Miami Trade DB Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Steelers

FormerEvil

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27603958/sources-miami-db-fitzpatrick-okd-seek-trade

"A personnel man for one team had praise for Fitzpatrick as the "ideal slot corner who can cover, blitz off the edge, [is] intelligent, a good tackler and a good special teams player," but doubted that teams would be willing to part with a first-round draft choice in 2020."

Sounds like he could be an ideal fit in Pete's scheme but I'm totally unaware of his background and actual skill-set. Anyone have any insight on him to share? We obviously need big help in the secondary with them bringing Taylor back after the Bengals game to bolster the secondary.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Can he play free safety? That's our biggest issue, why waste our 2nd on a spot that would look a lot more competent if we had a real safety back deep?

TreeRon

Reaction score
Yea but is he any good? I don't care what round he was taken in nor do I care what some talking head says. Is he any good? Has anyone seen him play?
If he's better than what we have, go for it. If not, forget it.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sounds too soft to play here with this attitude.

"I'm not 215 pounds, 220 pounds. So playing in the box isn't best suited for me, but that's what Coach is asking me to do."

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Getting a tad weary of watching these self entitled prima donnas complain about what they are asked to do. They either play football or they don’t.

Sounds a bit like Fitzpatrick is a softy. Agree with Seymour.

Here’s his draft profile which paints a different picture of the player so perhaps he’s like the rest of the Miami team fed up with playing for a team that looks to be in a long (read: permanent) rebuild. He might be significant improvement at FS for the Hawks over TT. **I wouldn’t give a second for him though**. Sirius NFL radio has reported that their conversations with FO personnel aroundd the league leads them to believe that Mia. won't get what they think they will but of course the advantage to the player is there is no bonus to be paid and the player could be under control for 4 years on his present deal. This player has proven he can play at a high level, the only question for him is will he play at the best position for him?

**EDIT: Changed my mind, I guess I'd give a 2nd and a reserve player for him upon reflection** This said I doubt the team would pay as much as Miami likely wants and probably won't get.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/minkah-fi ... c9ce9cbb2d

endzorn

Reaction score
Rumors that six teams are already involved. Pro bowl level talent isn’t easy to draft. I’d be willing to discuss our first round pick. Schneider isn’t exactly mashing home runs with those first round picks.

blazen2392

Reaction score
you guys need to watch this video. its an analysis of minkah by Brett kollman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmdoPB3SN4&t=586s

He is one of the most talented DBs in the league. Extremely versatile. Even though he excels in the slot, his natural position is deep FS. Incredible Earl like range with sherm ball skills.

we are not getting him for anything less than a first.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
endzorn":3bgonm9p said:
Rumors that six teams are already involved. Pro bowl level talent isn’t easy to draft. I’d be willing to discuss our first round pick. Schneider isn’t exactly mashing home runs with those first round picks.

He's not, but OTOH, he's not mashing home runs when dealing away his first rounders either.

blazen2392

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3rxyy15t said:
endzorn":3rxyy15t said:

He's not, but OTOH, he's not mashing home runs when dealing away his first rounders either.

Right now he might not b/c he was a rookie last year but I would say he is on track to becoming an all pro talent. He was really really good for a rookie man.

Seymour

Reaction score
I will say this. After watching Toast Thompson do his best Charlie Brown impression there is a need and he'd be way cheaper than Earl at FS if he is indeed that good at that position. That said, it boils down to how much faith they have in Blair to fill that role as to if they'd consider this at all IMO.

hburn21

Reaction score
He was graded as one of the best slot corners either last season or the one before, I’d make the trade for that reason alone along with his cheap contract

Osprey

Reaction score
blazen2392":ehyk1kto said:
you guys need to watch this video. its an analysis of minkah by Brett kollman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHmdoPB3SN4&t=586s

He is one of the most talented DBs in the league. Extremely versatile. Even though he excels in the slot, his natural position is deep FS. Incredible Earl like range with sherm ball skills.

we are not getting him for anything less than a first.
Video makes a strong argument for why he'd be a good fit. If the intangibles / attitude fit as well, I'd go a first for him. Miami is definitely in dump mode, but it remains to be seen if they are in fire sale mode yet.

Seymour

Reaction score
I accidentally cut out the beginning of the quote because of how it was written.
Reading the entire quote again changed how I perceive his attitude a bit.

When asked about his mothers comment he was playing out of position, this was his reply.

"She's not wrong," Fitzpatrick said at the time. "Coach has asked me to do something right now. I got to do what they ask me to do. If we have to have some discussions in the future, we'll have those discussions. I'm not 215 pounds, 220 pounds. So, playing in the box isn't best suited for me, but that's what coach is asking me to do."

xray

Reaction score
If the Hawks pass D gets lit up again Sunday than the Hawks should at least give him a serious look IMO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bayquk2 said:
Look who's been spotted at Seatac.

EEUc PlU4AUJE4yformatjpgnamesmall
LOL, nice! :2thumbs:
Looks like he’s ready to play. Gotta get him to change his laundry though!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Osprey":2gz32nqj said:
I thought he was 6'1 , looks at least 9' in that pic. :0190l:

He's sneaky nimble for his size.

If all the Dolphins are asking for is a 2nd? I'l pull a hamstring shaking their hands if i was Schneider for Fitzpatrick.

He's a perfect fit here, versatile at CB or safety and just signed a very reasonable four year contract, so we'd have control for three years at 4M per year?

DO IT!