Wilson: $26m this year, 204 total yards.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
If you want someone to throw 20 times, run 4 times and hand off 21 times you might spend your money more wisely. PC has become poor at using his tools. I don’t blame Wilson though he could have ran for firsts a couple of those times but didn’t. It’s crap offense by a bad OC picked by a bad offensive HC.

sutz

Reaction score
He's also undefeated this year. :twisted:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Some of you are way too obsessed with stats. It's kind of pitiful. I'll take Russ' 200 over Dalton's empty 400 any day

BubbaGump

Reaction score
The most important stat is W’s! Is Wilson worth what the Hawks are paying him? Yes. Why? Because he wins! I swear this board is more doom and gloom after a win than after a lose.

Msfann

Reaction score
Yup the only stat that matters is the W.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
You are so right. Let fire Pete and trade Wilson.

Interesting to look at who had a TON of passing yards today and who lost. Guess which philosophy was better....

Fade

Reaction score
I don't care about yards for a QB, but I do care about effectiveness of the offense in general, and what they rolled out week 1, ain't it.

HawkerD

Reaction score
Fade":2sgrwmht said:
I don't care about yards for a QB, but I do care about effectiveness of the offense in general, and what they rolled out week 1, ain't it.

True but its when you make the play that counts. Wilson is CLUTCH CLUTCH and then CLUTCH again. You can't over pay for that.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson had a 134 or so rating.

Dalton somewhere around 90.

Wilson wins

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Scorpion05":yr619lb2 said:
Some of you are way too obsessed with stats. It's kind of pitiful. I'll take Russ' 200 over Dalton's empty 400 any day
The more frustrating thing is the absolute refusal to go with what was working. With slants, and by exploiting lanes up the middle we were moving the ball. Those plays opened up the run game, then the offensive coaching staff kept with it when it wasn't working. Teams strive to make offenses one dimensional, we did half the job for the Bengals.

The refusal to adapt and blind adherence to dogma is what is more angering. We're shackling our 30 million dollar per year man. This game should not have been as close as it was, even with the early game defensive gaffes.

acer1240

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":10ie44k5 said:
If you want someone to throw 20 times, run 4 times and hand off 21 times you might spend your money more wisely. PC has become poor at using his tools. I don’t blame Wilson though he could have ran for firsts a couple of those times but didn’t. It’s crap offense by a bad OC picked by a bad offensive HC.

Bring this weak sauce into the shack

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":2rn705w6 said:

Wilson wins
Dalton wasn't able to make plays when he needed to. Wasn't able to convert those yards in to TDs. The defense got toasted but did a good job of keeping them out of the endzone.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":23rulc4a said:
chris98251":23rulc4a said:

Wilson wins
Dalton wasn't able to make plays when he needed to. Wasn't able to convert those yards in to TDs. The defense got toasted but did a good job of keeping them out of the endzone.

Product of Pete keep it in front of you defense mostly except deep balls hanging in the air that are easy picks unless you have all day to think about it.

tersal

Reaction score
Fade":3dmneg0i said:
Russ has more than proven himself as for today recall Tyler dropped what would have been an over 20 yd gain and Carson also had a drop. The bigger issue was the ineffective blocking both running the ball and pass protection. Russ was scrambling to much especially in the first half. Clearly there is room for improvement this was not good today this win feels like an escape more than a victory.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":hjzeq6yl said:
Spin Doctor":hjzeq6yl said:
chris98251":hjzeq6yl said:

Wilson wins

Product of Pete keep it in front of you defense mostly except deep balls hanging in the air that are easy picks unless you have all day to think about it.
Dalton got lucky on several plays with those deep balls as well. The Thompson one comes immediately to mind.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Wins, wins, wins. Go root for the team with a qb that throws for 5,000 yards and wins 7 games. Otherwise known as the bowels of Twitter.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Not many quarterbacks could have done better with the time that the line gave him.

Seriously, who does one step drop passes?

Rest easy, though. That Cinci D Line is no slouch, and I think people were overlooking them going into the game.

That was probably the toughest line we will face all year, or at least tied for toughest line.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I don't care about stats but handcuffing yourself while dragging an anchor with a piano on your back is maddening.

sutz

Reaction score
Smellyman":3980oghb said:
I don't care about stats but handcuffing yourself while dragging an anchor with a piano on your back is maddening.
I suspect your analogy might be just be a wee bit hyperbolic. :twisted: