of you guys might want to pump the brakes a bit on your expectations for a rookie WR in an offense that had the least passing attempts of any team in the league last season.

The way the Hawks drafted this year ; and Wilson's contract ; predicts considerably more pass attempts this season .
Metcalf will be part of that ; but I doubt he will be showcased like many think .