LTH

Reaction score
Changing to Sando...

Your thoughts?

LTH

acer1240

Reaction score
Mike Sando.

When .net first left the scout pos network I reached out to him to see if he would be willing to do a q&a for us.

It never ended up happening but he did respond and was more than willing.

His articles always seemed to offer unique insight that you wouldn't see anywhere else.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Clayton, Sando.

Clayton does more national beat stuff so he’s almost in a different category than those that just cover the Hawks.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Clare Farnsworth for me, no question. As a Seahawk fan growing up in Iowa pre-internet, my inside and pretty much only information on the team was limited to his few paragraphs he wrote in The Sporting News.

Tical21

Reaction score
Clare but they’re all relatively crappy

Torc

Reaction score
Steve Kelley. probably not a popular choice but I ran to the paper box every Monday to read his take on the games. I like Farnsworth too but I really enjoyed the human element that Kelley brought to his articles.

Honorable mention to George G. Grid (in the Bellevue Journal-American)....he had a funny irreverent take on a lot of local sports, including the Seahawks.

kobebryant

Reaction score
It's relatively early in his career, but Michael-Shawn Dugar's work at the Athletic Seattle feels like a whole new standard of quality.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Farnsworth set the standard. Just like Pete Gross set the standard for Seahawk announcers.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
acer1240":1etmbgqu said:
Mike Sando.

When .net first left the scout pos network I reached out to him to see if he would be willing to do a q&a for us.

It never ended up happening but he did respond and was more than willing.

His articles always seemed to offer unique insight that you wouldn't see anywhere else.

I very much enjoyed Sando as well...

Good story... The first time I had any contact with Sando was when that SI writer (can't remember his name) wrote an article about Holmgren talking to his team and his famous F____ the fans statement... You guys remember that? Holmgren got hammered by this SI reporter and Sando wrote about i. I sent him an email hammering him because he wrote about it... well... Sando hammered me back hard.. I just kinda laughed about it... But thats one thing I liked about Sando is that he is not a yes man... He prints what he wants stands by it and doesn't manipulated by people like Holmgren or whitsitt... He returned every single email I ever sent him so did Clare...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
You guys remember Les Carpenter and his series of articles on trader bob? Im just curious if anybody besides me thinks that Les was smooged by Holmgren to write those?

LTH

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Clare was probably the best 'writer'. Sando really brought the level of analysis to a different level. Plus he was the first to do blogging and posting live audio/video. The league basically changed the media rules to slow down guy like him.

Sheil was great, obviously, but he got a lot of credit because you all really hated the guy he replaced.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Who was the NASCAR guy who wrote for ESPN during the Super Bowl years? He was awesome. :sarcasm_off:

chris98251

Reaction score
Clair when he was with the Herald, would buy or grab the sports section just for his stuff, Kelly was with the PI and Art Theil as well.