Mychal Kendricks Court Date Set

Mad Dog

Reaction score
So it sounds like its possible Kendricks gets house arrest sentence. DOn't know much about house arrest in the USA, but can you work? Would he be allowed to play football with a tracking device? Would he be allowed only for home games?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Mad Dog":352j0y0h said:
So it sounds like its possible Kendricks gets house arrest sentence. DOn't know much about house arrest in the USA, but can you work? Would he be allowed to play football with a tracking device? Would he be allowed only for home games?

Yes, you can work. You have to go to and from your workplace only. The problem with a potential work release for Kendricks is that his job entails cross country travel. But if there's a will, there's a way.

The court gave Kendrick's co defendant a type of work release and it included travel, so there's every reason to believe that Kendricks will get some type of sentence that would allow him to continue his career. He freely admitted his guilt and was fully cooperative, so I'm betting that he gets some type of sentence that will allow him to play. Certainly the Hawks are expecting that he'll be available.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Just as a point of clarification, it's not his co-defendent who has been sentenced, it's another guy who was committing insider trading through the same person.

That guy got 9 months house arrest (plus 3 years probation) for profiting $93,000 from insider trading over a three month period in 2014.

Kendricks profited 1.2 million from insider trading over a two year period.

There's a ton of different variables in all this (different severity of crimes, different defense attorneys, maybe different judges (?)).

I wouldn't try to make any guesses on Kendricks' sentence based on that other case.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Popeyejones":27rovkv8 said:
Just as a point of clarification, it's not his co-defendent who has been sentenced, it's another guy who was committing insider trading through the same person.

That guy got 9 months house arrest (plus 3 years probation) for profiting $93,000 from insider trading over a three month period in 2014.

There's a ton of different variables in all this (different severity of crimes, different defense attorneys, maybe different judges (?)).

I wouldn't try to make any guesses on Kendricks' sentence based on that other case.

Kendricks also has much greater resources to pay restitution.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
And I believe that I read that he HAS paid back the money he gained (to a charity?).

RiverDog

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1ixwogvg said:

It's pretty complicated as there's four people that were charged in the same case. The guy that's being called Kendrick's co defendant is Mark Wayne Ramsey, who plead not guilty and has yet to stand trial. Hamad Ettu is the one that I incorrectly assumed was Kendrick's co defendant and who's insider info netted him a profit of $93,000, was sentenced to 3 years probation and 9 months home confinement. Damilare Sonoiki, who plead guilty with Kendricks, has yet to be sentenced.

If Ramsey's case goes to trial, there's a good chance that Kendricks could be a witness for the prosecution, and if he cooperates, could result in a favorable sentence that would allow him to continue his career.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2019/7/3/206 ... sentencing

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing that Kendricks gets a sentence that will allow him to play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2bgo98r8 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1171527864698564609[/tweet]
Cool. Got a feeling it will be pushed off again.

seabowl

Reaction score
Maybe he gets sentenced to do time at the Clink. :lol:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":11zdxx0t said:
insider trading is a dumb law. Period.
It isn’t but it’s a law that’s not applied equally across the board.
A CEO and chairman of the board at one of my former employers committed insider trading on 4 different occasions, it was reported to the SEC and they did nothing as it was a fortune 40 company.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
Politicians get away with insider trading as if the law doesn't apply to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":1c2j4ysm said:
insider trading is a dumb law. Period.
It isn’t but it’s a law that’s not applied equally across the board.
A CEO and chairman of the board at one of my former employers committed insider trading on 4 different occasions, it was reported to the SEC and they did nothing as it was a fortune 40 company.