2019 NFL Power Rankings

Seymour

Reaction score
Looks like they are a bit more generous than last year week 1. Last season we started at #27 which was pretty ridiculous. They say we moved up 1, not sure when from but that has to be updated from the Clowney trade it would appear.

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Previous rank: No. 10

Consider the events of this weekend another reminder of why the Seahawks have been the NFC's most successful team this decade: They are run by smart people who know how to play the game, and they feast on those who don't. Enter the vulnerable Houston Texans, who were desperate to unload star edge rusher Jadeveon Clowney and found a partner in a Seahawks team that gave up modest assets to land a player who plugs their most glaring deficiency. Usually it makes sense to wait it out before declaring who got the better end of a trade. Not in this case -- Seahawks GM John Schneider pulled off a heist, and Seattle is a legit NFC West contender because of it. Now we find out if Clowney can make the transition from Pro Bowl to All-Pro in Pete Carroll's defense. Don't rule it out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...kings-week-1-chargers-in-top-10-colts-plummet

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Flew down to sf took United for the first time maybe ever....liked that they have direct tv so I watched good morning football and the crew did they division and wild card picks. One had us out of playoffs, 2 had us a a Wc and one had us winning the west.

Then watched pro football focus both hosts are on the bandwagon. One had us in nfccg

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Did you read this part Seymour?

Usually it makes sense to wait it out before declaring who got the better end of a trade. Not in this case -- Seahawks GM John Schneider pulled off a heist, and Seattle is a legit NFC West contender because of it. Now we find out if Clowney can make the transition from Pro Bowl to All-Pro in Pete Carroll's defense. Don't rule it out.

No concerns whatsoever. Not even one.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":75z3qxax said:
Did you read this part Seymour?

Usually it makes sense to wait it out before declaring who got the better end of a trade. Not in this case -- Seahawks GM John Schneider pulled off a heist, and Seattle is a legit NFC West contender because of it. Now we find out if Clowney can make the transition from Pro Bowl to All-Pro in Pete Carroll's defense. Don't rule it out.

No concerns whatsoever. Not even one.

I sure did. But I'm not dragging that word twisting discussion into this thread either.

"Hey everyone, it's suppose to be sunny and 78 today, wish I didn't wake with a chill though."

Now check back tomorrow and the pitch fork mob will quote me as saying I predicted a snowstorm. :roll:

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm hearing the over / under for wins this year in Vegas is 8.5

That would put a #9 ranking toward the generous side if true.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1a1xgc8p said:

I'd put us at 9 or 9.5, but I could see how Vegas wants 8.5 for the Hawks to entice more over bets to even out the VIG.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2dffiyl4 said:
Seymour":2dffiyl4 said:

I'd put us at 9 or 9.5, but I could see how Vegas wants 8.5 for the Hawks to entice more over bets to even out the VIG.

Take the over and make a bit of $$$.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3niz49ab said:
Sgt. Largent":3niz49ab said:
Seymour":3niz49ab said:

No bets from me, but I'd say 9 would be to the low end of my guesstimated range for this team. If we reach full potential I could see us pulling off 12 wins with a chance to go all the way if we stay healthy.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1ty1f13x said:
Ad Hawk":1ty1f13x said:
Sgt. Largent":1ty1f13x said:
Seymour":1ty1f13x said:

No bets from me, but I'd say 9 would be to the low end of my guesstimated range for this team. If we reach full potential I could see us pulling off 12 wins with a chance to go all the way if we stay healthy.

I'm not a betting man either, but history, coaching and team-makeup all indicate this should be more than an 8-win team.

With the exception of the DBs right now, I'm optimistic and agree with 12 wins potential and deep into post-season. But the defensive backfield could allow more long plays than Pete likes if they're undisciplined.

I'll be closely monitoring that situation.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Hopefully Pete is flexible enough to "follow the money". I'm not optimistic that he will given the past.

By that I'm hoping he will adjust his game plan if necessary. I know he relies on defense to hold the game close and keep the offense tight and mistake free....but our offense is going to be our greater strength I believe.

We are spending $83M on offense, and $68M on defense. Lean on your offense if needed Pete!!

Chapow

Reaction score
Russ has shown many times that he can win shoot outs if that's what he needs to do to win the game.

xray

Reaction score
Seymour":pwrnhm54 said:
Hopefully Pete is flexible enough to "follow the money". I'm not optimistic that he will given the past.

By that I'm hoping he will adjust his game plan if necessary. I know he relies on defense to hold the game close and keep the offense tight and mistake free....but our offense is going to be our greater strength I believe.

We are spending $83M on offense, and $68M on defense. Lean on your offense if needed Pete!!

So we can take that to mean they will air it out more ? Will Carroll allow that ? :stirthepot:

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
xray":2t569iwf said:
Seymour":2t569iwf said:

So we can take that to mean they will air it out more ? Will Carroll allow that ? :stirthepot:

I don't think they even need to go quite that far. This Oline still has (as of last season) issues with pass protection (30th per football outsiders).

What they need to do mostly IMO is quit being so predictable on downs (ie the run, run, pass routine) and letting the defense T-off on 3rd and long.

How bout Prosise / Penny on a screen on 3rd and long to take that pressure away some for instance?

SPIRITOF12

Reaction score
After what I see tonight on Thursday Night Football Bears should be dropped back at least 10 spots.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Moving up in the world....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...kings-week-3-cowboys-hit-top-five-saints-sink

SEAHAWKS (2-0)

Previous rank: No. 8

For the second consecutive week, we saw how having Russell Wilson on your side in a close game can make all the difference. Wilson's numbers against the Steelers were excellent (29 for 35, 300 yards, 3 TDs), but I was most impressed by how the QB closed out Pittsburgh after the Steelers scored a touchdown to pull within two. After taking over at his own 25 with 5:34 to play, Wilson converted a pair of first downs on passes to tight end Will Dissly and receiver Tyler Lockett, then scrambled 10 yards for a third first down, scrambled again for 9 yards (a play wiped out by penalty), then scrambled once more on third-and-16, picking up 15 yards to set up Chris Carson for the game-clinching fourth-and-1 conversion. Art. Speaking of Dissly, the 2018 fourth-round pick was targeted five times and finished with five catches for 50 yards and two touchdowns. Another hit for general manager John Schneider.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score

SEAHAWKS (5-1)

Previous rank: No. 7

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ankings-week-7-49ers-eyeing-no-1-texans-surge

The Seahawks are one of the few teams that can fall behind by double-digits on the road and still be in the game without much concern. That's how it goes when your quarterback is Russell Wilson, who might be playing the best football of his life in his eighth NFL season. Wilson was a menace against a Browns team that badly needed a win, leading Seattle down the field time and time again while Baker Mayfield made the type of mistakes you simply never see from Wilson. Our favorite Wilson play on Sunday was the 17-yard dime to Jaron Brown, a pass that would be difficult to pull off for most quarterbacks in a clean pocket. Wilson dropped it in the bucket while getting driven into the turf. The man is unstoppable right now, and a truly great quarterback can carry a whole team on his back without breaking a sweat. That's what we're seeing in Seattle.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Our favorite Wilson play on Sunday was the 17-yard dime to Jaron Brown, a pass that would be difficult to pull off for most quarterbacks in a clean pocket. Wilson dropped it in the bucket while getting driven into the turf.

The man is unstoppable right now, and a truly great quarterback can carry a whole team on his back without breaking a sweat. That's what we're seeing in Seattle.

Latest posts