So why has John Ursua not been in a reg season game yet?!

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
He does not look to be injured and he has only had two catches in pre-season (for 26 yard average). He looked darn good but now not in a game for even one play. ??????

OP
OP
ExBassGuide

ExBassGuide

Reaction score
In 2018 he got more receiving touch downs than any other player in collage!!!!

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I lost track of the inactives for last two weeks... has he been on the 45-man roster?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The question for him is he better than the guys ahead of him on the roster? In all he’s not shown enough yet in practice to move up the DC.

So far he hasn’t been active.

He’ll get his chances before long.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I too would like to see him active and on the field. He can't do any less than Jaron Brown.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks are saving him for some reason . He is pro ready for a rookie ; so I think he will line up soon; maybe this week.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":vli2g417 said:
I too would like to see him active and on the field. He can't do any less than Jaron Brown.

How do you know? If he runs routes less well and misses blocking assignments, he’s doing worse than Brown.

Brown stays on the roster because of what he does without the ball in his hands. Rookies sometimes don’t realize there’s more to the game than catching a football. Gotta know the x’s and o’s inside out.

Jville

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":j3uycspj said:
I lost track of the inactives for last two weeks... has he been on the 45-man roster?

In week 1 Ursua was inactive.

In week 2 Ursua was active and participated in 2 snaps with the offense.

Logged injury and inactive reports as of this week >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156151&p=2308710#p2308710[/urltargetblank]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
As Jville stated, Ursua was active last week. He's buried on the depth chart below DK, Lockett, Brown, Turner, and Moore will be back.

I'm assuming he goes back to inactive this week.

olyfan63

Reaction score
He's not a big bodied blocker to spring Carson, Penny, and Prosise downfield on outside runs, but when Schotty installs the Air Raid, I think I heard he was planning to debut it in the Rams game, Ursua will be seeing tons of snaps. I would swear Ursua was targeted once by Russell in the Cincy game, but I might be mixing that up with preseason.

Yes, I'm joking about the Air Raid. But ya never know...

toffee

Reaction score
Does anyone know which of our WRs had the most snaps as slot in the last two games?

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":26pazh79 said:
Who had the most snaps as our slot in the last two games?

The question is who would you bump to activate him ? Metcalf? Lockett? Brown? Turner?

McGruff

Reaction score
chris98251":yptdaxjo said:
toffee":yptdaxjo said:

The question is who would you bump to activate him ? Metcalf? Lockett? Brown? Turner?

No, no, yes, why not.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
For the millionth time, you don't see the active roster as a backup unless you contribute on ST. He's not a starter, he's not going to be a starter any time within the next 3 or 4 years, and he doesn't offer anything on ST more than anyone else who is already better at ST than he is. It's the same damn thing with Ferguson, who literally offers nothing on ST. They are developmental players. Injury is his best bet to get snaps and Moore is coming back.

chris98251

Reaction score
McGruff":1ky5scrt said:
chris98251":1ky5scrt said:
toffee":1ky5scrt said:

No, no, yes, why not.

You say that but does Ursua block like Brown? Does he cover on special teams like Turner as a Gunner?

There is more then catches and Yards received these guys have to do.

xray

Reaction score
chris98251":2hc5pguv said:
toffee":2hc5pguv said:

If Brown collects more penalties he could be seated .IMO

hawk45

Reaction score
Mad Dog":246ue24g said:
Jazzhawk":246ue24g said:

How do you know? If he runs routes less well and misses blocking assignments, he’s doing worse than Brown.

Brown stays on the roster because of what he does without the ball in his hands. Rookies sometimes don’t realize there’s more to the game than catching a football. Gotta know the x’s and o’s inside out.

Right, because Brown's holding penalties blocking have been covering him in glory so far.