Reality Check! This is a rebuild!

tersal

Reaction score
This is what a rebuild looks like. One side of the ball stronger than the other. The large contracts on the defense are gone it was needed the team had ran it's course. Replacing the likes of Sherman,Thomas, Bennet, Avril, Chancellor and a would be large contract in Clark is not easy. On offense aside from Russ , Lockett and Brown who commands big money. Carson will require a nice salary. not sure on Britt his injury was nasty, We will see,

Final note in the playoff loss to the Falcons during the 2016 season hen they drove 99 yards just before halftime against the Seahawks I began to feel the run was over. The following year when the team was fighting for the division lead against Rams and the Rams came into Century Link and blasted the Seahawks 42-7 I THINK WE ALL KNEW A REBUILD WAS REQUIRED. They lost something like 3 of their last 4 and missed the playoffs.
THIS IS A REBUILD. Good job by Pete and John Schneider Not to try to hang on to something that was not there.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hell, if we're 7-2 during a rebuild, then I cant wait to see them at full strength!

BigMeach

Reaction score
tersal":srpl2lff said:
This is what a rebuild looks like. One side of the ball stronger than the other. The large contracts on the defense are gone it was needed the team had ran it's course. Replacing the likes of Sherman,Thomas, Bennet, Avril, Chancellor and a would be large contract in Clark is not easy. On offense aside from Russ , Lockett and Brown who commands big money. Carson will require a nice salary. not sure on Britt his injury was nasty, We will see,

Final note in the playoff loss to the Falcons during the 2016 season hen they drove 99 yards just before halftime against the Seahawks I began to feel the run was over. The following year when the team was fighting for the division lead against Rams and the Rams came into Century Link and blasted the Seahawks 42-7 I THINK WE ALL KNEW A REBUILD WAS REQUIRED. They lost something like 3 of their last 4 and missed the playoffs.
THIS IS A REBUILD. Good job by Pete and John Schneider Not to try to hang on to something that was not there.

I think everyone everywhere is aware that this team started rebuilding last year. This isn't a revelation brother. Just be happy that we've managed to put out two good seasons while doing it.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I wouldn't call this a rebuild, to do so is ignorant. I'd say on offense we are one TE away from having the best overall skill position players in the NFL. DK and Lockett are a formattable combo that we can keep around for years to come. Carson is statistically one of the best runningbacks in the NFL, and Gordon -- even if he is the same guy as he was in NE is still miles ahead of Jaron Brown and most third wideouts in the NFL. Our QB is currently playing better than the 31 other starters in the NFL.

This isn't a rebuild, no it is a redistribution. It is a Seahawks team that we are unfamiliar with. One that has its balance of power shifted to the offense, while the once vaunted defense is playing second fiddle. It is more akin to a Mike Holmgren team than a Carroll team. The fortunes this season will ultimately depend on whether or not Carroll is able to recognize that our only hope is to place hope in the offense. Pete ball is incompatible with this teams structure, and I'd argue both of our losses came at least in part because he tried to play that style.

Offense is the name of the game on this particular Seahawks team.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
I would agree that this is a rebuild. Just a very very competitive one.

The talent shedding this team has done since 2017 is enormous and replacing it will take time and very good/shrewd drafting, free agency and roster management.

Keep in mind that Clowney, Reed, Jefferson, Ansah, Kendricks, Taylor, Woods are all free agents after this season. Those are all key contributors on this (albeit bad) defense. So the defense will probably still be in transition next year.

So we're rebuilding, but with an Elite QB offsetting some of you're problems, you're still going to be competitive. The Patriots, Steelers, Saints and Packers have dealt with similar transitions.

xray

Reaction score
Every team is changing personnel every season . The better organizations try to evolve into a better team than the previous one . The best organizations seem to accomplish that on a regular basis . Rebuild means a ground up overhaul ; which you seldom see . IMO

WarHawks

Reaction score
It will be fun seeing this rebuild team in the SB in February.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
7-2 is what a rebuild looks like? Mmmm'kay.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The word "rebuild" means the entire organization, not just one or two parts of the organization.

So no, just because because the defense is still rebuilding doesn't mean the entire team can be called a "rebuild." This is probably the best offensive unit Pete's ever put on the field. Is that a rebuild?

In the words of the great Inigo Montoya.........................

FWeorUP bS3UD8Lzvfm 9B8hN6o3h78ZiIyH995PvYI

MOCHawk

Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with the term rebuild either, but it certainly hasn't reached it's final 2.x form yet. 7-2 is great, I just hope nobody is extrapolating that to think we are going to end up 13-3 or 12-4. This team is very flawed and championship teams don't lose 2 home games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
People can have any expectations they want. Why do people care so much if other fans have high expectations?
I still think it's a 10 or 11 team. And that's damn good considering what they have to work with this year.
At this point, I've changed my original expectations of 10 wins to 11 wins. No reason this team can't go 4-3 in the last 7 games. It will be a challenge w/the upcoming schedule, but big deal. Bring it on.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":209ho8oj said:
People can have any expectations they want. Why do people care so much if other fans have high expectations?

Probably because people can be pretty sad/whiny/intolerable when our expectations get dashed. If we don't think how we feel affects other people, we haven't been paying attention.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
We've definitely been rebuilding parts of the team (o-line, d-line, and secondary), but I wouldn't call this a rebuild.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
All in how you look at it. Everyone deals with it their own way, and that's cool. I'd rather have high expectations than doom and gloom crap. Though I have no false hope that they are making the Super Bowl this year. I still see 11 wins and a trip to the playoffs.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That's the genius of Pete Carroll. Winning games during a rebuild.