When did you start following the Seahawks?

LTH

Reaction score
I came in at the beginning of the Ericson era ....

I really enjoyed the Holmgren Era.... read Clare Farnsworth and Mike Sando

but most of all the Carroll era has been the best...Pete Carroll is an amazing coach as his contract suggests...

My special moment was the GB NFC championship game... Im just not sure anything can beat that!

when did you guys start watching and what was a special moment for you?

LTH

Reaction score
My story is kind of funny, I was born in Minnesota in 1972 and moved to Oregon (Portland area) in Feb 1977 (so just after the Hawks first season). I grew up a Vikings fan but always got the Seahawks as our Regional Game every Sunday.

I moved to Seattle in 1998, and a friend who still lived in the Portland area told me that he was going to get 2 Season tickets in the end zone the year the second year that the Hawks played in Husky Stadium (2001). At first I thought he was a little crazy, butI went with him to one game there towards the end of the Season, and then a number of games the following year in the Hawks Nest in the new Stadium(not technically called Qwest yet). We added two more seats for a total of 4 in 2003 and I've never looked back.

While I still followed the Vikings a bit, this was the beginning of the scandalous years for the Vikings and that made for a clean break for me. I've been fortunate to be a Season Ticket holder for the Hawks for some of the franchise's greatest years....and watched many of the formative years due to regional coverage.

Vesuve

Reaction score
LTH":2csr9x5r said:
I came in at the beginning of the Ericson era ....

I really enjoyed the Holmgren Era.... read Clare Farnsworth and Mike Sando

but most of all the Carroll era has been the best...Pete Carroll is an amazing coach as his contract suggests...

My special moment was the GB NFC championship game... Im just not sure anything can beat that!

when did you guys start watching and what was a special moment for you?

LTH

About 8-9 years old in 1978-1979. Collected the cards, watched some games.

Followed more closely around 1982.

Didn't follow much after about 2000 b/c I was not in town nor country.

Started following again in 2009 or so. Saw SuperBowl 40 of course.

Carroll era has been the best, IMO.

Boiler

Reaction score
1978. They weren’t very good, but they were fun to watch back then. Lots of trick plays under Patera.

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Since I saw them at training camp at Eastern Washington University in 1976....from the beginning, I am a lifer!

Osprey

Reaction score
As a casual fan from 76-86 (in my defense I was a kid and Dad preferred college over pro) and caught the bug hard 87 forward. Don’t think I’ve missed a down of Hawks football since then. Had to get creative a few times back in the blackout era.

dbmack

Reaction score
Since I first heard Seattle was getting a team. I'm not from Seattle but I have lived in WA my whole life. I was already a football fan from watching games with my dad when I was a kid. I can still remember him telling me how the game is played - the 4 downs for 10 yds in particular. Once I got that concept down the game clicked in my head. To this day I still watch every game available on tv, not just the Seahawks games.

AlbaHawk

Reaction score
1982 for me.

This was the first year that American Football was shown here in the UK and my family all picked a team to follow.

Dad: 49ers
Mum: LA Rams
Sister: Dolphins
Me: Seahawks

Have followed them ever since and WILL get to Century Link one day! (Was at the Panthers/Hawks game last year)

Listened to every game I could get on the radio - on the Armed Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS) which was broadcast to Germany - so the reception was terrible.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Maulbert":of0nfnfj said:
1997. I wasn't really into football until then, I just started watching with my dad one day. The first game I ever attended was our victory over Kansas City in 1998.

I'm not sure if that game was the one I was at, but I remember the Hawks blocking a field goal and running it back for a TD.

Hawkman90

Reaction score
Since the superbowl win..... But just before I get labelled a bandwagoner lol I'm from Scotland and have watched nfl since 09/10 season and just watched odd games never supported a team.. Decided I would support whoever won the superbowl of the 2013 season and I've never missed a single hawks game since :irishdrinkers: :D

Maulbert

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2g1rc4ih said:
Maulbert":2g1rc4ih said:
1997. I wasn't really into football until then, I just started watching with my dad one day. The first game I ever attended was our victory over Kansas City in 1998.

I'm not sure if that game was the one I was at, but I remember the Hawks blocking a field goal and running it back for a TD.

Not that game. We did have a pick six, though. Fun fact, however, Kevin Lockett played in that game for KC. He's Tyler Lockett's father.

Maulbert

Reaction score
AlbaHawk":3bcdv682 said:
1982 for me.

This was the first year that American Football was shown here in the UK and my family all picked a team to follow.

Dad: 49ers
Mum: LA Rams
Sister: Dolphins
Me: Seahawks

Have followed them ever since and WILL get to Century Link one day! (Was at the Panthers/Hawks game last year)

Listened to every game I could get on the radio - on the Armed Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS) which was broadcast to Germany - so the reception was terrible.

My Dad's family is similar. My brother and I are the ONLY Seahawks fans. Two of my step-brothers are Packers fans, the other step-brother is a Redskins fan, my step-sister is a 49ers fan, my step-mom is a Jets fan, and my dad is a Dolphins fan. I feel like I live in the family from that God-awful NFL Shop commercial from a few years ago. At least they didn't migrate from one team to another.

justafan

Reaction score
Day 1, day two my first experience with an OC critic.My 14 year old sister popping her gum and bitching about all they do is run it up the middle.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Osprey":xxlzdqw8 said:
As a casual fan from 76-86 (in my defense I was a kid and Dad preferred college over pro) and caught the bug hard 87 forward. Don’t think I’ve missed a down of Hawks football since then. Had to get creative a few times back in the blackout era.
Yeah, my dad is Husky die-hard.

I went to many games in the late 70s to mid-80s.

My cousin was a starter and captain for the Huskies from78 to 81.

xray

Reaction score
1976...I lived in Montana and watched them using an old OTA antennae . Sometimes the reception wasn't very good ; but we stuck with it anyway . :D

Boohman14

Reaction score
grew up in Pasco , WA . When Seattle got the Seahawks I was a Baltimore Colts fan. I was in Jr. High. Loved Bert Jones and Lydell Mitchell. I tried to follow both teams but the Hawks were on TV every Sunday and they were fun to watch. I loved how tough the players on the Hawks Offense were. They never backed down and there was no quit even when they were over matched. In contrast. The Colts had talent but would seem intimidated at times and would fall apart when things got tough.
I totally quit the Colts in 79 or 80 when the Hawks drafted a guy out of my home town, Michael Jackson from the Huskies in the third round. I never looked back.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Ever since I watched their second ever preseason game against the Bears at Joe Albi stadium in Spokane in 1976. I remember distinctly looking through the binoculars and seeing the Seahawks logo on their helmets and being hooked.

2_0_6

Reaction score
In 1985 I was six, and was taken to my first game against the Chargers by my Uncle. Hooked ever since.

TreeRon

Reaction score
I became a Seattle football fan June 4, 1974. Up until then I'd been a Eagles, Rams, Raiders,and a 49ers fan depending on where I lived as I grew up.