First Win In Steeler Country Since 1999

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great win overall. Sure it wasn't perfect, nor pretty at times but it's not lost on me that beating the Steelers in a 10am game ANY season is a big deal regardless of circumstances.

I had this as a loss and I am pleasantly surprised we pulled it out. Some great overall performances on both sides of the ball. Russ settled in after the 4 sacks and does what he does...Efficiency at its finest. DK looks every bit the part, and our running game will continue to pick up steam. Carson will be okay. I know, 3 fumbles after two games is never good but I have faith the coaching and focus will remedy that.

OL is still a work in progress but they definitely improved as the game wore on, which I believe will be the micrcosm for what takes place the rest of the year. This unit is too good to regress. I see them improving each week.

The NFL is bizarro world, let's face it. Last week the Bengals come into one of the most hostile environments and nearly pull out a victory. Meanwhile, they come home in their season opener and look like absolute dog food to the 49ers. Apparently the Bungles decided to blow their wad in Week 1.

Still a long ways to go. But damn, it's not hard to get excited about Ziggy getting on the field and Reed alongside Clowney and company.

I might have to change my offseason prediction from 11-5 to 13-3.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
All good points. Of course the representation was not too bad as some of our hawks showed up. I asked one about hte weather, and he said low 90s and MUGGY....so appreciate the win. Saw the same covers we saw in San Diego that one year and they had them on the other side of the field too on the Pitty side. It must have been harsh.

go hawks.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Aros":1u0hfh64 said:
The NFL is bizarro world, let's face it. Last week the Bengals come into one of the most hostile environments and nearly pull out a victory. Meanwhile, they come home in their season opener and look like absolute dog food to the 49ers. Apparently the Bungles decided to blow their wad in Week 1.

Nobody really knows what's going on early in the season. Plus they're NFL games and they don't go down like people expect. I should probably keep track of the number of "crappy team at home, gonna be a big win" weeks that turn out to be nail biters. It seems like they are nail biters far more than they are big wins.