Curious what others expectations are for DK.

richp01

Reaction score
I have been listing to radio shows, TV shows and podcasts in regards to DK. And the hype around him is quite impressive. I have only seen the Denver game and he does appear to have talent and I am wondering what others on here have in regards to expectations. Considering our offense and it typically takes rookie WR's two or 3 years, I personally would consider a very good rookie season if he ends up with 40 rec. 600 yards and 4-5 TD's. I am curious what others think?

Chawker

Reaction score
Those numbers for DKs rookie season are about right, althuogh I know he is capable of having a far better season. Like 55 rec 800 yds and 8 to 10 tds.
Cheers rich

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
richp01":im3n6580 said:
I personally would consider a very good rookie season if he ends up with 40 rec. 600 yards and 4-5 TD's. I am curious what others think?

This is about exactly where I'm at with expectations for DK.

I know everyone's excited about him, as well we should be.............but it's REALLY hard to come into the league as a rookie WR and put up big numbers. Especially on a team that runs the ball over 50% of the time.

But can he grow into a dominant force in the NFL? Hell yeah he can, he seems to have the work ethic and humility to get there. But this year? I'd take 600 yards and 4-5 TD's.

OP
OP
richp01

richp01

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback. I was thinking my expectations were reasonable considering our offense and his rookie status. Now by year three I am hoping to see more around the 90 catch 1000 yard 10 TD range if he progress's within the offense with the athletic ability he has. Here is to a good year. GO HAWKS!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
"I personally would consider a very good rookie season if he ends up with 40 rec. 600 yards and 4-5 TD's. I am curious what others think?"

DK is considered by many to fit perfectly into Baldwin's shoes. Personally, I think that he will take a couple of seasons for him to fit into his shoes. As it has been noted, the Hawks run more than most NFL teams. I'd be "tickled pink" if he got 600 yards.

chris98251

Reaction score
45 catches 650 yds and 8 TD's. If he is a starter and not in a rotation with another receiver.

Carson and Penny are going to be pulling guys up with more passes to them so deep ball is going to happen like 4 times a game and he will catch 2 per average going away to the end zone

quadsas

Reaction score
Leading in yards per catch, 4th in total receptions, 2nd in TDs.

Jk

Undisputed number 1 receiver and hall of fame lock by the end of the season.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I would guess fewer yards/catches, but more TDs. This is me hoping they use him wisely in the Red Zone. He's an awfully big body to have in there!

Smellyman

Reaction score
I think he will not have a high volume of receptions, but will have a pretty high number of TDs. Not sure the numbers.

He will get a couple of deep shot TDs, but he will get a lot of opportunity in the red zone like Jimmy did.

D

DomeHawk

DK comes into the league with some good measurables, e.g., size, 40-time, and bench reps, and some not so good measurables, e.g., no lateral quickness, poor route tree, over-developed muscularity.

I read that he has a good work ethic, that will carry you far in anything you do but he needs to decide if he wants to be a body builder or a football player.

I don't make predictions because it's the old throw something against the wall and see if it sticks. This board is famous for that crowd that touts their good predictions while ignoring their bad.

I hope he turns out to be great but like others have stated here, he is a rookie, he's got lots to learn.

A negative article: "What I didn't know about DK Metcalf, and what I suspected about DK Metcalf, was that he couldn't move laterally. He couldn’t change directions. He doesn't run routes. ... He is really good at running downfield and making plays. In Ole Miss' offense, that's all he's asked to do, so it's great. Can he run a route? Can he change direction? Can he throttle down and transition? The 3-cone drill and shuttle are the two measures we have as far as insight into that. He's not just below average. He's bad at it."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/283 ... -to-happen

And, a positive one:He’s 6 feet 4. He’s 229 pounds. He has run 40 yards in 4.33 seconds. He was reputed to have 1.9 percent body fat before the draft.

He’s the huge, physical and fast wide receiver coach Pete Carroll loves but has rarely had in his 10 years leading the Seahawks.

Metcalf wowed Carroll, his assistants, Seahawks defensive backs and just about everyone with eyes with his performances during minicamps and organized team activities (OTAs) in May and June.

“(He’s) maybe even more unique than we thought coming in,” Carroll said.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 13497.html

chris98251

Reaction score
Smellyman":okjxlsmg said:
I think he will not have a high volume of receptions, but will have a pretty high number of TDs. Not sure the numbers.

He will get a couple of deep shot TDs, but he will get a lot of opportunity in the red zone like Jimmy did.

I feel the opposite as of today, he will get yards but if Jazz makes the cut he will get TD's, he already knows how to box out and use his body in traffic.

DK I think will get his on break away plays.

John63

Reaction score
From what i saw at the couple of practices I was at his lateral movement is actually good for someone his size. He had no problems getting in and out of cuts and breaks, and hits full speed very fast. I can see he and Jazz being book end corner endzone box put types, forcing team to either double them leaving the middle open or giving them one on ones that they will win more often than not. DK will get more yards and long TDs. I could see 600 and 7tds give or take 10%.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Per RW, DK is on the field, working out at 5:45AM.

Russell will throw over 500 times this year, and I expect DK to get 10% of those with HUGE YPC. 10TDs.

DK has spent most of this summer with Russell. :)

McGruff

Reaction score
John63":3jaiik3d said:
From what i saw at the couple of practices I was at his lateral movement is actually good for someone his size. He had no problems getting in and out of cuts and breaks, and hits full speed very fast. I can see he and Jazz being book end corner endzone box put types, forcing team to either double them leaving the middle open or giving them one on ones that they will win more often than not. DK will get more yards and long TDs. I could see 600 and 7tds give or take 10%.

Yep.

People expect a 6'4", 235 pound man to move like Doug Baldwin. It isnt going to happen.

Big men move like big men. For good and bad.

nanomoz

Reaction score
40 targets. +15ypc. It's not much in stats, but he'll spread out defenses.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
vin.couve12":23b9nl24 said:
48 catches, 864 yards, 8 TDs. Most of which are play action TDs after Chris Carson trucks a safety.
That’s kind of where I’m at.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Because of his size and speed, I expect him to be an extreme Red Zone Player... So, I'm thinking 600 Yards is pushing it, but 10 TD's isn't... That's where I'm at.... :irishdrinkers: