Ifedi is a Liability Concern

Scorpion05

Reaction score
I really want Ifedi to succeed, especially since he’s still a young player. And I thought people were too impatient with him early. But man, did he try to throw away this game today.

Bone headed holding penalties, still occasionally has temper tantrums, one of which Russell had to break up last week so we wouldn’t lose a touchdown. Fluker and others had their moments, but I’m amazed our offense functioned at all despite these setbacks. Ifedi really needs to get it together as the season goes on

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Nip it in the bud.. just cut the guy..dang he's bad.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Bobblehead":3ek4mcjm said:

And replace him with Fant and Jones? And if they get hurt as they have before.?

Ifedi’s greatest ability is availability. Wish he was actually good but all he’s proven is he’s tough.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Yeah considering how much RT's are going for it's pretty clear the team will move on. It just sucks because when we draft 32nd their probably won't be any NFL ready tackles on the board.

Maybe we can sign another guy Solari used to coach back in the day.

getnasty

Reaction score
If there was someone better he'd be playing. Watt is a hell of a player and at least on the first sack it wasn't his fault. Sure he leaves a little to be desired but he's the best we got.

andyh64000

Reaction score
He is terrible in pass protection...I can't believe there isn't someone better on a practice squad somewhere. And it seems like the only time we run to the right is when the entire left side pulls right.

Polk738

Reaction score
Ya Ifedi was pretty bad, I was hoping they'd bring Fant in to protect after the second sack but no dice. The line had alot of trouble picking up blitzes and stunts, nothing new there I guess but damn Watt was NOT getting blocked on alot of plays- I'm not sure why we don't run more screens off the blitz with Carson or Prosise

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Mad Dog":37bvbvh3 said:
Bobblehead":37bvbvh3 said:

And replace him with Fant and Jones? And if they get hurt as they have before?

Well, they still have me. 6', 207, 60 years old in a couple of days and crippled. Can't be too much worse... :mrgreen:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
He is a player that cannot be coached. He is a draft bust and time to admit and release him.

Fade

Reaction score
getnasty":3tsc256t said:
If there was someone better he'd be playing. Watt is a hell of a player and at least on the first sack it wasn't his fault. Sure he leaves a little to be desired but he's the best we got.

That is what they said about Poona Ford last year, I don't buy it.

I bet Fant & Jamarco Jones are both better.

Next bonehead penalty by Ifedi should land him on the bench for 1 qtr. They did that to him 2 seasons ago, and he cleaned the penalties up. It looks like this needs to be implemented again.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Ifedi is the whipping boy here. People see people bash a player and unless its someone they like they believe it to be true.

I provided a whole link showing Ifedi stats for 1st cpl year player at RT and he was on par for most. He had a little more flags and a little less sacks. I provided this in detail with stats and facts.

People responded with "ifedi trash". You know the same people bashing ifedi said Pocic was better. Lol.

Ifedi had rough game. The 1st sack i believe was on Fluker as Fluker didn't rotate over. Then 1 of 3 flags was on Russ as russ left pocket instead of staying. (Which was fine as ifedi and fluker struggled.

You know who was worse then ifedi today? Fluker. However the threads arent as over flowing for fluker. Is ifedi a HOF? No. Is he decent? Yes. He isnt trash.

Serious question?

How many sacks did the o line allow in 2nd half compared to 1st half when we did quick passes?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":ictv3soe said:
Ifedi is the whipping boy here. People see people bash a player and unless its someone they like they believe it to be true.

I provided a whole link showing Ifedi stats for 1st cpl year player at RT and he was on par for most. He had a little more flags and a little less sacks. I provided this in detail with stats and facts.

People responded with "ifedi trash". You know the same people bashing ifedi said Pocic was better. Lol.

Ifedi had rough game. The 1st sack i believe was on Fluker as Fluker didn't rotate over. Then 1 of 3 flags was on Russ as russ left pocket instead of staying. (Which was fine as ifedi and fluker struggled.

You know who was worse then ifedi today? Fluker. However the threads arent as over flowing for fluker. Is ifedi a HOF? No. Is he decent? Yes. He isnt trash.

Serious question?

How many sacks did the o line allow in 2nd half compared to 1st half when we did quick passes?

The problem is that you can type this response after just about any game from Ifedi.

False starts. Holding. whiffing a block leading to a sack. Every. Single. Game. And they had to go to the quick passing game in part because Ifedi couldn't do his dang job.

Rough day? Try rough career.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If he whiffed like he does and didn't have the penalties then it would probably be a serviceable situation. But he's got a bad streak going of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. Hopefully he can clear it up enough to get back to last season's level and they can find someone to step in along the way.

Jville

Reaction score
I thought our offensive line did a tremendous job .... second quarter on they battled, they stayed composed, they keep believing in each other ... we just tightened it up. I thought they were rock solid from the second quarter on ... third quarter .... fourth quarter .................... per Russell Wilson.

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":1kesm8qj said:
getnasty":1kesm8qj said:

That is what they said about Poona Ford last year, I don't buy it.

I bet Fant & Jamarco Jones are both better.

Next bonehead penalty by Ifedi should land him on the bench for 1 qtr. They did that to him 2 seasons ago, and he cleaned the penalties up. It looks like this needs to be implemented again.

Thats a major difference between Carroll and Holmgren... Holmgren would just chew his butt into next week... No kidding Holmgren wouldn't put up with that for a second..

I get that Carroll is different It will be interesting to see how he deals with it because it's a major problem... even more than that my wife is pissed at Ifedi and Im sick of listening to her bitch about it... LOL

LTH

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2k5hihin said:
Shanegotyou11":2k5hihin said:

Serious question?

The problem is that you can type this response after just about any game from Ifedi.

False starts. Holding. whiffing a block leading to a sack. Every. Single. Game. And they had to go to the quick passing game in part because Ifedi couldn't do his dang job.

Rough day? Try rough career.

But statistically compared to every RT or LT in their first 3 years he is right on course. A lot of those guys ended up pro bowlers.

Do i think he will be a pro bowler? Idk. However you guys just talk on own opinion and dont research.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I yell at Ifedi b/c the holding never stops and he costs a total pant load of yards lost with plays called back. I truly believed he’d eventually turn the corner and thought even last year at the end of the year that he had done so. The bad play is back and he can’t help himself with the holding calls. I suspect he’ll get better this year but has s peak has been reached and he to me isn’t worth giving a big contract to after this season is done.

If he gets kept after this season i’ll Be surprised unless he’s cheap.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2cptcv5b said:
I yell at Ifedi b/c the holding never stops and he costs a total pant load of yards lost with plays called back. I truly believed he’d eventually turn the corner and thought even last year at the end of the year that he had done so. The bad play is back and he can’t help himself with the holding calls. I suspect he’ll get better this year but has s peak has been reached and he to me isn’t worth giving a big contract to after this season is done.

If he gets kept after this season i’ll Be surprised unless he’s cheap.

He is better then duane brown as a tackle at this time of his career.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fieldg ... wn-johnson