Metcalf

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Are we ok with Metcalf's 3-cone drill and lack of college production now? Ya, me too.

Ryhxwttlfn6edhe0tc3p

Seahawks3

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
He killed that cb lol. If he stays injury free he will put up big numbers.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
And for those bitching about some of those sidelines throws he didn't get... Russ was totally underthrowing him. Shoulda been back shoulder and weren't.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
He's the receiver we've all been waiting for since 12.. since Sidney Rice.

OP
OP
Jazzhawk

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1yz89kvb said:
He's the receiver we've all been waiting for since 12.. since Sidney Rice.
:2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
ivotuk":2zls53sn said:
He can be better than Sidney.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was to become our best ever big receiver.. damn have we ever actually had one?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2s65027t said:
And for those bitching about some of those sidelines throws he didn't get... Russ was totally underthrowing him. Shoulda been back shoulder and weren't.

??? Umm what?

So...your assumption is that Russ missed the throw, and not that...the communication and timing from a rookie is off?

There was one throw in particular where Metcalf kept going up the field, seems Russ was expecting Metcalf to read or do something different there. The others where the DB broke up the back shoulder throw, both looked mistimed or not positioned on Metcalf's part.

I'm gonna lean more towards the vet QB who's one of the most accurate QBs in the league isn't the culprit here. Either way, what's there to complain about?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
The underthrown deep ball is pretty classic Wilson. Metcalf will get used to it, like Wilson's other top targets, and adjust.

Tical21

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2qw1zd20 said:
Jazzhawk":2qw1zd20 said:

??? Umm what?

So...your assumption is that Russ missed the throw, and not that...the communication and timing from a rookie is off?

There was one throw in particular where Metcalf kept going up the field, seems Russ was expecting Metcalf to read or do something different there. The others where the DB broke up the back shoulder throw, both looked mistimed or not positioned on Metcalf's part.

I'm gonna lean more towards the vet QB who's one of the most accurate QBs in the league isn't the culprit here. Either way, what's there to complain about?
I mean for these things to work, both sides have to be right. Russ is surely a vet qb, but he’s thrown maybe 10 of these in his career, and most were to Jermaine Kearse. Some of the placement was awful, some there were read issues. If DK is even, unless the corner can really fly, the correct read should be to throw the fade. DK obviously was confused about when he is supposed to read back shoulder or not. The one really good ball, the defender broke up. It will work a lot better if you throw a fade every now and again. It’s week 2 of their relationship together. It’s fully expected that this type of play would be a work in progress for a while.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Everything has been positive about this young player, he looks like he will be an awesome pick.

chris98251

Reaction score
Give them a season and another off season and we will see rewards next year, this is all a learning curve for both still, Metcalf on how to beat defenders learn the offense and what Wilson likes to do, Wilson learning where to give Metcalf his best chance to catch as well as trusting him to do things remarkable which we are still waiting to see which I think will happen.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Steal of the 2019 NFL draft. Proving he can be Calvin Johnson like. He already knows how to use his size as an advantage.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkfan68":tlmt6ryg said:
Steal of the 2019 NFL draft. Proving he can be Calvin Johnson like. He already knows how to use his size as an advantage.

He should get better at learning to do that right now I think it's just physical and not contrived as much, he will learn to set up and get a full box out.