Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Steelers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I see a rebound in overall performance from Week 1 and even though the Steelers looked anything but formidable in Week 1, I also see them rebounding in their home opener. 10am start in a place that has always been tough for the Seahawks to win, I just think the likelihood is a loss. Next two weeks could be a tough haul as this young team continues to find their way.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - Steelers 27

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-0

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I also believe both teams play much better this week. I don’t see Pittsburgh’s Dline as good as the bengals young aggressive group. Russ will have more time to access the field and the Hawks will control the TOP battle and win.

Hawks 24
Steelers 14

Prediction record 2019
1-0

SeaMeat

Reaction score
We continue the seemingly scripted 3 and out offensive playcalls for most of the game and score only one field goal in the first half. 4th quarter the offense gets hot and moves the ball, but only score two field goals.

Clowney will be fun to watch.

Steelers 21
Seahawks 9

RTD 1-0

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
A 1 O’clock EST start?

Seahawks- 18
Steelers - 19

I expect another ugly game.

rcaido

Reaction score
Seahawks 27
Stealers - 17

Seahawks will have 150+ rushing. I think Wilson will finally keep the ball w/ RO.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
After my nearly spot on, flawless prediction of last week's Bengals game, I feel confident about this week's prediction as well. You should all be in awe.

James Washington carves up our secondary, similar to Ross. James Conner picks up tough yards and the Steelers dominate the TOP battle.

Wilson plays well, and keeps the game close. Jason Myers breaks our hearts at the end though, and the bloody Steelers prevail.

Seahawks 21 Steelers 23

RTD 0-1

Chawker

Reaction score
Seahawks run the ball gaining 100 plus yards, while Dangeruss throws for 340 yards and 2 TDs, DK gets his first NFL TD. We still play like we aren't a well oil machine (yet).

Defensively we shut down their run game and play well against the Steelers. 1 int and 1 fumble recovery.

Our Mighty Seahawks 23

The Squealers 20

YTD 1-0 :0190l:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks 20
Thieves 18

Stealers get screwed by a bad Defensive PI call, Myers puts through a chip shot FG with 0:00 left on the clock.
Pissburghs fanbase goes all apeshit conveniently forgetting about the gift that was XL*.

The Rooney’s cry to the league, a new rule is implemented next week.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
For 2 games now (cowboys playoff, and last week), I have seen a horrid gameplan, and a stubborn need to stick to it with no adjustment until the last 2 minutes. I cant in good faith see them able to effectively strategize based on their opponent. People wonder why the patriots consistently are a top team, when the cap is the same everywehere. This is why. They play to their own strenghts and gameplan for their oppents weaknesses. We just dont do that. Until we figure that out, we wil be a wild card team that plays a good game here and there.

Steelers 23, hawks 20.

1-0

xray

Reaction score
johnnyfever":3bor0de9 said:
For 2 games now (cowboys playoff, and last week), I have seen a horrid gameplan, and a stubborn need to stick to it with no adjustment until the last 2 minutes. I cant in good faith see them able to effectively strategize based on their opponent. People wonder why the patriots consistently are a top team, when the cap is the same everywehere. This is why. They play to their own strenghts and gameplan for their oppents weaknesses. We just dont do that. Until we figure that out, we wil be a wild card team that plays a good game here and there.

Steelers 23, hawks 20.

1-0
Yep...Belichick and Carroll are same age : but Carroll coaches old school . Belichick runs his team with his coordinators each week for a specific opponent . Every week the Pats play different . Carroll will never change he's old school . We just have to put up with it .

quadsas

Reaction score
We win by 2 points this time. Wilson will decide that he's going to win the game

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The Antonio Brown-less Steelers come out hot in the first quarter particularly on defense. But then the game finally settles in. You can't play 60 minutes on emotion alone

The Seahawks come out determined to clean up their performance from last week. The line protects a little better, and our run game picks up a little steam. Though not quite at its peak, enough to be respected.

Then in comes Wilson, Metcalf, and Lockett. They'll make the plays they need to, and Metcalf's name will continue to buzz.

Without Antonio Brown, people will see just how average Big Ben actually is. He'll gift us a pick, and although Juju will make his plays he's no Antonio. We'll make them earn every yard, which goes against Big Ben's tendencies as he likes to force the ball down field. Every Steelers fan will be yelling "Fire Tomlin," when their problem always has been, and always will be the Quarterback.

Seahawks win 30-17

AgentDib

Reaction score
xray":wi4otgg8 said:
Yep...Belichick and Carroll are same age : but Carroll coaches old school . Belichick runs his team with his coordinators each week for a specific opponent . Every week the Pats play different . Carroll will never change he's old school . We just have to put up with it .
Yes, life has been pretty tough as a Seahawks fan. We haven't had Belichick and Brady on our team and have had to settle for 150 wins vs 106 losses since realignment, twelve playoff trips and a paltry three trips to the Super Bowl. Best of luck in being able to put up with not having Belichick again this season.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Steelers were humiliated and they're going to show up angry. I think the Steelers show up to play with a lot more intensity and the score reflects it. I can't see the Steelers going 0-2 against the Hawks in their home opener, in a 10 a.m. west coast start, after the shellacking the Pats just gave them. Hawks will start slow, as always, finally putting some points on the board at the end of the first half. And they'll not adjust well in the second half until it's too late. It will take a while, unsurprisingly, for this team to get going this season. Too many injuries early on.

One of the rare more-than-one-score losses in the Pete/Russ era:

Pittsburgh: 34
Hawks: 20

LTH

Reaction score
I dont really know who is going to win this one but what i do know is that in the final 3 min the Hawks will have a chance to win it... why? because that is what they do...

LTH

xray

Reaction score
AgentDib":1egktodc said:
xray":1egktodc said:
Yes, life has been pretty tough as a Seahawks fan. We haven't had Belichick and Brady on our team and have had to settle for 150 wins vs 106 losses since realignment, twelve playoff trips and a paltry three trips to the Super Bowl. Best of luck in being able to put up with not having Belichick again this season.
2 trips to the SB under Carroll ; which is great but all that you said is in the past . It's past time for Carroll to prepare and adapt to individual opponents before and during a game . I've noticed that many in here are posting the same concerns dating back to last season .