Stuffed most plays running up the middle

seabowl

Reaction score
I've noticed that this is a play getting called over and over and almost every time there is little to no gain if not a loss. I hope they get.more creative and maybe even employ a fullback especially if they intend to continue to run up the middle.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yep, Here's an idea Schotts, because they are seeing it coming at them so often, Defenses are getting use to seeing you throw all the "Hay Makers" up the middle, try throwing a 'Left Hook', or a 'Right Cross' every now and then, they won't know what hit em.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
We use the run to set up the throw. Every play can't yield touchdowns and chunk plays. This is not fantasy football. There is strategy involved. We keep running up middle causing defenses to cheat up to stop it. Then we take advantage of it. If we don't run then they don't cheat. This is the way our offense is structured. It has been this way since Pete got here. It will not change.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
After last week we were 4th against the run. After this week, we may be moving higher.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2751j0vi said:
After last week we were 4th against the run. After this week, we may be moving higher.

Not sure how you misunderstood but it's our running game getting stuffed

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":28u0scns said:
Jazzhawk":28u0scns said:

Not sure how you misunderstood but it's our running game getting stuffed
Easy, you didn't mention who, either in the title or the OP, so I went with the positive outlook. Our 'D' is stuffing the run.

xray

Reaction score
I think that this season opponents D's have throttled down the Hawks run game ...because they seem to know how now IMO

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3oswiv7t said:
We use the run to set up the throw. Every play can't yield touchdowns and chunk plays. This is not fantasy football. There is strategy involved. We keep running up middle causing defenses to cheat up to stop it. Then we take advantage of it. If we don't run then they don't cheat. This is the way our offense is structured. It has been this way since Pete got here. It will not change.
You're bringing common sense into this. Stop it. :sarcasm_off:

Pete has been doing it a long time. And winning while doing it. Every now and then they have a game like this and it looks like a problem. You're right. It will not change.