How would you grade today’s offensive play calling?

dopeboy206

Reaction score
First off I apologize if I made a thread in the wrong forum with that said I give Schott’s play calling a D for disgusting. I felt we were too predictable. I am not a huge fan of Schottenheimer as an OC. Always felt like he was a reach when we hired him and still do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
F-

Our play calling almost lost us the game. We found something that worked, and went away from it right away. Garbage offensive play calling and strategy.

quadsas

Reaction score
Z-. truly horrendous. Wilson has leverage, he can go and start motherf'ing Pete to get him a competent playcaller who wont be a yes man.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
New year same arguments..
The OL was getting manhandled today.
The offense sucked for most of the day.. I wish Tyler could have caught that ball, would have been an easier win.
I'm just happy were 1-0, but to be honest that should have been called an incomplete pass imo. Dalton's arm was moving forward.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I’m a teacher. I wouldn’t even give him a grade. This was an incomplete from not doing his homework. A call to his parents might be in order. Anyone have Marty’s number?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
quadsas":10vzh2xw said:
Z-. truly horrendous. Wilson has leverage, he can go and start motherf'ing Pete to get him a competent playcaller who wont be a yes man.
Pete IS the horrible play calling. Schottenheimer while awful in each one of his stints is just a rank and file guy. He's just following orders.

Seymour

Reaction score
I will go off the charts to a U

RRPete and his 3 and outs = sad football.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Seymour":24yo49p3 said:
I will go off the charts to a U

RRPete and his 3 and outs = sad football.
RePete as in repete 3 and out.

mistaowen

Reaction score
God awful. Bad bengals team and they struggled to get 200 yards. Zero inspiration that schotty will be anything but below average for another year.

6.7? Three and outs with 10 drives? That’s so bad. Russ held under 20 passes.

xray

Reaction score
Coaching is huge for success ; and today showed that coaching almost lost this game . I still think that Carroll has too much offensive input...and that being said his defense didn't look that good either . IMO

xray

Reaction score
xray":1wcxz46a said:
Coaching is huge for success ; and today showed that coaching almost lost this game . I still think that Carroll has too much offensive input...and that being said his defense didn't look that good either . IMO

let's let Wilson the go ahead to change any damn play at anytime ..must be frustrating for him .

chris98251

Reaction score
Their D line is very good, problem is we didn't offset that and make them pay much for being overly aggressive or we could have broke their backs early on. We had great success with roll outs and rarely did it, we had good success with delayed hand offs and yet rarely did it. Screen worked well also but as soon as we had that Carson Fumble those plays got shelved also.

Mick063

Reaction score
I hate, hate, hate the very predictable handoff to the running back from the shotgun. The "read option" look where Russ tries to fool the defensive end.

It worked when Russell wasn't a walking gold mine, but no one believes the quarterback is going to keep the ball more than once per game anymore. Further, Russ doesn't have the burst that he had five years ago. The defensive end isn't fooled and hedges inside to the running back. Every. Single. Time. In other words, no one is fooled anymore.

The only time it worked, Penny's 21 yard run (most of it from his own personal effort to overcome the fore mentioned disadvantage) was called back because the slow developing play got Ifedi caught for holding.

The opposing defensive coordinator only needs to spend about twenty total minutes to prepare for it. Gives them time to prepare for other things instead.

The team cut a good linebacker to keep a fullback. When in the four minute offense. put that fullback in the game, line up in the I formation, and let the lineman play downhill smash mouth football.

The "read option" scheme is officially a dumpster fire.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I give him a C for his playcalling

It was a Bevell-esk performance. Lack of creativity. Some of it was the O line not adjusting and kicking out on those deep play actions, some of it was Wilson holding onto the ball too long. It was an overall weak performance by the entire offense.
Schotty was also very slow to make any adjustments, which was disappointing.

It seriously felt like they were just playing too close to the vest and trying not to lose.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
C-. I’m not in the boat that they were trash today. The secondary played like crap for 3 quarters and hurt the team more than the offense. There are definitely things to work on but when was the last time the Seahawks scored three touchdowns in the season opener? Plus I will give the Bengal defense credit as they gave us fits for most of the game. This was a game where we made more plays then the opposite team. A win against a good team in week 1? I’ll take it and be happy.

OP
OP
dopeboy206

dopeboy206

Reaction score
I think only way Russ can play to his max potential and show he's worth that 30 million is we get a new OC if not he’s just going to be a glorified game manager. Schemes and play calling is important when it comes to the success of QBs and Schotennheimer doesn't compliment him. He makes RBs look good not QBs. He has got to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts