Next up Pittsburgh Steelers

Chawker

Reaction score
Hello 3 Rivers, homer of the Steelers and big ben. Their week one stats show that there run game is poor. But big ben will still be dangerous at home.

Hopefully will get a couple key starters back for this one. :2thumbs:

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I really don’t like this spot for us. West coast team going across the country to play a 1pm EST game. Don’t like that Pitt just got owned by NE, they will be angry.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I think the angry thing is over blown. Hawks should be angry they almost lost to Cincy.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Chawker":186w8gts said:
Hello 3 Rivers, homer of the Steelers and big ben. Their week one stats show that there run game is poor. But big ben will still be dangerous at home.

Hopefully will get a couple key starters back for this one. :2thumbs:

Wait I thought Detroit was home of the Steelers.

Osprey

Reaction score
As long as their receivers look as horrible against us as the Pats we should have a good chance of stealing a road win.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Osprey":32azhbkq said:
As long as their receivers look as horrible against us as the Pats we should have a good chance of stealing a road win.

“As long as their secondary looks as horrible against us as the Bengals we should have a good chance of stealing a home opener”

-says a lot of stealer fans right now.

Something has to give next week. If it’s officiated even close to fairly, I think we have a good chance at a W.

Polk738

Reaction score
I just hope they actually decide to go to a nickel defense when they need it, JuJu will make Micheal Kendricks beg for mercy.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It would be a great win. Go up 2-0 and cause the Steelers to be 0-2.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The Steelers can be angry all they want. Mike Tomlin still an overrated coach. Remember how he got in the way and acted like he didn’t know what happened? What a joke.

Seahawks win.

Mizak

Reaction score
Stealers are not gonna beat Seattle with the cheap versions of Le’veon Bell(James Conner) and Antonio Brown(Juju smith Schuster).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tough test for sure, especially since we haven't scored a single point the last 2 times out there.
But, this team is VERY capable of winning this game. Gotta' pound the rock consistently, and stop calling the same offensive plays over and over again. Mix it up.

xray

Reaction score
Tough road test for the Hawks . The Steelers will be really be focused on winning their 1st home game of the season .
The Hawks may have lost some of their pre-season confidence after the Bengals game ; and more key injuries too .

TreeRon

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2s2rhdd2 said:
I really don’t like this spot for us. West coast team going across the country to play a 1pm EST game. Don’t like that Pitt just got owned by NE, they will be angry.

How would you feel if Pittsburgh had overwhelmed the Pats? Pretty much the same I suspect but for a different reason.
Either way the're a professional football team and all NFL teams are dangerous.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Every year, the Hawks seeming win a game we don't expect them too. Would love for that to be on Sunday. I suspect both teams will play a hell of a lot better and this is a game that's up in the air late 4th quarter.

olyfan63

Reaction score
JohnGlenn":2zhbu2lq said:
I'm thinking they run a hell of a lot more nickel. Maybe even some dime. The Bengals was a gameplan of complete disrespect.

Can you expound on the "Bengals was a gameplan of complete disrespect" thing a bit?

Are you talking about what defenses we will see? Like how in the Bevell era our passing attack was dissed as high-school-level schemes, with unsophisticated, predictable route trees, limited safety valve options, and easily defended by NFL-level defenses? The Jeff Fisher era Rams come to mind as having gameplans that disregarded the Hawks ability to make certain types of plays in the passing game, and by and large, seemed correct. For example, a game that comes to mind is the one where Golden Tate caught the ball in a hotly contested battle with a Rams DB (Janoris Jenkins IIRC) and did a taunting wave bye-bye the last 20 yards to the end zone. That was about the only play the Hawks made in the passing game, and we were just lucky the Rams O sucked so badly that Tate's play was essentially the game-winner. Those Rams had Robert Quinn (could run down Russell Wilson) in his 18-sack season prime.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":muukvt3d said:

Obviously it's the NFL, so we have a shot to win, but when the schedule came out I chalked this game up as an "L."

Unless we're witnessing a complete unraveling in Pittsburgh, they're going to come out with their hair on fire after having their asses handed to them Sunday night in Foxboro on national TV.

This will be especially true if Pete comes out again with trying to ram the ball at the Steelers very good front seven.