Should Seattle be Scared of SF?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
The 49ers whipped up on Cincy a team we squeaked by. Some may try to compare us to them right now and their match against Pitt next week may be another opportunity for barometer. I'm not buying any hype, they are 7 win team max. I can see 6 straight losses to end their season.

Wk 12 vs GB
Wk 13 vs Balt
Wk 14 @ NO
Wk 15 Vs Atl
Wk 16 vs LAR
Wk 17 @ Sea

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They beat two crap teams to start the season. If they start beating contenders, I'll be concerned. That being said, 2-0 to start the season is a surprise to say the least, regardless who they were playing.

McGruff

Reaction score
I remember back in 2012 to 2014, teams often got killed the week after playing us.

The theory was that our defense and physical offense basically stole their soul, and the next opponent feasted on the remnants.

Maybe that is what is happening here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We beat 2 crap teams to start the season too.

Then again, the Bills are 2-0. Records don't really tell the tale yet.

But yes, we probably should be concerned that SF has looked better than us so far.

Seymour

Reaction score
No reason to be scared of the whiners unless they drop the soap in the shower of course. :shock:

nanomoz

Reaction score
Their running game and stable of backs has been impressive. And the DL will give the Hawks fits.

But I don't think Garropolo (sp?) is good enough for their success to be sustained all year. He's Ryan Fitzpatrick with hype.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Their defense is definitely legit, especially when Bosa and others are healthy. Stacked with high picks and solid vets.

Still not sold on Garoppolo, he throws too many picks and against better teams that's going to continue to cost the Niners.

Let's be real, they beat us last year with a backup QB, so inside the division no team should ever be taken lightly. Scared? No, but the Niners are definitely not pushovers either. Two road wins to start the season is very good, I don't care who you're playing.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
They look better than we do so far, but its to early to tell.

John63

Reaction score
So my feeling is simple they only played one team we did. Cincy, they had the benefit of film. Something we did not as CIncy has a new OC, new HC and new DC. So we had no clue what to expect. SF did. If we had the benefit of film we would have done better. That said if what we saw yesterday in the 2nd half is an example of what we can do, and I think we can do even more, on offense when we ....let loose, then I think we can beat anyone, if PC takes the leash off soon enough. If not then it will be a struggle.

kf3339

Reaction score
Personally, I more interested in who "WE" are playing week to week than worrying about some other teams performances. This is especially true when we are talking about the first month of the season.

We are 2-0 with many issues that need to be fixed from our first two games. Combine that with the D-Line players we are missing and I think teams should start being scared of us going forward! :irishdrinkers:

iigakusei

Reaction score
You can poo-poo who they have played if you want, but they have won two road games to start the season and that is impressive. I think all the teams in the NFC West are dangerous.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed that winning on the road - no matter against who - is no joke. Winning is hard to come by in the NFL, especially so on the road so my respect for them. Having said that, I want to see how they look against us or the Rams. That will tell me a whole lot more about that team than those two wins combined.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
It would be stupid not to respect a divisional rival. I mean even the Dolphins would beat the Patriots on a semi consistent basis. Did SF not beat our Hawks last year and they didnt even have JG playing that game. Remember before the Rams became what they are and they were a 7 win team at best, they somehow managed 1-2 of those wins against our Hawks too. I do think the Hawks have the tools to beat the Niners, but it's no gimme game for sure.

LTH

Reaction score
Maybe not scared of them the Seahawks are not scared of anybody but they better give them the respect they deserve the NFC west is the best division in football and IMO it's not even close...

LTH

HawkerD

Reaction score
There are maybe 2 teams tops that you don't have to respect as much as the others. Any discounting of SF is false bravado at best and lacking a grip on reality at the other end of the spectrum. These are proud players who are strapping it on and proud coaches working 20 hour days to prepare.

This is not yet the 2013/2014 Seahawks instilling fear in other teams. They have to come to play if they want to win. As a Seahawk fan, I don't see any game as a "gimme" and am nervous until the final second tics off the clock. I am never "afraid" of the opponent but always anxious about the outcome.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
I don't really think they should be "scared" of anybody. That being said, they had better respect that team! Seattle pretty much sent that franichise into the dark for many years, and they are back with some good talent, and heck-bent on kicking our teeth in. Whether they can back it up or not remains to be seen. As far as Garropolo, I wouldn't sleep on him either. I mean, who was concerned with Nick Mullens until he threw for about 900 yards vc SEA last year? How about last week? Mason Rudolph....really? SEA has a way of making "so-so" QBs look like something special. Don't take anyone lightly, espcially the Whiners. My .02.