This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The New Orleans Saints

BlueThunder

Reaction score

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I signed up for Saints report. It is an interesting board. Not to unlike our own.

xray

Reaction score
Same thing would happen if Wilson went down...basically no division title...no playoffs ...I have admired Brees and the Saints from afar for a long time . We may never see him play again...and that's our loss as football fans IMO.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You could say that about just about any team that has a top tier QB. It sucks, but it's reality. However, the Saints have TWO good backup QB's. Props to them for being prepared.

xray

Reaction score
I think their D is leading the league in sacks and QB hits . They will show up with a chip on their shoulders ; without Brees . IMO

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally!

I don't expect this game will be an easy game for the Hawks.

SaintsWillWin

Reaction score
WIsh this game was in NO instead of Seattle!

Hopefully the refs won't be an issue for either team; as well as injuries.

When the schedule came out I had this game as a loss and obviously last week's game isn't going to change that.

Maybe the Saints having two mobile QBs will complicate the Seahawks game plan!

34-31 Seattle

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Teddy Bridgewater is an accomplished vet and with the opportunity to spend more time with the "ones" and having Sean Payton molding the playbook to his strengths he stands a good chance of leading the Saints to wins. You can throw the film out the window that you may have on the Saints offense. I expect Taysom Hill to be more involved, as well.

The Saints were recognized as legitimate Super Bowl contenders before Brees went down. The drop-off at QB is not enough to change that assessment. The Saints have a deep 52 man roster (including perhaps the best backup in the NFL) beyond Brees. They are still a very dangerous team and according to reports the locker room is embracing this challenge. I am expecting them to be playing as focused as they have ever been. I am expecting a Saints win in a very spirited match-up.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Nice seeing you around AG. Hope things are well with you.

They are really concerned on your board about how the team is gonna fair thru this stretch of games. They are doubting themselves at the moment. But I dont have a clue. Hope our game is interesting and the refs stay out of it...even the lady ref. Cheers.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3hprm0tc said:

They are really concerned on your board about how the team is gonna fair thru this stretch of games. They are doubting themselves at the moment. But I dont have a clue. Hope our game is interesting and the refs stay out of it...even the lady ref. Cheers.

There are a small handful that are always concerned. I assume you are talking about the fans doubting themselves, not the team. From everything I'm hearing the players are confident that they can still win without Brees for a few games. It might be a bit more difficult, but the roster is still made up of the rest of the players that were Super Bowl picks by many.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2eq4ifob said:
Seahawkfan80":2eq4ifob said:

There are a small handful that are always concerned. I assume you are talking about the fans doubting themselves, not the team. From everything I'm hearing the players are confident that they can still win without Brees for a few games. It might be a bit more difficult, but the roster is still made up of the rest of the players that were Super Bowl picks by many.

Back in the day, we could call it plug and play. With a different style, you need to adjust a tiny bit. I think you are correct that you have that status with your group. This game will not tell that, it will however, (notice I used the comma) give Teddy or if he dont work, the other backup room to roam in the world of this fantastic game. It shall be interesting to see. Have a great Saints day.

xray

Reaction score
This isn't a must win for the Hawks in the long run; but the Rams just beat the Saints last week ; and to keep pace in the division the Hawks really need this game . GO HAWKS

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2aftk139 said:
Teddy Bridgewater is an accomplished vet and with the opportunity to spend more time with the "ones" and having Sean Payton molding the playbook to his strengths he stands a good chance of leading the Saints to wins. You can throw the film out the window that you may have on the Saints offense. I expect Taysom Hill to be more involved, as well.

The Saints were recognized as legitimate Super Bowl contenders before Brees went down. The drop-off at QB is not enough to change that assessment. The Saints have a deep 52 man roster (including perhaps the best backup in the NFL) beyond Brees. They are still a very dangerous team and according to reports the locker room is embracing this challenge. I am expecting them to be playing as focused as they have ever been. I am expecting a Saints win in a very spirited match-up.

Welcome back Guido! A lot of us old-timers have missed you around here! And any newbs... Don't mess with AG. He's family 'round these parts... for many years. One of a small handful of opposing fans that are welcome here. :2thumbs:

And Guido... I think most of us here felt your disgust and pain over the BS crap in the NFCCG. I've never been that pissed over a non-Seahawks game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Outside of one Saints fan (AlaskaSaintsFan) every Saints fan I’ve encountered here and in real life has been cool.
Saints and Hawks orgs have had very similar paths. Glad to see our longtime Saints friends making their way back here. :2thumbs:

xray

Reaction score
Besides the Saint's pass rush against the Hawks OL ; Alvin Kamara is a one man wrecking crew for the D to deal with . Much of his production rushing or receiving comes after contact . From what I've seen ; he won't be contained only slowed down a bit. He always gets his yards .

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":2ywt5g22 said:
Besides the Saint's pass rush against the Hawks OL ; Alvin Kamara is a one man wrecking crew for the D to deal with . Much of his production rushing or receiving comes after contact . From what I've seen ; he won't be contained only slowed down a bit. He always gets his yards .

Yeah we see 16 games a year plus, we have seen just about every major back in the league and shut them down, the ones that give our defense fits are the squirrely guys that are quick and explosive, not the power backs.

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":18f57vdv said:
xray":18f57vdv said:

Yeah we see 16 games a year plus, we have seen just about every major back in the league and shut them down, the ones that give our defense fits are the squirrely guys that are quick and explosive, not the power backs.
Another similar back in Christion McCaffrey in Carolina who the Hawks visit late this season.