Carson needs to be benched

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
3 lost fumbles in 2 weeks.... unacceptable. He look bad this week except for one run where he was not touched for the first 17 yards.

Penny time!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":12clqad8 said:
3 lost fumbles in 2 weeks.... unacceptable. He look bad this week except for one run where he was not touched for the first 17 yards.

Penny time!

Still nope. Too boom-or-bust.

Also, I'm giving Carson a break on the second fumble. Nick Vannett blew his block and let a defender disrupt the handoff.

First one was bad. But this is an aberration from his usual play, albeit one that needs to get fixed.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Surprised it took this long for this thread to happen. Typical.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Not this again...

Carson will be just fine! And Penny jus showing his potential. Pete will make the correct choices. He's been coaching running backs fur a long time.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
A week of running the Gauntlet should get him focused again on ball security.

No need to go crazy.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
2nd fumble was officially credited to Wilson, but it wasn't his fault either. Pete also just reiterated this in the post game press conference. They lat a guy through (Vannett did) and got there during the exchange.

Not to say that 2 fumbles in 2 games isn't bad, but if your going to claim something then at least be right about it.

hugecanoli

Reaction score
If anyone should be benched it should be ifedi.

Someone find the pics he has of Pete on his phone and delete please.

He's a penalty-machine-drive-killer.

Muzz

Reaction score
He was responsible for basically handing the Steelers 14 points but in the end, was trusted to get that 4th down conversion. Lucky we won the game for sure though.

GLio14

Reaction score
I was afraid this would happen. He's gotta be better, but he's still the best RB on this team. In the end, I think he'll regroup and get better. He was a tank last year.

Tical21

Reaction score
It was evident pretty early that Penny should have gotten the majority of carries today. The runs were lending themselves to patience and creativity. Carson was just running into piles. That should be why you have a change-of-pace back. But Carson does so much for the attitude of this team you don’t bench him the next game.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yup, Carson will start next game. Carson detractors, you'll be back on the Carson bandwagon in a couple weeks.
Penny may get a few more carries, but more because he looked good running up the middle today. More a case of Penny earning more carries, not benching Carson. It seemed like Penny was the one knocking defenders back for a couple extra yards on each carry today.

It was good to see our .NET fan fave CJ Prosise get some reps in the 2-minute offense at the end of the first half.

Overall, this is the strongest our Running Back meeting room has been in a long time.

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I don’t think he needs to be benched, but I will say that I want Penny hungry and waiting in the wings to take advantage of the opportunity if a benching happens.

Sugarrayjay

Reaction score
Carson is our bell cow back. Yes hes fumbled a lot in 2 weeks. But hea also opened a lot of holes I'm two weeks. Between him, penny and prosise we probably have the best 3 punch in the league. If Carson wobbles, like today, Penny can step right up.

niveky

Reaction score
Pretty much on the Vannett pile of doo doo whiff being the culprit rather than Carson. If Vannett at least holds him up that initial second no problems on the exchange.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
There was a play this game where Carson ran along the sideline for a good gain. It would have been fine if he stepped out of bounds, but he did a subtle little deke and added another 5 or 6 yards.
This is the type of smarts, skill and attention to detail that puts Carson in the same stratosphere as Marshawn Lynch.
Time will tell with Penny, Prosise at al..

Tical21

Reaction score
It was evident pretty early that Penny should have gotten the majority of carries today. The runs were lending themselves to patience and creativity. Carson was just running into piles. That should be why you have a change-of-pace back. But Carson does so much for the attitude of this team you don’t bench him the next game.

Seafan

Reaction score
RW "awarded" the fumble on that last exchange.

Jaron Brown and Ifedi need to step it up too.